Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2018, 04:29:14 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RDB large bore
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: RDB large bore  (Read 5655 times)
Berkley

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 11:58:04 PM »

Well if itís your opinion then thatís different, have at it.  And thanks for your service. 
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 02:00:26 AM »

First of all ; I'm not a " dude " . Second ; no one ever said that the RFB , or for that matter , ANY firearm is perfect . But it works for the vast majority of it's owners . Third ; K-T will sell every one of them that they build and put into the distribution system ; ASSURED . And lastly ; before the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America there is the 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the  United States of America ; Freedom of Speech . Reading is a skill ( obviously lacking in you ) . You need to read what I have said up here . You have a right to your opinion , but I also have a right to my opinion , and the right to express it . If you don't like it ; that's your problem , not mine . I am not "preaching " to anyone up here , only stating facts , and I am not on my " High Horse " up here , although I know how to ride them .
You've come off as confrontational from the get go, and continue to do so now.

You are entitled to your opinion, never said anything to the contrary, but the RFB isn't the most consistently reliable firearm out there, and being confrontational while making claims doesn't do anything for your argument.

The sheer fact you put emphasis on "SAYS" in your previous shows us that you don't put stock in people's personal experience with the gun, which is asinine since you rely on the fact yours works.

It is an awesome design, but this whole thing is about how we (the consumers) are better off with an RDB beefed up for .308. Defending the RFB isn't what we are here for. It's had it's time, we want to look for a viable improvement.  

Yes ; I agree : I am confrontational , that's the whole point of this argument . Show me a better ambi- bullpup in .308 Win. that is out there in numbers right now , available for sale to the buying public right now . Not the Tavor in .308 ; not on the market yet . Not the D-T MDR ; only a hand full of prototype rifles in the hands of a few people , with just ALL KINDS OF EXPRESSED PROBLEMS being reported upon in their threads ! And as for a .308 Win RDB ; don't hold your breath ! I remember the time when K-T said that the RFB would be produced in four ( 4 ) different barrel lengths and several different calibers . DIDN't HAPPEN . I am not trying to bad mouth the RDB . I have fired one on a standard out door rifle range , and I liked it . But it is in a caliber that now even the US Military would like to leave behind . It would have to be almost completely redesigned and beefed up to utilize the .308 Win. round . K-T is not going to do that . If / when K-T decides to replace the RFB , it will be with a new design that would supersede both the RFB and RDB . No ; I am not buying your argument up here . I respect your position ; I respect your right to say it ; but I am not buying any of it . And I am not angry at / with you . I had 26 years of active duty  ( 2 years Enlisted and 24 years Commissioned Active Duty Service ) In the Army of the United States , Served in three US Military Conflicts , and Completely believe in and support the US Constitution ; would fight and die for it if necessary . I want for each and every one of us to have the right to express their opinion  , freely up here . Over the course of my life I have been in countries and places where that can't happen , and a statement like I have just made , could / would get you killed . We ( most of us ) don't really know how lucky we really have it here . I do . I hope that you get your wish for your .308 Win. RDB , but I think that you are flying on the " good luck " plan there ! Good Luck !  And , again , YES ; I am defending the RFB up here . Period .

First off, thank you for your service.

We aren't discussing what's the best ambi .308 bullpup available right now.

We are looking to what Kel-Tec should move on to, because Kel-tec already plans to drop the RFB when they figure out the .308 RDB. Not only will it be a simpler design for them to work with, it'll be cheaper for them to produce compared to the RFB.

I do have to ask, what design would supersede the RDB? I'd like to know what you think they'd do.

We all know and embrace the fact that Kel-tec remains one of the few companies still developing new designs, and I hope they don't stop with the RFB. It isn't the end-all to .308 bullpups, and a .308 RDB is the most logical step forward.

I am plenty patient, so waiting for whatever Kel-tec comes up with next isn't a chore. There are plenty of firearms to fawn over in the meantime.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:06:42 AM by Clarke-Sensei » Logged
Daring 6

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »

Well if itís your opinion then thatís different, have at it.  And thanks for your service. 

Thank you Berkley ; I thank every veteran and every person who has ever stood in the breach for all of us , all the way back to the Minute Men , for their service to this / Our Country , and who have bought all of us this precious time to be , say , and think what we want , and for our freedom and democracy and to be lucky enough to live in this country . I thank all of them each and every day and ask God to bless all of their souls each and every day , both the living and the dead .
Daring 6

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »

First of all ; I'm not a " dude " . Second ; no one ever said that the RFB , or for that matter , ANY firearm is perfect . But it works for the vast majority of it's owners . Third ; K-T will sell every one of them that they build and put into the distribution system ; ASSURED . And lastly ; before the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America there is the 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the  United States of America ; Freedom of Speech . Reading is a skill ( obviously lacking in you ) . You need to read what I have said up here . You have a right to your opinion , but I also have a right to my opinion , and the right to express it . If you don't like it ; that's your problem , not mine . I am not "preaching " to anyone up here , only stating facts , and I am not on my " High Horse " up here , although I know how to ride them .
You've come off as confrontational from the get go, and continue to do so now.

