Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2017, 10:14:28 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  WTB/WTT: Tavor SAR Left Hand Bolt
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTB/WTT: Tavor SAR Left Hand Bolt  (Read 414 times)
fatty

« on: July 29, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »

Like the title says I'm looking for a left hand bolt.

I'd gladly trade my right hand bolt if anyone is looking.

Thanks
Rastoff

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 05:52:52 PM »

I'm just curious, but why no buy one from IWI? They'll do the complete conversion for $139 and they give you the right hand bolt back. This way you can swap it right to left easily or you can sell your right hand bolt.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
fatty

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:53:25 PM »

I hate the hassle of shipping guns..  bad experience in the past

Just seeing if anyones got one theyd like to sell since the conversion is so quick and easy
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »

But u need to get it head spaced through iwi

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

fatty

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »

has anyone had issues with headspacing when the bolts were for sale thru IWI when first introduced?

I know IWI has a warning, but I can't see how headspacing is even adjusted by certified armorers.

paulky_2000

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 09:55:40 PM »

I'm just curious, but why no buy one from IWI? They'll do the complete conversion for $139 and they give you the right hand bolt back. This way you can swap it right to left easily or you can sell your right hand bolt.

Because  you are on the chain for the shipping to them....and,  most likely, BACK to a card-holding dealer.....on your own dime..... NO THANKS.....

That's complete bullcrap..... They WANT you to believe you do.....but you don't. Show me ONE INSTANCE where headspace on an X95 was an issue....and I will retract my statement.....till then? I call shenanigans. (BS!)

has anyone had issues with headspacing when the bolts were for sale thru IWI when first introduced?

I know IWI has a warning, but I can't see how headspacing is even adjusted by certified armorers.

See above......

The whole thing is a liability issue at least.....and a scam at most.
fatty

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 10:31:23 PM »

I agree.  Probably due to the numerous steps involved to swap and convert.

So....  anyone have a LH bolt for sale???
joelad

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 07:55:30 PM »

I'd read the legal department stepped in and told them to stop selling the bolts for liability reasons. Of course there's also a financial gain for IWI if you have to pay them for the price of the bolt, and to have it properly headspaced.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 08:14:01 PM »

Because  you are on the chain for the shipping to them....and,  most likely, BACK to a card-holding dealer.....on your own dime..... NO THANKS.....

That's complete bullcrap..... They WANT you to believe you do.....but you don't. Show me ONE INSTANCE where headspace on an X95 was an issue....and I will retract my statement.....till then? I call shenanigans. (BS!)

See above......

The whole thing is a liability issue at least.....and a scam at most.

+1
fatty

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 12:16:13 AM »

Damn i got excited thinking someone had a lefty bolt for sale haha.  Guess ill just get it done at an authorized shop

Why IWI why?! 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rastoff

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 11:15:38 PM »

Yes, you would have to pay shipping to them, but return shipping is included in the price. And, when sending a firearm in for repair, the gun can be shipped straight back to your home. No FFL required.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
fatty

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 01:50:20 PM »

Please close.  I sourced a bolt
paulky_2000

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2017, 02:33:21 PM »

Please close.  I sourced a bolt

...and I'll bet money that you'll convert the rifle and there will be zero head space issues.

Any takers?

Cheesy
fatty

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 10:33:36 PM »

pretty much  Grin

I dont have headspace gauges, but I don't really have any concerns.  Full conversion was done without a hitch this morning.

Swapped bolts with someone for a whopping $7 (usps priority) and couldn't be happier right now.  Now it's finally setup the way I wanted it
paulky_2000

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 06:37:36 AM »

pretty much  Grin

I dont have headspace gauges, but I don't really have any concerns.  Full conversion was done without a hitch this morning.

Swapped bolts with someone for a whopping $7 (usps priority) and couldn't be happier right now.  Now it's finally setup the way I wanted it

That's good to hear!

Enjoy your new rifle, my fellow Southpaw!
fatty

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 11:03:54 AM »

Thabks brother will do  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length