Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2017, 10:13:18 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Replacement full length OEM X95 front hand guards in stock at IWI
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Replacement full length OEM X95 front hand guards in stock at IWI  (Read 282 times)
Hivedr.

« on: August 11, 2017, 12:04:02 AM »

So I was checking out the new IWI web store and saw they FINALLY have replacement full size OEM X95 hand guards in stock. BLK, ODG and FDE. I purchased a BLK and ODG set mostly for the rail covers. Got them in today and well the ODG is way off in color. Now IWI dose mention there might be some color differences but these are nowhere near the ODG of the X95 which is IMO more a USMC/forest GRN vs a true ODG. The replacement fore end panels are a true OD green (much lighter tone than what came from the factory on the X95)

I will still use the replacement OD panels for some mod testing I was planning so the color is not such a big deal. Just wanted to let others know that the small "note" IWI put at the bottom of the description
is more of a color difference than a little, it's a lot.

I will post up some photos later to show the color tone difference.

RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 01:04:56 AM »

Nice, I might have to make mine a two tone Tavor Cheesy
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:18:29 AM »

We have seen several shades of both FDE and OD green across the Tavor and X95.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Hivedr.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 04:33:43 PM »

Here are the new X95 front ends I just got in. The single ODG bottom rail panel is from our ODG X95. As you can see the new front end panels are lighter and a more true OD color.

I already started playing around with some mix and match colors. As can be seen I swapped out the panel "latches" between my current ODG and BLK. I kinda like the BLK latches on GRN panels although they look good on our FDE as well. If there is interest I post some mix and match photos with the panels on the rifles.

* IMG_5379.jpg (1592.8 KB, 2576x1866 - viewed 22 times.)

* IMG_5378.JPG (1848.67 KB, 2005x2331 - viewed 22 times.)

* IMG_5380.jpg (1957.57 KB, 2643x2241 - viewed 22 times.)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length