Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2017, 01:49:20 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Cleaning Products for a "Go To" Gun in storage?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Cleaning Products for a "Go To" Gun in storage?  (Read 1107 times)
whiskey91lima

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »

My P320 full size 9mm (with grayguns flat trigger) was having light primer strikes with approximately 1/200 rnds. I credited it to gummy/dirty striker assembly. It was mildly and I mean mildly gummed up. I haven't had issues since cleaning it thoroughly.

I have drop tested mine. In 5 tests at 4 feet, drop safe. At 10 feet, striker drops every time. I tested with nothing in the chamber. You can tell by the trigger pull if the striker dropped.
timetraveler

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 01:06:21 PM »

Vawinds4--I use the Mil-Comm products for preservation and lubrication of my firearms.  The National Rifle Association National Firearms Museum curators use Mil-Comm MC3000 to preserve their extensive and valuable firearm collection.  The NRA endorses and markets the Mil-Comm products as the NRA Guncare System.  I would search e-bay for the best prices on the Mil-Comm products.

MC 3000® Semi Fluid Lubricant/Protectant
Mil-Comm formulated this extraordinary lubricant especially for use by the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy 20mm gun systems aboard F-15, F-16 and FA-18 Fighter Jets. Effective for all types of weapons, but specially engineered for Gatling and machine guns operating in all climates and conditions. All-synthetic.

https://www.nraguncare.com/main/tech-info 
https://www.mil-comm.com/
vawinds4

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 04:29:30 PM »

Much appreciated timetraveler- will check out your links!
MyMonyPit

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 07:18:07 PM »

While I wouldn't say we got off topic necessarily, I would be interested in what everyone is using to "clean" their guns. I'm still old school I guess with Hoppe's.
phantoms

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2017, 12:55:33 PM »

From "Lubrication 101"

Motor oils: Generally good boundary lubrication (particularly the Havoline formulations), but very poor corrosion resistance and poor resistance to open-air oxidation. The biggest problem is that their pour-point additives often contain benzene compounds, which aren’t a good thing to have next to your skin on a regular basis! I recommend staying away from motor oils; if you must use something from the auto parts store, ATF performs better for firearms use on every count, even if it is a tad more expensive. (ATF is still 1/10 to 1/100th the cost of a specialty “gun oil.”)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length