Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2018, 07:38:53 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  FNH
| | |-+  P90 / PS90 P90 icon
| | | |-+  Man Kave mag. rollers v.s. FN rollers??
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Man Kave mag. rollers v.s. FN rollers??  (Read 7844 times)
300winmag

« on: August 03, 2017, 05:50:30 PM »

For those of you who have converted to the Man Kave magazine rollers I have two questions:

1. If these rollers are better than the FN rollers why are they better?

2. What is the procedure for replacing the FN rollers with MK rollers?

I have 6 mags to convert if MK rollers are truly better and make mag loading easier.

Thanks in advance.

Eric B.

* NEVER MIND... I saw the YouTube videos on the rollers. All questions are answered. But see below.

My Current PS90 Upgrades:
->L. side hook and R. side extended charging handles
->TROS low mount
->Vortex SPARC II red dot sight
->MagPul 2-to-1-point sling
->Pic rails on both sides of receiver
->SureFire 400 lumen light on R. side Pic rail

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 10:45:40 PM by 300winmag » Logged
300winmag

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »

UPDATE:

So I saw the YouTube videos on installing and using the Man Cave mag rollers and that answered all my questions. I ordered them from Bullpup Armory.

I also ordered:
1. Magpul QD flush cup "ParaClip Adaptor" to fit a metal "sling ring" on the Flush Cup hole in my Magpul Pic rail.
2. Man Kave Short Pull hammer (for a better trigger pull and faster reset)
3. "Bullpup Armory" patch for my "European Man-Purse" ;o)

Very soon I'll be filing the NFA paper work for my SBR.  This damn firearm is getting as expensive as my modded Ruger Precision Rifle.
300winmag

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 01:48:05 AM »

To continue my solo thread... Yesterday I installed the Man Cave rollers. Easy enough to do and they do help a bit when loading the first few rounds B/C they are smooth.

I also added two Magpul Paraclip adaptors for flush cup attachments. One flush cup is machined into my left side Pic rail and I installed the other on the bolt nearest butt heel with a cup adaptor. (That eliminated the funky looking nylon band Velcro around the butt stock.

Tomorrow I'll install the new aluminum hammer and hope for a lighter trigger and faster reset.

Eric B.
QB Too

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 09:15:16 AM »

Great info, thanks for the update on all your modifications.  I have been going back and forth on buying the Man Kave mag rollers because I have a boatload of 50 round mags and it will be rather expensive.  I didn't have a problem loading my mags but this weekend is the first time I'll shoot my PS90 so once I see how the mags work (and how it goes with reloading them) I'll decide if I need to order the mag rollers.

I'm not going the SBR route, I just shoot at an indoor range and like the PS90 as is.  With that said, if the NFA rules ever changed concerning SBR then I'd probably SBR one of my PS90s and use a suppressor on it.  But again, that gets expensive also.  For my use and situation, the SBR route just isn't in my future. 

Sounds like you have a great set up and I look forward to hearing about your SBR once you get it  Grin
300winmag

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 03:20:11 PM »

QB2,

I really appreciate the extended bolt charging handles. Makes it much faster and easier with that "leverage".

** Probably my best mod is the TROS Low Mount rail for my Vortwx SPARC II red dot sight B/C it puts the sight exactly in line with my eye and there's no need for a cheekpiece.

The new mag rollers were to insure good functioning. I doubt that the FN rollers were Delrin so it might be possible to break one when loading the first round. Delrin is extremely strong.

My Magpul sling has hooks so I installed the Magpul steel hook loops as described above and it's very functional and durable. Looks factory compared to the previous nylon webbing & Velcro sling attachment point.

Today I'll install the new aluminum hammer and hope it works better than the FN hammer even though tests with the factory AR 16 aluminum hammers show they fail long before my AUG's polymer hammer. Likely I will never put more than 2,000 rounds down my barrel. I'm at 450 rounds right now.

I'm torn between keeping my OEM barrel and getting a short barrel. I don't want to lose much velocity and whacking 6" off the barrel will certainly do that. But having an SBR is SO baddddassery.

Tomorrow I'll probably go to a nearby commercial indoor range and blast away at 15 yards B/C it will be 108* F. here in the 'Vegas valley. Last week I sighted my PS90 in to be 2" high at 50 yards and on center at 100 yards at my club's outdoor range so I know it will be about 8" low at 15 yards.

