Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 24, 2018, 09:44:40 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Anyone using Glock sights on their HTA?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone using Glock sights on their HTA?  (Read 3073 times)
Armored Rah

« on: August 07, 2017, 11:37:53 PM »

I've had my HTA 90/22 for years and I still love it. A while back, I saw that the new models had a rail that would accept Glock sights, so I got in touch with Andy and ordered a new rail. This isn't to be confused with the adapters for Glock sights. Anyway, I installed the new rail today and put a set of factory Glock sights on it. Standard height front and rear (6.5mm). When I tried it out, I was shooting quite a bit high at 25 yards. Just guessing, I'd say between 4 and 6 inches. I know Glock makes a lower rear sight (6.1mm). When installed on a Glock, this means you get about 2.7 inches difference at 25 yards. I don't know how that would translate to the HTA. So, my question, to anyone using Glock sights, is what height rear sight are you using? There's nothing lower than 6.1 for the rear sight, but I guess, if I was willing to spend money on a nice aftermarket set, I could get a taller front sight. I'd just like a general idea of what comes close to being right. I'm not expecting perfection from pistol sights on a bullpup. I have my Aimpoint for that. I'd just like to be able to do some occasional plinking without having a ton of weight on my gun.

Based on the age of the last posts on this forum, I'm not expecting an answer. I guess I'm just hoping someone might happen by and reply.

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 01:35:30 PM »

i wish there was more discussion about this, too.

just got my hta kit with the integrated glock slots in the rail, and have been wondering what kind of back up sights (maybe even using them as primary) to install.  i like the idea of glock fiber or nite sights (was looking at the inexpensive hi viz litwave models) because they are so small but i don't like that they aren't adjustable.  i also didn't want to go through the experimentation of figuring out which heights to purchase.  the rail is so short that there aren't many options for non-battery sights.

i'm also considering some AR style backup sights like:

but i know that this may be a fool's errand with that short rail, even the large aperture may make target acquisition difficult/impossible.

have you found any adjustable glock sights that'd work?

some europium paint on iron sights might be as effective as fiber/nites, provided you can charge the paint quickly.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length