Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2018, 05:42:31 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Can you run 45 degree offset sights on an AUG?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Can you run 45 degree offset sights on an AUG?  (Read 2305 times)
maitake

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 12:38:34 PM »

I think I misunderstood your previous post. I think now you meant the red dot sits in identical height, not the whole thing? The Vortex in that picture looks significantly more compact than the Aimpoint is.
Jack Flag

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 05:11:54 PM »

I think I misunderstood your previous post. I think now you meant the red dot sits in identical height, not the whole thing? The Vortex in that picture looks significantly more compact than the Aimpoint is.

yes, pretty much
RickyRifle

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »

Has anyone tried an ACOG with lens cover, i.e. as an occluded gunsight, for close range work?

Or an offset RMR mounted on the AUG side rail but with a Manticore Brass Buster, Suarez AUG Case Deflector, or the Corvius Defensio Case Deflector? 

I apologize if someone has mentioned these earlier. Iím loosely following the thread but havenít read every post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LazyEngineer

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 09:26:14 PM »

Isn't someone making a low profile shell deflector now (Corvo-something?)  Any updates on that. 

So far, my laser-project hasn't really been as successful as I was hoping.  I went with a cheap/light green laser, and it just doesn't have the visibility I was wanting for up to 50 yard shooting in daylight.  I might investigate a brighter more-serious laser.  But before I do that, I'd like to revisit the -offset holosight.  The only reason not to, was brass-in-your-face.  If there's a good shell defector now (that's low profile), that might be back on the table.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 12:05:48 AM »

Isn't someone making a low profile shell deflector now (Corvo-something?)  Any updates on that. 

So far, my laser-project hasn't really been as successful as I was hoping.  I went with a cheap/light green laser, and it just doesn't have the visibility I was wanting for up to 50 yard shooting in daylight.  I might investigate a brighter more-serious laser.  But before I do that, I'd like to revisit the -offset holosight.  The only reason not to, was brass-in-your-face.  If there's a good shell defector now (that's low profile), that might be back on the table.

Corvus Defensio's shell deflector is available, has been for a while. You have to buy it directly from them, and have it shipped over from Austria.

https://corvusdefensio.com/en/shop/corvus-defensio-case-deflector/

LazyEngineer

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »

Corvus Defensio's shell deflector is available, has been for a while. You have to buy it directly from them, and have it shipped over from Austria.

https://corvusdefensio.com/en/shop/corvus-defensio-case-deflector/

Thanks, those are the guys!  It looks like I have a little more research to do...
DownhillNat

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »

I use these $25 (airsoft) flip up pistol sights on my top rail. 3rd pic is the real deal MP7 sights but who wants to pay $300 for iron sights?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length