Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2017, 10:12:38 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  I was bored and made this meme today!
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I was bored and made this meme today!  (Read 513 times)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 12:31:48 AM »

It's a joke. If it's not your taste that's fine.

What happened to the laid back atmosphere that used to permeate here?  A year or so back, something like this would have been laughed at by those who found it funny and ignored by those who didn't.  Now I sometimes feel like everything is "microaggression this" or "triggered that"... C'mon, people, let's lighten up a bit.  The Wicked B!tch didn't win in November, Obama is looking more and more like a failure, and for once we're able to go play offensive ball rather than constantly being on the defensive when it comes to our rights.

Just because liberal snowflakes like to get offended at every little thing doesn't mean that society (even an internet forum) should drop all standards of decency, respect, and decorum. Qui tacet, consentire videtur. If I see something I think is wrong, I'm in the habit of saying so. Sorry if you think I'm ruining the forum. I try to make solid contributions to this board--especially regarding the Tavor because it's my favorite rifle.

I believe Snapperhead was just trying to be provocative towards the die-hard AR fanboys who trash bullpups constantly, but I don't think the way he went about it was in good taste. It sets a bad example to anyone--especially kids who may be reading this forum, and alienates people who may like both ARs and bullpups.

Anyway, I've made my opinion known as I felt I should. Carry on.

It isn't the content of your comments, it's the delivery.  We can disagree, but why the haste to be disagreeable about it as if it's a personal affront that people hold different opinions?

For example, there's no need to resort to using insulting names (liberal snowflakes) just because someone doesn't hold your opinion or calls out something you said.

We're all supposed to be on the same side and yet I think if dueling were legal that we'd have a lot of board members either in a box or in the hospital.  This has to stop and we have to drop the animosity that accompanies disagreement.

Perhaps this board just has an over-abundance of highly type A people (myself included). That would make sense especially with all the police, military, business, and education type individuals who are members here.

"Liberal snowflake" is a term I figured would be safe to use around here--I don't usually think of liberals as being into guns. I'm sure a lot of the things I say people would find to be offensive. You're more than welcome to express your grievances, as I did mine.

Yeah this board has a lot of arguing and bickering, and arguing and bickering about arguing and bickering. The mods need to be more proactive in fostering balanced, respectful discussion. That doesn't mean to start dropping the ban hammer--just let people know that blatantly insulting, provocative posts will merit warnings and consequences. People get away with a lot here, which allows things to escalate and become so negative. This forum is still young, so right now it's like the Wild West. If it continues to grow, hopefully it will become more civilized as funding and mods increase.

I stand by what I said about the above meme. If I were a mod, I would find it inappropriate. But again, I'm not and this isn't my forum, so you folks can do what you want.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 12:40:33 AM »

Dang, Thanks for permission. I will make sure all modified bathroom signs get your approval first!

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length