Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2018, 04:26:15 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Preferred mount height
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Preferred mount height  (Read 2221 times)
Clarke-Sensei

« on: August 10, 2017, 06:00:49 AM »

I'm in the process of getting a focused list on items I'd like to get for an RDB when I finally get the funds for one. I was wondering what mount heights you guys have found to be good for the RDB? My astigmatism pushes me away from red dots, and a prism scope seems to be optimal from first hand experience. I just wanted to see if you guys have any insight on mount heights, or any tidbits or suggestions that might be useful
Ronmar

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:33:20 AM »

What I found with the RFB was that KT kept a spacing that put the rail in a similar position to what you get with a flat topped AR.  That means the standard AR sight height of 1.47" from rail top to optic centerline work great(LOTS of sight options).  I am guessing that they kept this same relationship with the RDB unless they are complete morons(or planned on their own line of proprietary sights at their custom height:))... 
Pokem807

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »

I also have astigmatism, and use prism scopes instead of red dots. I wanted to mount a Spitfire AR, but found that it sat just a little too high for a good cheek weld.  I ended up going with an Aero Precision ultralight mount and Primary Arms 1-6 w/ KISS reticle.

This combo works well for me, but I would prefer the scope to be a little lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:35:22 PM »

I also have astigmatism, and use prism scopes instead of red dots. I wanted to mount a Spitfire AR, but found that it sat just a little too high for a good cheek weld.  I ended up going with an Aero Precision ultralight mount and Primary Arms 1-6 w/ KISS reticle.

This combo works well for me, but I would prefer the scope to be a little lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was looking at the Spitfire as well, but not the AR model since the mount on the standard model has a removable spacer. Guess when it comes to prisms, I just mainly should find out what reticle I like and what magnification to go with.
Spike Bull

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 04:53:08 PM »

I put a Primary Arms 3X ACSS prism scope on my RFB and it is very clear, precise, bright, and works real well. However, it is a one pound piece!

If I had it to do over again I would put the Primary Arms 1-6X scope with the ACSS reticle instead. At least that way you have the ability to crank it down to 1X or up to 6X depending on your needs.
Spike Bull

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »

I have now replaced the PA 3X ACSS with a PA 1x6x24 ACSS and I am happy I did! I really liked the PA
3X prism but am happier with the ability to dial in more power!
I did have to add a half inch in height to make it comfortable.
tommytwoguns

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 12:09:11 AM »

SNIP

My astigmatism pushes me away from red dots, and a prism scope seems to be optimal from first hand experience. I just wanted to see if you guys have any insight on mount heights, or any tidbits or suggestions that might be useful

I run an Eotech on my FN P90 in front of a 4X I can flip out of the way for close work.  There is a real difference to my eyes (I an a 70+ old guy who wears glasses and has really bad eyes) between the Eotech, which is a holographic site that projects a holographic image on the target, and a red dot that projects a red dot on a lens inside the site.  The Eotech also has a huge advantage in parallax distortion.  I also run scopes on my precision rifles but for distances up to 75-100 yards I really like the fast accusation of the Eotech.  Here is an article that I found very informative.

https://www.greeneyetactical.com/2017/07/27/comparative-study-of-red-dot-sight-parallax/

Spike Bull

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 03:08:13 PM »

So I have mounted the 1x6 PA scope with a PA deluxe mount on top of a 1/2" True Glow Block to get the height. Pretty klugy, I know, but I cannot seem to get it all stable. I keep taking apart and finding another screw that is loosened up. I am going to take it completely apart, including the rail off the rifle towers, and degreese it, reassemble it all with blue locktite as a last ditch effort.

I know that the rifle and the shooter have performed much better with the old sighting system and I am ierritated with this so far!

Any suggestions?
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 05:01:35 PM »

I put a standard TA31 ACOG on mine. It works perfect.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length