Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 02:30:13 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Kel-Tec KSG (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Magazine limiters for KSG?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Magazine limiters for KSG?  (Read 8669 times)
Dust

« on: July 20, 2017, 04:28:20 PM »

I know this may sound abhorrent to some, but I am looking for information on plugs for the KSG so I could use it for hunting in KY.  The law is 2+1, so I was thinking completely plug one tube, and limit the other to two rounds.  Has anyone tried this?
BullpupBias
New Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 02:24:27 PM »

Not sure if you've solved this for yourself yet, but I figured I would post an answer to the question for anyone else who is curious.

My dowels measure 17.5" and 12.25" allowing for two 3" shells in one tube. I recommend sanding down the ends to avoid catching on the springs. A 3/8" dowel will fit through the opening in the magazine caps, however they may also fit through certain aftermarket magazine followers with larger openings. You may have to stick to the OEM magazine followers or find a more appropriate sized dowel.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the short mag plug will move freely inside the tube. If the gun is pointed directly upwards too quickly on an empty magazine, it is possible for the plug to slide back hard enough to wedge the follower into the mag tube itself. With the plastic OEM followers, they just require a bit of pressure to pop them back out , but the stainless steel followers can get wedged in worse. I have no experience with followers made of Aluminum, Delrin, or other materials. Simply being wary of slamming the plug into the follower will avoid all that.

I have encountered no other reliability issues.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:38:35 PM by BullpupBias » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length