Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:17:21 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  CBM taking the MDR for a 'drive'...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print
Author Topic: CBM taking the MDR for a 'drive'...  (Read 7440 times)
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2017, 09:43:32 PM »

Fair Enough Kublah Khan

Agreed...I will STFU, But only if Kurt holds this standard also.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:14:12 PM by silentrunning » Logged
CAP1400

« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2017, 10:07:19 PM »

Who's Ken?
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2017, 10:11:14 PM »

Who's Ken?

kfeltenberger
Kublah

« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2017, 10:13:23 PM »

Ah, f***. Its Kurt, not Ken.

All apologies.
reason

« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2017, 12:53:51 AM »

The above is the Oakland Tactical MDR

Which wasn't a final production gun.

As long as the final production guns don't have this problem, then the MDR is all good to go.

Nick young himself, in this very forum, declared the OT gun to be picked from the final production lot. Enough of this evasion. I really want my preorder too but facts are facts and brushing problems aside and making very transparent excuses are irrational and disgusting to any costumer who values integrity.  Nothing specific to the several rifles videoed can negate a design that requires one to manually lock a charging handle in the forward position. That fact ain't going away!

Lets ditch the religious koolaid mentality. (Im not singling you out but speaking generally)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:55:53 AM by reason » Logged
Siris

« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2017, 04:07:17 AM »

I just keep a list of people who's comments I skip as they seem to be largely worthless. Can figgure out most of who they are from this thread alone.

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
thehun

« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2017, 09:19:01 AM »

Let's see how they are once they are in end-user's hands. They might be tightened up by then.  Although I don't see this as being a big deal. So the CH flops a bit. So what?

So your Car door rattles and it's Brand new

So what......lolol

So it's not perfect. Is this going to be a problem? I'm more concerned about FTEs, FTFs, stovepipes, etc. A floppy CH isn't something I'm going to get all excited about. Most likely, it just looks silly. As long as the rifle fires every shot, even under stress,  that's the important thing.

Frost...it doesn't just flop...the CH moves back laterally about 1-2"...that is not supposed to happen. Hopefully, as stated, the actual production guns have this fixed...but if its a wear issue where say 1,000rds down the pipe it happens and the CH becomes a somewhat of a reciprocating charging handle...then you have a defective design.
50BMG
^

« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2017, 09:28:32 AM »

Silent, you have made your point very clear.. almost to the point where it was becoming obnoxious.  Let's see what DT says and what happens with the MDR's that are slowly making their way to people like me who have had skin in the game for some time.  I am not familiar with the internal workings of the MDR but isn't it entirely possible that this issue is the result of worn springs since they are on rifles with some rounds on them.  IF so, shouldn't it just take a replacement spring with more durability?  If that is the case, until they provide an updated spring treat it as a common wear item and replace it when needed. 
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2017, 11:21:00 AM »

It's is even worse that it failed in DT hands......Making a Video

HOOOOOOOLLLLLYYYYYY CRAAAAAAAAAPPPPP

For years, it's nothing but complaining about how DT isn't transparent enough, they aren't releasing enough information, they aren't telling us anything, they aren't showing us any pictures, they aren't showing us any video, this thing is a unicorn, where is the evidence that it exists, where's the proof it works, bla bla bla bla yadda yadda yadda yadda

Now, it's "CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY MADE A VIDEO SHOWING THE MDR FIRING AND IT WASN'T PERFECT?Huh?Huh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'd bet a lot of money you will never pay a dime to DT for any of their products--wish there was a block or mute button for people like you on this board.
Tubal

« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2017, 11:50:58 AM »

I'd bet a lot of money you will never pay a dime to DT for any of their products--wish there was a block or mute button for people like you on this board.

This x1000.  It's people like him who make internet forums unenjoyable anymore. Particularly this one.  They used to be a places where hobbyists could talk about something they love to do and that they are interested in.  Now it's people like silentrunning trying to prove they are smarter than everyone else.  Over and over and over and over.... If he's like this in real life, and not on the internet, I feel sorry for him and the people he's around.  Being a complete tool around people can't have many positives.
Siris

« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

This x1000.  It's people like him who make internet forums unenjoyable anymore. Particularly this one.  They used to be a places where hobbyists could talk about something they love to do and that they are interested in.  Now it's people like silentrunning trying to prove they are smarter than everyone else.  Over and over and over and over.... If he's like this in real life, and not on the internet, I feel sorry for him and the people he's around.  Being a complete tool around people can't have many positives.

I can generally summarize this forum with a single video  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »

This does appear to be a legitimate problem, so the people who are complaining about the whistleblower silentrunning need to calm down and listen.

