Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 02:44:20 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Where to mount a light
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where to mount a light  (Read 350 times)
Pokem807

« on: July 17, 2017, 10:52:45 AM »

After deciding to go with the PA 1-6x24 w/ KISS reticle, the only thing left to do with the RDB is to mount a light.  So far I haven't come up with an option that I like.  The bottom rail won't work, because I put my off hand as far forward as possible.  Direct mounting on the top rail won't work because the scope doesn't leave room.  I've been toying with an offset mount, with the light on the right side, opposite the charging handle.  This works, but activating the light is a PITA.

Now I'm thinking about flipping that arrangement and putting the charging handle on the right side of the rifle.  Does any one else here run their CH on the right side?  Any reasons why it's a bad idea?

How about other mounting locations besides the top or bottom rails?  I'm open to some shade tree gunsmithing if someone has come up with some better ideas.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:07:12 PM »

After deciding to go with the PA 1-6x24 w/ KISS reticle, the only thing left to do with the RDB is to mount a light.  So far I haven't come up with an option that I like.  The bottom rail won't work, because I put my off hand as far forward as possible.  Direct mounting on the top rail won't work because the scope doesn't leave room.  I've been toying with an offset mount, with the light on the right side, opposite the charging handle.  This works, but activating the light is a PITA.

Now I'm thinking about flipping that arrangement and putting the charging handle on the right side of the rifle.  Does any one else here run their CH on the right side?  Any reasons why it's a bad idea?

How about other mounting locations besides the top or bottom rails?  I'm open to some shade tree gunsmithing if someone has come up with some better ideas.

see video below for ideas...his gun is loaded.  gun looks sweet for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpQlo9_M9as&t=467s
gunn

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »

I run mine on the right. But I am left handed.

Aut Pax Aut Bellum
joelad

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 04:33:06 PM »

Sorry, wrong forum.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length