Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 11:36:00 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Let me introduce... the RDB Aluminum m-lok handguard
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Let me introduce... the RDB Aluminum m-lok handguard  (Read 21640 times)
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2018, 02:38:14 AM »

Okay, so I finally got around to installing my Raptor Rail, and upon installing the front stay, I noticed that the thru-collet doesn't seem long enough to go all the way to the other end. One side of the thru-collet is flush with one side of the front stay, the other end of the thru-collet still looks like it's a 1/4" from the surface of the other end of the stay. Is this normal? Did I do something wrong?

Went back and reread the instructions posted on the past few pages. Makes more sense now. What was the purpose of keeping the thru-collet shorter than the front stay?
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2018, 04:13:10 AM »

I'm just waiting to get my loose top rail fixed before I finish installing the Raptor rail.

While I'm here, I wanted to ask, would you recommend I upgrade to the second version? I already own the first iteration of the Raptor Rail. Is Lee onto the final version yet, because if not, perhaps you would recommend I wait until the final generaion is out? The rail looks solid, but I don't want to have to purchase each iteration chasing after the final copy.  The main thing I think Lee stated was that the second gen was more stable than the first due to changes in its shape. This is notable to me because the main reason I am buying the rail is not for attachments, but for stability and reduced vertical stringing when shooting off a rest or bipod.
Dwill
New Posting Member

« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2018, 12:50:22 AM »

Okay, so I finally got around to installing my Raptor Rail, and upon installing the front stay, I noticed that the thru-collet doesn't seem long enough to go all the way to the other end. One side of the thru-collet is flush with one side of the front stay, the other end of the thru-collet still looks like it's a 1/4" from the surface of the other end of the stay. Is this normal? Did I do something wrong?

Mine was short too.  I assume itís one of the changes between the first and second production batches.  I centered mine so the gap was about the same on either side and then locked it in place by tightening the bottom allen screw before installing the screws on either end.  Wanted to keep the thread engagement about the same on either side.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #203 on: January 09, 2018, 04:20:30 AM »

Okay, I am red locktiting my top picatinny rail tomorrow. 24 hours after that I will be fully installing the Raptor rail, but before I blue locktite the Raptor rail screws, I would like one or more opinions on whether I should instead upgrade to the current iteration of the Raptor Rail, or even wait for the final iteration. Any opinions? If I merely torque down the 1st gen Raptor rail screws instead of using blue locktite, will that give me a sold enough forend until I decide to upgrade or not?  This is a serious question.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length