BTW, you may already know about this but there is an animated "X-ray vision" Youtube video on the P90/PS90 firing. Very good for understanding how all moving parts work with each other.

Eric B.

ParanoidMedic

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:39:41 PM »

I know that the factory rollers aren't as smooth as Man Cave rollers,but to be honest, I have yet to have a problem with the FN rollers. I think it's unnecessary, just another way of separating you and your money.
QB Too

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 09:05:03 AM »

QB2,

I really appreciate the extended bolt charging handles. Makes it much faster and easier with that "leverage".

** Probably my best mod is the TROS Low Mount rail for my Vortwx SPARC II red dot sight B/C it puts the sight exactly in line with my eye and there's no need for a cheekpiece.

The new mag rollers were to insure good functioning. I doubt that the FN rollers were Delrin so it might be possible to break one when loading the first round. Delrin is extremely strong.

My Magpul sling has hooks so I installed the Magpul steel hook loops as described above and it's very functional and durable. Looks factory compared to the previous nylon webbing & Velcro sling attachment point.

Today I'll install the new aluminum hammer and hope it works better than the FN hammer even though tests with the factory AR 16 aluminum hammers show they fail long before my AUG's polymer hammer. Likely I will never put more than 2,000 rounds down my barrel. I'm at 450 rounds right now.

I'm torn between keeping my OEM barrel and getting a short barrel. I don't want to lose much velocity and whacking 6" off the barrel will certainly do that. But having an SBR is SO baddddassery.

Tomorrow I'll probably go to a nearby commercial indoor range and blast away at 15 yards B/C it will be 108* F. here in the 'Vegas valley. Last week I sighted my PS90 in to be 2" high at 50 yards and on center at 100 yards at my club's outdoor range so I know it will be about 8" low at 15 yards.

BTW, you may already know about this but there is an animated "X-ray vision" Youtube video on the P90/PS90 firing. Very good for understanding how all moving parts work with each other.

Eric B.

I am thinking about the extended charging handles and will probably go that route also.

I initially went with the C-more rail (like the one that used to come with the PS90s) and a Vortex Razor red dot but have since purchased Black Illuminated Ring Sights that I really like.  I kept my  C-more rail/Vortex Razor set ups because they are nice also (and extremely low) and the minute I sell optics it seems I always want them back. 

I installed rails on one side of my PS90 that have QD mounts and that worked out great (and I have rails for the other side of the PS90s but haven't installed them yet).  I use my slings on several rifles and they all had QD mounts so I didn't want to change the front mount to some other type. I do have the little nylon sling adapter/ring on the back of my PS90  (NOT the ERT but a little one piece hook attachment) and it's not too obtrusive although I'd like a QD mount instead.  Do you have a picture of your Magpul hook installed on your rifle?Huh?

What's the issue with the FN hammer (you said you hope the aluminum will work better)?

SBR - yep, that would be great but I'm not going that route at this time.  I only shoot at an indoor 25' range so the investment isn't worth it for me I suppose although I do have a Dead Air Mask suppressor that would work on it. 

I'll go take a look at the animated X-Ray Vision youtube video, thanks.

I was scheduled to go to a new range yesterday but didn't make it as usual so hopefully next weekend!!!

300winmag

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 10:02:46 PM »

QB Too,

The aluminum hammer has a lighter pull and due to the sear notch being in a different location it resets faster when released. I could add lighter springs for less trigger pull weight but that may make it too light for a CQB weapon that will get banged about a bit in training at the Front Sight school.

As for my sling attachnemt setup, WELLLLL...  Using a Magpul sling with Paraclip locking hooks, the sling itself is fine, I use one on my AUG too. But I may remove the Magpul Paraclip adaptor loops that fit into flush cup mounts. I have a flush cup sling mount that comes on the front end of my Magpul left side rail. So I added a "flush" cup stud on the top rear (by the butt pad heel) stock bolt. Along with the Paraclip fluch cup adaptor loop there's just too much hardware sticking out to occasionally rub against my cheek. So I'll likely buy another Magpul Modular Sling and put new flush cup mounts on it and remove the Paraclip adaptors. The Magpul sling with Paraclip hooks can go on my Benelli M1 shotgun for still more "badassery".

Eric B.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:10:52 PM by 300winmag » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length