This board is vehemently pro-DT, and anyone who questions that company or says anything negative can expect to quickly have his head taken off. This is hardly a balanced place for discussion. That said, I understand that the last thing that folks who have time and thousands of dollars invested in this want is to hear that there may be problems with this product. I'm thankful that a handful of people here are willing to call things as they are, despite knowing that there will be fallout. I do not sympathize at all with DT and find the comments about this board being too negative for them to participate in to be laughable. They created this situation. They should be using it as an opportunity to acknowledge the problem and assure us that there will be a solution.

Now, let's see what happens with the production rifles. What was shown in the video CBM posted should be alarming, but let's give DT a chance to work this out. It's a totally new platform, and will undoubtedly go through revisions and improvements once it's been released. If, however, it fails to perform as a fully functional rifle, exactly as advertised (i.e. non-reciprocating charging handle), DT ethically needs to correct that problem. It would be like a recall, basically. Hopefully they won't overlook this just to get these things out the door. Doing so will only create even more headache for them when hundreds of rifles start showing back up on their doorstep for repair.

I'm very happy to see DT finally shipping finished MDRs--two months ago I would not have believed that would be happening with the seemingly endless "2-moar weak" delays. But the ship is finally starting to turn, so let's be patient and allow them to address the problem.

People who call DT out on these kinds of things should not be shamed or trolled or told they are trolls. These people are doing a good thing by pointing out a legitimate problem, which, when corrected by DT, will mean better MDRs for all who ordered. And for all those saying, "ok, the charging handle doesn't work right, so what?" Give me a break. When you pay $2,500 for a rifle, it had better work as advertised. Who knows what problems down the road could be caused by this. If my X95 charging handle had started to bounce back and forth after a few thousand rounds, I'd have been pissed, and IWI would have known all about it.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Ouborat7

« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2017, 05:00:33 PM »

Can someone give me a summary of the problem with me reading the entire thread?
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2017, 05:12:46 PM »

Watch the video at 25% speed--you'll see that the charging handle does not stay locked forward, but rather bounces back and forth about 1-2".

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Tubal

« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »

This does appear to be a legitimate problem, so the people who are complaining about the whistleblower silentrunning need to calm down and listen.

This board is vehemently pro-DT, and anyone who questions that company or says anything negative can expect to quickly have his head taken off. This is hardly a balanced place for discussion. That said, I understand that the last thing that folks who have time and thousands of dollars invested in this want is to hear that there may be problems with this product. I'm thankful that a handful of people here are willing to call things as they are, despite knowing that there will be fallout. I do not sympathize at all with DT and find the comments about this board being too negative for them to participate in to be laughable. They created this situation. They should be using it as an opportunity to acknowledge the problem and assure us that there will be a solution.

Now, let's see what happens with the production rifles. What was shown in the video CBM posted should be alarming, but let's give DT a chance to work this out. It's a totally new platform, and will undoubtedly go through revisions and improvements once it's been released. If, however, it fails to perform as a fully functional rifle, exactly as advertised (i.e. non-reciprocating charging handle), DT ethically needs to correct that problem. It would be like a recall, basically. Hopefully they won't overlook this just to get these things out the door. Doing so will only create even more headache for them when hundreds of rifles start showing back up on their doorstep for repair.

I'm very happy to see DT finally shipping finished MDRs--two months ago I would not have believed that would be happening with the seemingly endless "2-moar weak" delays. But the ship is finally starting to turn, so let's be patient and allow them to address the problem.

People who call DT out on these kinds of things should not be shamed or trolled or told they are trolls. These people are doing a good thing by pointing out a legitimate problem, which, when corrected by DT, will mean better MDRs for all who ordered. And for all those saying, "ok, the charging handle doesn't work right, so what?" Give me a break. When you pay $2,500 for a rifle, it had better work as advertised. Who knows what problems down the road could be caused by this. If my X95 charging handle had started to bounce back and forth after a few thousand rounds, I'd have been pissed, and IWI would have known all about it.

There's a difference between calling out and posting in every single MDR thread 20 times about what a crap company DT is...

You can have a discussion about issues with the MDR without saying things like "I sure hope you get to keep your job after you posted that video" and "I can't believe that video is still up".  As of this post, silentrunning has posted 53 times in this thread alone.
Ouborat7

« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2017, 05:47:29 PM »

Watch the video at 25% speed--you'll see that the charging handle does not stay locked forward, but rather bounces back and forth about 1-2".

Thanks! That's what I thought it was but didn't want to read this entire thread to find out.
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh-JoW_8qw0

silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »

Dt Fans want to fight here.

Well they got it. The only way to get the truth out is to fight for it.

So if you think what I posted yesterday is BS...That is your right.

But the truth should not be disregarded, changed, or manipulated.

Feel lucky to have someone that will stand and fight. Your not going to see it much in today's society..
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

And if you do not like the way I Made the facts stand out.....Tough crap. You get in here and fight it out with these DT Fanboys and see how you do.....
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2017, 06:24:07 PM »

This thread is over and no need to post anymore on it......
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length