Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 10:00:27 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  X95 After Market Barrels?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: X95 After Market Barrels?  (Read 1323 times)
jggtn
New Posting Member

« on: August 11, 2017, 04:14:23 PM »

Who, if anyone, is making aftermarket (preferably accurized, match grade) barrels for the X95?
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »

'' Match grade ''

So you would rather have a non chrome lined, stainless steel barrel that will burn out after a few thousand rounds so you can Turn this bullpup into a bench gun.. Rather than have a cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel that will last tens of thousands of rounds?

I shoot 1-2MOA with my Tavor using handloads, and honestly I think that is more than accurate enough.  Especially considering my ''Match grade'' AR15 isn't much more accurate than my Tavor.

2 cents

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 04:29:03 PM »

'' Match grade ''

So you would rather have a non chrome lined, stainless steel barrel that will burn out after a few thousand rounds so you can Turn this bullpup into a bench gun.. Rather than have a cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel that will last tens of thousands of rounds?

I shoot 1-2MOA with my Tavor using handloads, and honestly I think that is more than accurate enough.  Especially considering my ''Match grade'' AR15 isn't much more accurate than my Tavor.

2 cents
How about a nitrite finished barrel.
As for an aftermarket barrel,  it will depend on the cost.
I think the cost is going to be too high for most.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »

Who, if anyone, is making aftermarket (preferably accurized, match grade) barrels for the X95?

The problem is getting or making the a new barrel nut....

Once you have that the barrel is easy to make.

My old barrel has over 3,000 rounds through it. I took the barrel nut off with the help of map gas.

However, I always like to put a new barrel nut on a new barrel.
I never used the old barrel nut on any of my AR15 service rifle when replacing the barrel.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »

The problem is getting or making the a new barrel nut....

Once you have that the barrel is easy to make.

My old barrel has over 3,000 rounds through it. I took the barrel nut off with the help of map gas.

However, I always like to put a new barrel nut on a new barrel.
I never used the old barrel nut on any of my AR15 service rifle when replacing the barrel.
Do u need a barrel nut for the tavor/x95?
Isn't it already built into the rifle?

RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 04:41:39 PM »

'' Match grade ''

2 cents

I used to ride the nitride fan train, and it is decent; although I consider chrome superior in the long run.  Why?  My experience has never indicated that Nitride is notably more accurate than chrome.
Regardless of all of that, if someone wants an actual match grade barrel, it will have to by design basically be unlined stainless steel.  Which would mean a very meager barrel life.

Not to mention, these are the kind of groups my Tavor gets with Wolf gold.  Couldn't ask for more from a Battle weapon of any kind in my opinion.  Rack grade AR15's, AK's, HK's, etc, are not '' match grade weapons.   My Nitride AR with 5R rifling barely shoots MOA, sure maybe sub MOA sometimes, but not consistently, and my Tavor does the same thing.

Here is a 5 shot group of Wolf gold from my Tavor X95, (one of the first X95's to hit the market that supposedly had accuracy issues according to barfcom).  This was shot with a red dot, I just got a magnified scope for the Tavor, so we will see in upcoming weeks if I can get better groups, but even if I don't I am more than happy with this kind of accuracy.

Just seems silly to me to get rid of one of the best type makes of barrels to try and shoot smaller groups from a combat weapon.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 04:43:32 PM »

Could be more about saving money.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 04:48:54 PM »

Could be more about saving money.

I would be all for aftermarket Tavor barrels, don't get me wrong.  I think it would be great for the market in many aspects.

At the end of the day I would be Rocking the factory Israeli Cold Hammer Forged Chrome lined barrels because they are basically the best type of combat weapon make of barrels that are mass produced.  It would be cool if aftermarket barrels dropped the cost of factory IWI barrels. blasting

FWIW, like my username suggests, I varmint hunt with my X95, and have just as much success as I do varmint hunting with my AR's.  But most varmint shots are within 300 yards anyway.

-Thomas Jefferson
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 05:30:20 PM »

'' Match grade ''

2 cents

I used to ride the nitride fan train, and it is decent; although I consider chrome superior in the long run.  Why?  My experience has never indicated that Nitride is notably more accurate than chrome.
Regardless of all of that, if someone wants an actual match grade barrel, it will have to by design basically be unlined stainless steel.  Which would mean a very meager barrel life.