You are entitled to your opinion, never said anything to the contrary, but the RFB isn't the most consistently reliable firearm out there, and being confrontational while making claims doesn't do anything for your argument.

The sheer fact you put emphasis on "SAYS" in your previous shows us that you don't put stock in people's personal experience with the gun, which is asinine since you rely on the fact yours works.

It is an awesome design, but this whole thing is about how we (the consumers) are better off with an RDB beefed up for .308. Defending the RFB isn't what we are here for. It's had it's time, we want to look for a viable improvement.  

Yes ; I agree : I am confrontational , that's the whole point of this argument . Show me a better ambi- bullpup in .308 Win. that is out there in numbers right now , available for sale to the buying public right now . Not the Tavor in .308 ; not on the market yet . Not the D-T MDR ; only a hand full of prototype rifles in the hands of a few people , with just ALL KINDS OF EXPRESSED PROBLEMS being reported upon in their threads ! And as for a .308 Win RDB ; don't hold your breath ! I remember the time when K-T said that the RFB would be produced in four ( 4 ) different barrel lengths and several different calibers . DIDN't HAPPEN . I am not trying to bad mouth the RDB . I have fired one on a standard out door rifle range , and I liked it . But it is in a caliber that now even the US Military would like to leave behind . It would have to be almost completely redesigned and beefed up to utilize the .308 Win. round . K-T is not going to do that . If / when K-T decides to replace the RFB , it will be with a new design that would supersede both the RFB and RDB . No ; I am not buying your argument up here . I respect your position ; I respect your right to say it ; but I am not buying any of it . And I am not angry at / with you . I had 26 years of active duty  ( 2 years Enlisted and 24 years Commissioned Active Duty Service ) In the Army of the United States , Served in three US Military Conflicts , and Completely believe in and support the US Constitution ; would fight and die for it if necessary . I want for each and every one of us to have the right to express their opinion  , freely up here . Over the course of my life I have been in countries and places where that can't happen , and a statement like I have just made , could / would get you killed . We ( most of us ) don't really know how lucky we really have it here . I do . I hope that you get your wish for your .308 Win. RDB , but I think that you are flying on the " good luck " plan there ! Good Luck !  And , again , YES ; I am defending the RFB up here . Period .

First off, thank you for your service.

We aren't discussing what's the best ambi .308 bullpup available right now.

We are looking to what Kel-Tec should move on to, because Kel-tec already plans to drop the RFB when they figure out the .308 RDB. Not only will it be a simpler design for them to work with, it'll be cheaper for them to produce compared to the RFB.

I do have to ask, what design would supersede the RDB? I'd like to know what you think they'd do.

We all know and embrace the fact that Kel-tec remains one of the few companies still developing new designs, and I hope they don't stop with the RFB. It isn't the end-all to .308 bullpups, and a .308 RDB is the most logical step forward.

I am plenty patient, so waiting for whatever Kel-tec comes up with next isn't a chore. There are plenty of firearms to fawn over in the meantime.

Clarke- Sensei You have asked THE question ! The powers that be at K-T have since the companies origin have always been innovative , have always " thought out side of the box " , and generally been ahead of their time in firearm designs , and because they are a " vanguard " not everything always goes the way they had planed it to , or works . The RFB and the KSG are both examples ; engineering and technology wasn't there in the first generation guns , and a lot of re-engineering , re-thinking and fixes had to be done because of the issues brought back / expressed to them by first generation owners / operators so that second generation guns would work , at least most of the time . My guess is that they ( K-T ) are probably all ready developing a new .308 cal model with the best features from both the RFB and RDB plus some features which none of us have even thought about , or dreamed about . I personally haven't a clue as to what they ( K-T ) will come up with , but one thing you can be sure of : it will not be a partial redesign or modification of either the RFB or the RDB , but something completely new , different , and slick . After my military career , I went to work for Halliburton as a Geologist looking for oil to fuel the world's needs . I had to work with engineers and engineering staffs all of my professional career at Halliburton each and every day ( 22 years for Halliburton ) and the one thing I learned about engineers  is that they just don't tinker with things ; they create and design new things , technologies , create new things , and ways of doing things . With that kind of thinking in mind , and knowing what I know about the thinking process at K-T , they won't just stand on their laurels on what they would now consider two old designs ( RFB and RDB ) but instead come up with a completely new and fresh design . It's in their DNA ; their blood , so to speak . I don't know what it will be , what it will look like , or even if it will be a bullpup design , but one thing is for sure : it won't be a beefed up RDB or modified RFB . That is just not the " Nature of the Beast " there at Kel-Tec . My guess is that what ever they come up with will be Radical , Slick , and will Knock the Socks off of most of us when we see the first prototypes when they are ready to bring it /  them to the attention of the buying public . That is my best guess .   
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length