Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 12:33:27 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  What kind of optic do you run on your Tavor?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: What kind of optic do you run on your Tavor?
Red dot   -50 (58.8%)
Magnified   -25 (29.4%)
Irons   -10 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: What kind of optic do you run on your Tavor?  (Read 3595 times)
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 10:56:48 PM »

Anyone running a Vortex Strike Eagle, or Primary Arms 1-6x?

I run a strike eagle on an AR, it's decent.  Works well, not very clear glass in my opinion.
For the tavor I would personally use something nicer, for 200$ more you can get a Trijicon accupower or a used acog.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 06:54:23 AM »

I was running a TA11 acog for awhile but it was to large on a bullpup platform for my tastes. I use an MRO and sometimes a thermal unit.
tavor hollow

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 08:44:45 AM »

Tuesday is rabbit,rabbit,rabbit! If you listen to Bob& Tom.once again the optics question ...if I was just a city boy who sat in an apartment and had to sneak my gun outside to my car, and thought there would never be a shooter on a bridge on a hiway. Or if I was only going to have a shooter 10 feet away because I was a cop who kicked in my next victims door oops wrong address ( failed mission plan) or its not a emp induced SHTF event. I would try a aimpoint or trijicon mro. But my imaginary world is much bigger and my lack of skills makes me rely and trust my equipment so vortex viper PSt 1-4, trijicon rs27 1-8, or fiber optic tr24 1-4. If I get a 308 tavor the 1-8 will have a new home. Many people say they can hit with their red dot 400+ yards.I guess if your on a range with an easy color to see target. At 300 a grey with light black faded lines and you'll be searching the brush for it. I've also seen people shoot a keltec sub 2000 in 9 mm over 400 yards.so maybe I should get rid of the tavor because I saw that? That's optimum! Anyways many things are out of our control old guys with bad eyes.good gear make good crutches. Ive said enough ...have a good day.
fatty

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 12:50:53 PM »

Acog TA33.  Works great
DILLIGAF

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 04:42:11 PM »

JRKrejsa

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 05:46:29 AM »

Aimpoint M2.  Old, but very reliable.  I can keep everything on a paper plate with it at 200 yards.

No issues with many bumps and other abuse .
BigDave76

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 08:50:46 AM »

I use a SPARC AR. The lower 1/3 mounting height = absolute co-witness for the X95.

Edit: Just came back too see this thing is way oversized. Sorry if I messed up the thread. I'll repost it later with the right size.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:10:27 PM by BigDave76 » Logged
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 04:29:36 PM »

You guys really need to resize your pics before posting on this site.  Everyone posts giant pictures that ruin the format of the forum.

Here use this site, shrink your pictures them replace the images.
https://postimages.org/

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »

You guys really need to resize your pics before posting on this site.  Everyone posts giant pictures that ruin the format of the forum.

1+++++

Such a PIA distraction. Delete and resize or no one will look at the thread anymore.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 06:36:18 PM »

1+++++

Such a PIA distraction. Delete and resize or no one will look at the thread anymore.

Lol yup, it's really annoying.  It doesn't matter if I am using my phone or computer, those giant images make the thread look like s***.

This site needs a moderator who's sole purpose is to fix all the gigantic images, or at least delete them and tell the poster to resize their image.

-Thomas Jefferson
tavor hollow

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »

Rabbit....sage dynamics does a drop test on a trijicon accupower 1-4 well you may have seen it pull up on you tube I still like the fiber optic tr24 1-4 they make a tr25 I think... it is fiber optic 1-6 . I picked up my 1-4 about 4 years ago never list zero .for just over $700. That's pretty cheap really. I use a small led light so I controll my dark condition reticle.  I saw an aftermarket light used on mepro i was trying to run down .Part of the drop test was 14'. I like acogs but to me they're limiting. More about status like a Harley.I like Yamaha's bred to race.
Rastoff

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 02:14:04 AM »

I had a Vortex Viper PST and liked it very much. Still, the ACOG is much more durable and half the weight and size. I came to the realization that I never changed the magnification on the Vortex anyway so...ACOG it is.

Before you ask, yes, they're expensive. I saved for a few months, sold some stuff and bought used. It's worth the wait.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 05:50:18 AM »

I had a Vortex Viper PST and liked it very much. Still, the ACOG is much more durable and half the weight and size. I came to the realization that I never changed the magnification on the Vortex anyway so...ACOG it is.

Before you ask, yes, they're expensive. I saved for a few months, sold some stuff and bought used. It's worth the wait.

I find that with my variable power scopes I often change magnification.  I really love being able to go from 1x to 4x.
Rapid fire on 1x feels like a red dot, and with 4x you can really reach out and touch things on the first shot, where as with a red dot I would usually have to "walk my shots in".

An acog would be nice because you always know what to expect when you look through the glass, and occasionally with my variables I look through expecting 1x only to realize it's on 4x, and for a brief second I am slightly disoriented, which is 100% user error  Grin

-Thomas Jefferson
cciman

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 05:28:19 PM »

Tried the aimpoint pro, so far so good with reliable hits out to 300 yrds.

Downside is that it is bulky and heavy.  Will be trialing the Holosun (Eotech type reticle) soon-- much lighter and less bulkier.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2017, 05:37:48 PM »

Tried the aimpoint pro, so far so good with reliable hits out to 300 yrds.

Downside is that it is bulky and heavy.  Will be trialing the Holosun (Eotech type reticle) soon-- much lighter and less bulkier.

You could always get an Aimpoint micro if you want something smaller.

Holosun and Primary arms optics will never be as reliable, robust, or as tough as the Aimpoints.  Aimpoints are one of the most robust optics on the market.

If you like the Holosun right on, but it is a downgrade from aimpoint.

-Thomas Jefferson
Shooter58

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2017, 06:34:05 PM »

Aim point micro lives on the X95. I recently put a Holosun on an AR 15
pistol. Got to admit that I am impressed with the Holosun. Would never give up the micro but the Holosun would be a great choice on a budget.

* IMG_5959.JPG (1334.75 KB, 4032x1642 - viewed 54 times.)

* IMG_5959.JPG (1334.75 KB, 4032x1642 - viewed 45 times.)
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »

pistol. Got to admit that I am impressed with the Holosun. Would never give up the micro but the Holosun would be a great choice on a budget.

Sweet AR pistol you got there.
I've had great luck with PSA and Aero.

-Thomas Jefferson
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2017, 09:29:04 PM »

Scope Burris 1x4
Irons Warner Rear .....IWI front post

* IMG_0659 copy.jpg (1118.84 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 40 times.)
Rastoff

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 11:03:59 PM »

An acog would be nice because you always know what to expect when you look through the glass, and occasionally with my variables I look through expecting 1x only to realize it's on 4x, and for a brief second I am slightly disoriented, which is 100% user error  Grin
I never made that error, but I totally see how it could happen. I never thought about this before. I will keep this little tid bit in my back pocket for discussions about variable power scopes on CQB type rifles.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Shooter58

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2017, 07:03:12 AM »

Sweet AR pistol you got there.
I've had great luck with PSA and Aero.

Thanks. Has run flawless since I put it together.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length