Not to mention, these are the kind of groups my Tavor gets with Wolf gold.  Couldn't ask for more from a Battle weapon of any kind in my opinion.  Rack grade AR15's, AK's, HK's, etc, are not '' match grade weapons.   My Nitride AR with 5R rifling barely shoots MOA, sure maybe sub MOA sometimes, but not consistently, and my Tavor does the same thing.

Here is a 5 shot group of Wolf gold from my Tavor X95, (one of the first X95's to hit the market that supposedly had accuracy issues according to barfcom).  This was shot with a red dot, I just got a magnified scope for the Tavor, so we will see in upcoming weeks if I can get better groups, but even if I don't I am more than happy with this kind of accuracy.

Just seems silly to me to get rid of one of the best type makes of barrels to try and shoot smaller groups from a combat weapon.
nitrite is not adding a lining to the barrel. But it seems either is good as long it's done right

RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »

I am well aware of how the nitride process works.

Some say it is better because since it's a treatment, as the barrel wears it wears evenly with nitride, compared to how chrome will pit and shear.   Yada yada, I drank the nitride koolaid a while back.

I personally did not notice any significant or notable accuracy difference between my Nitride and chrome barrels.  I have a some Nitride barrels that outshoot one chrome barrel, and a chrome barrel that outshoots other nitride barrels.

I have mixed opinions about it.  On one hand, yes Nitride will wear more evenly.  On the other hand Chrome will take longer to wear.  I still own several Nitride barrels, but at the end of the day I prefer chrome.  The thing is, most of us wont notice a difference, and by the time you ruin either barrel, one will have shot tens of thousands of rounds.

I agree though, I think either one will be fine as long as it's made right.

Back to the original point though, as far as I'm aware True match grade barrels are neither chrome lined, or nitride treated.  I'm sure there are companies that claim match grade with nitride barrels... But the thing is, all the big name barrel makers that are match grade proven have a strict selection of non treated, non chromed barrels for their Match grade line up, all of which are stainless steel.

There are some companies that Nitride stainless steel barrels, but those aren't the companies that people buy from when building a True high end match grade AR.  There are reasons that people prefer plain stainless steel for match shooting.

All of this is neither here nor there, and I wouldn't be surprised if OP is a barfcom troll.  At the end of the day, the CHF CL barrel that comes stock on the Tavor is plenty accurate for my tastes, and I'm sure more accurate than most people are capable of shooting.
I'm willing to bet the same people that call the Tavor inaccurate cant hit a tennis ball consistently with a pistol from 15 yards, but then claim the pistol is inaccurate and shoots low and left LOL
( for those that don't know, low and left pistol shooting is because the user if jerking the pistol from anticipating recoil. )

-Thomas Jefferson
Bullpup777

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 07:11:33 AM »

Has any actually answered the question asked by the poster?  It is a pretty simple question - yes or no.  If yes, this is the company.  If he is a bench shooter, it is his choice.  Who cares.  He doesn't need to be called a troll, his intentins questioned, etc. Ask a simple question and get completely irrelivnet and in many cases insulting replies.  It gets old. OP ....... I do not have an answer for you.  Good luck in your search and enjoy your X95.
scstrain

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 09:04:51 AM »

I agree, it gets old. 
jggtn
New Posting Member

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »

Has any actually answered the question asked by the poster?  It is a pretty simple question - yes or no.  If yes, this is the company.  If he is a bench shooter, it is his choice.  Who cares.  He doesn't need to be called a troll, his intentins questioned, etc. Ask a simple question and get completely irrelivnet and in many cases insulting replies.  It gets old. OP ....... I do not have an answer for you.  Good luck in your search and enjoy your X95.

Thanks Bullpup777!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Either there are aftermarket manufacturers or there aren't. The question had nothing to do with metallurgy or anecdotal stories about personal shot group. Either there are barrels being machined, lapped, and actually mic'd to precise tolerances or not. The only in-between is finding a barrel maker who'll do a special order/custom. I'll call Krieger and some of the other barrel makers over the next several days and see what they're willing to accommodate.

