Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 08:56:56 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  CBM taking the MDR for a 'drive'...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: CBM taking the MDR for a 'drive'...  (Read 5217 times)
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2017, 11:20:47 PM »

. . .  How many gun manufactures are going out on a limb and doing anything innovative?  How many times can a AR be rehashed or a 1911 or polymer pistol.  DT is not a big company they are taking one he'll of a risk, and for that alone I would by the rifle and try to support them.

Well stated.
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2017, 11:31:00 PM »

I have bought and sold many guns.  If the MDR has serious flaws I might sell it also.  I will say it again as I have before DT did not handle this whole release the best, but I give them credit.  How many gun manufactures are going out on a limb and doing anything innovative?  How many times can a AR be rehashed or a 1911 or polymer pistol.  DT is not a big company they are taking one he'll of a risk, and for that alone I would by the rifle and try to support them.

XAR, Evolution Weapon Systems, Sig's MCX, Kel Tec, IWI, and Faxon have all released something in the last couple of years to compete with the AR, or substantially improve it.
Potss
^

« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2017, 11:38:53 PM »

I don't see anything from any of those companies that improve the AR platform.  Other than maybe Faxon's ultra-light pencil barrels, but that is pretty niche. 
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2017, 11:43:55 PM »

There certainly isn't a huge lack in innovation, just most things tend to be too pricey for nominal improvements when compared to current options.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length