Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:17:10 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  The start of something awesome, my RDB
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The start of something awesome, my RDB  (Read 702 times)
Menace667

« on: August 12, 2017, 12:57:26 PM »

Just mounted a RMR LED on an ADM full co-witness mount on my RDB. Have the aluminum handguard in order from the vendor who posted here and plan to put an AFG and barricade stop on it with a muzzle break (tropic shark break probably) in the near future. All the mags I have for it are clear body Lancer L5AWM 30 rounders.

If I had a wish list for it, I want a Grip container/plug similar to the Magpul offerings to store a batery for my RMR and the alien wrench needed to remove it from mount, a fix to the bolt release to make it usable, and a dual sized charging handle.

* IMG_1684.JPG (1938.06 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 195 times.)
Boolah

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »

Hey Menace! Sorry to necro this thread, but I was just curious how your RDB is treating you? I am looking into purchasing a bullpup and the RDB's seem to be in my price range... If you had to do it again, would you still purchase the RDB?
Thank you!  Smiley
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:17:54 PM »

Hey Menace! Sorry to necro this thread, but I was just curious how your RDB is treating you? I am looking into purchasing a bullpup and the RDB's seem to be in my price range... If you had to do it again, would you still purchase the RDB?
Thank you!  Smiley

Boolah...i'm going to speak for Menace here.  To answer your question...absolutely!  Emphatically in fact!  My RDB is still running strong and hasn't caused me any problems.  I have yet to have the rifle jam on me in any form or fashion and I've had it for over a year now.  With the lifetime warranty Kel-Tec offers along with the inexpensive price of the rifle (under $1k for a bullpup) i wouldn't hesitate buying.  It's light weight, accurate enough and really fun to shoot.  In fact I'm looking to buy another to cerakote; i have a buddy that works for a company that does it professionally - see link below.  anyway, i'd recommend the RDB without hesitation. 

https://blacksheeparms.com/   
Menace667

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 12:07:54 AM »

Thank you!  Smiley

So here is the long and short of it. It has been awesome and absolutely I would make this buy again. I have a Tavor  that is three times as costly as my RDB and if I had bought them backward I would never have gotten a Tavor (lie cause I like choices, but the RDB is far nicer and funnier shooting). Let a friends wife shoot it recently (she thought an AR recoil was stout) and she loved it. It runs brass 100% reliably (I donít like steel garbage ammo so I try to not run it if possible) and has ran gan2 and 3 plays as well as Lancers with no issue. If there is any complaint it is the bolt release being almost unusable, but the guy who made the handguard (almost a required upgrade it is so damn nice) is working on a fix for it, which will be an excellent change to an already awesome weapon.

Mine has about 1000 rounds down so far to know where I get my opinion from.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length