Cheers!
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 11:48:55 AM »

Oh what you don't like the responses?  Then why don't you go read the hundreds of genuine responses from the dozens other of threads like this in the past few weeks.

Plenty of us are sick of barfcom trolls falsely claiming the X95 to be wildly inaccurate.  It's not just a couple threads, you fags are making dozens of threads about this subject on dozens of forums.   As well I'm hard-pressed to believe that the people who sit there saying the x95 is inaccurate even own one.

I try not to be a dick on forums, but I'm so sick of these types of threads.  The same people who say the X95 is inaccurate are the same people that claim to get 1MOA with their BCM's using M193 &M855.

As far as OP's question, it was a pretty obvious No, yet he already knew the answer before posting.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:23:04 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

-Thomas Jefferson
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 12:02:27 PM »

Bullpup777
Have you even shot an X95 yet?
Or has nothing changed from the last thread, and you are basing all these opinions about the Tavor being inaccurate based solely on YouTube videos and things you read on the internet rather than actual experience?

If you haven't even shot an X95, then you shouldnt be posting  threads about it being inaccurate. 

I honestly think Bullpup777 and jggtn(OP) are the same person posting from 2 different accounts.
Same posting style, same vocabulary/grammar, same thread topics, etc.

Take a stock Colt 6920 using milspec M193 or M855 and you are going to get the same level of accuracy as one gets with the Tavor X95.  Want better accuracy, then use better ammo and better shooting techniques.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:32:33 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

-Thomas Jefferson
Bullpup777

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »

Well the Blowhard is back. What I own is none of your business.  Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong point or you have ADD because you cannot focus or understand on the question asked and all of your posts reflect this.  Yes or no ...... get it?!?!   They have meds for your condition. 
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 12:34:06 PM »

Well the Blowhard is back. What I own is none of your business.  Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong point or you have ADD because you cannot focus or understand on the question asked and all of your posts reflect this.  Yes or no ...... get it?!?!   They have meds for your condition.  

Hey  here is the guy that doesn't even own an X95, but thinks he is an expert on it because he watched YouTube videos about it.

Barfcom troll confirmed !
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:32:02 PM by Snapperhead363 » Logged

-Thomas Jefferson
jggtn
New Posting Member

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »

Oh what you don't like the responses?  Then why don't you go read the hundreds of genuine responses from the dozens other of threads like this in the past few weeks.

Plenty of us are sick of barfcom trolls falsely claiming the X95 to be wildly inaccurate.  It's not just a couple threads, you fags are making dozens of threads about this subject on dozens of forums.   As well I'm hard-pressed to believe that the people who sit there saying the x95 is inaccurate even own one.

I try not to be a dick on forums, but I'm so sick of these types of threads.  The same people who say the X95 is inaccurate are the same people that claim to get 1MOA with their BCM's using M193 &M855.

As far as OP's question, it was a pretty obvious No, yet he already knew the answer before posting.

RabbitSlayer, I don't appreciate you're hijacking the thread and running your own agenda. I won't speak for anyone else but myself when I say that your contribution to the topic is not only unproductive and hostile, it was completely unresponsive to the question posed.

I asked an extremely simple question. You not only responded with non-answers, but you've tried to turn this into an accuracy discussion. I never raised any issues about accuracy, nor do I need to do so to inquire about aftermarket barrels.

Please remove yourself from the discussion. You're unhelpful opinions are neither wanted nor appreciated. Your remarks about trolling only reflect your own reprehensible behavior. Just go away.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 12:38:59 PM »

Bullpup777 Doesn't even own an X95, yet he made several threads talking about it.
He also called-out and insulted the entire Forum last week; then edited his post to hide his tracks.  

Like I told you in the last thread buddy, I'm going to call out barfcom trolls every time I sniff you guys out.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:31:13 PM by Snapperhead363 » Logged

-Thomas Jefferson
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »

Pretty sure that..
Op and Bullpup777 are the same person posting under different accounts.

Barfcom troll confirmed, doesn't even own an X95.

-Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length