Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 10:05:10 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  Desert Tactical Arms SRS, SRS Covert, HTI
| | |-+  Looking for conversion kits
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for conversion kits  (Read 566 times)
Ascinder
^

« on: August 03, 2017, 05:25:29 PM »

Anyone have a line on good priced, lightly used conversions in the 300 Win or 338 Lapua flavors? I currently have .308, but with the MDR release, I am not really feeling the need for 2. Also, who has swapped  barrel extensions before or knows about it? Looks like Patriot Valley Arms sells a tool to torque them. Is that all that's is involved?
readr1
^

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 09:55:24 AM »

Cheapest option would probably be to just rechamber that 308 to 300. Then pick up a bolt-head
 and mag.
Ascinder
^

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »

That's actually not a bad idea. My SRS is a Gen 1 though, so I would need a complete new bolt as well. Also, a new mag. Any idea what the cost would be to rechamber it? Is this something better done by DT or are there shops out there qualified to do this and actually maintain the inherent accuracy?

I was kind of figuring I would just look for a slightly used conversion and, once it arrived, swap my Gen 1 extension with the Gen 2, then resell my .308 conversion as a complete set. It only has 10 rounds down the barrel, so it's almost brand new.

I am in the BP forum group buy for the MDR in .308 and the accuracy seems to be pretty decent from what little we have heard. I also have an FN FAL in .308 and I would just like to try out some heavier, longer range stuff in the highly accurate bolt gun and leave the .308 for the battle rifles.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 04:01:18 PM by Ascinder » Logged
readr1
^

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I would talk to Primal Rights about the bolt and magazine, and any competent smith can rechamber it for you.
Alternatively, you could post a WTT ad in various forums.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length