Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2017, 06:33:15 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  IWI sneakiness
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: IWI sneakiness  (Read 1271 times)
ignorantGoose

« on: July 15, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »

I heard from a former IDF soldier that IWI is notorious in Israel for "stealth updating" their weapons, sometimes to the extent that updated versions are given different names in the army.  I just wanted to show a couple of examples of that I've seen just online.

Here is a video of an Israeli firing the Tavor 7 (i.e. Tavor/x95 hybrid 308) that IWI US has now announced.  You'll notice that the video was posted about 4 months before IWI US officially acknowledged its existence.  IWI IL has never posted anything about it themselves, and it's not on their website.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRjI3yGFHt1/?taken-by=santosserfaty

Attached are also some images of the GL-40 grenade launcher.  First is an image of the launcher as it is posted on IWI's web site, then an image they posted on their instagram.  You'll notice that in the second image, the grenade launcher has a lot more rail space.  There is a third image posed on IWI's instagram account that shows this being used to attach a foregrip farther forward than would normally be possible on the x95. 

* 308 Tavor.PNG (472.82 KB, 957x466 - viewed 158 times.)

* old gl 40.PNG (196.76 KB, 938x702 - viewed 128 times.)

* new Gl 40.PNG (822.7 KB, 603x600 - viewed 142 times.)

* foregrip.PNG (704.25 KB, 602x513 - viewed 153 times.)
ignorantGoose

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 01:42:16 PM »

Just for fun I've attached an image of the x95 in it's "DMR" configuration, as seen in IWI IL's factory.  It has a mepro 4X sight, a vertical foregrip, and a bipod.

* dmr.PNG (335.09 KB, 609x396 - viewed 260 times.)
paulky_2000

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »

I want the one in the middle of the bottom row.
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 04:18:11 PM »

It's not called sneakiness, it's called prototyping. Prototypes are usually not announced until final design.
Rastoff

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 04:44:23 PM »

Industrial espionage is far more insidious than military or governmental espionage. I'm not surprised they make unannounced upgrades or keep new models under wraps until an official launch can be made. Just look a the Desert Tech MDR. The delays in production are killing their rep for that gun. They should not have announced it until they were ready to sell it.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
RabbitSlayer

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »

Those guns are gnarly man.
308 Bullpups with grenade launchers!!!

Seriously, think about that for a minute...
308 Bullpups with grenade launchers!!!

These guys are equipping their infantry with some pretty state of the art stuff.  I don't think any other army in the world is using such state of the art weaponry on a wide scale infantry level.  This is one of the reasons I love my Tavor so much, it is battle proven by a people in a constant state of war.  Israel knows what it is doing when it comes to weapons. 
I personally hope they completely take over Palestine and a bunch of the middle east soon so their people can rest easy.  Israelies have been persecuted for too long.  It really baffles me when American citizens side with Palestine over Israel.  One of the huge problems about Palestine is that if Israel gave up that land, Israel would then be unable to defend themselves, and muslims would eradicate them.  The Palestinian region is of huge tactical significance in regards to protecting the heart of Israel, without it Israel would be sitting ducks for mortar fire.
Irony is when left wing liberals side with Palestine, but then call right wing trump supporters Nazis, seriously the irony is too much.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 11:29:32 AM »

I personally hope they completely take over Palestine and a bunch of the middle east soon so their people can rest easy.

I am pro Israel but I don't think that is a viable solution. Ask if that worked for the following:

Germany in France, Poland, Italy etc.
England in Northern Ireland
France in Algeria
and the list goes on and on and on................................

You can never subjugate one hundred percent of the populace.

AE
RabbitSlayer

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 11:43:27 AM »

I personally hope they completely take over Palestine and a bunch of the middle east soon so their people can rest easy.

I am pro Israel but I don't think that is a viable solution. Ask if that worked for the following:

France in Algeria

AE

With all due respect...

If they completely lose Palestine, they will get literally mortared into oblivion. 

The map might not be 100% accurate, but it's close enough.

I'm not saying eradicate all muslims in that area, but I am saying that Israel needs control of it's eastern borders so that it can simply defend it self.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:48:00 AM by RabbitSlayer » Logged
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 12:52:10 PM »

Oh man, that ^^^ part of the world will be nasty when oil runs out.
ignorantGoose

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »

France in Algeria

AE

With all due respect...

If they completely lose Palestine, they will get literally mortared into oblivion. 

The map might not be 100% accurate, but it's close enough.

I'm not saying eradicate all muslims in that area, but I am saying that Israel needs control of it's eastern borders so that it can simply defend it self.

Agreed completely.  Even if the WB and GS properly became part of Israel, Israel would still have essentially no strategic depth.  Ceding WB and GS to the Palestinians and giving them full autonomy as their own state would be suicidal in the current ME climate i.e. state-sponsored terrorism determined to wipe out the Jewish state.  It would also be a suicidal ideological concession IMO.  It's a difficult situation to be sure, but idea I most agree with is for Israel to take control of the WB and GS, clean out the known terrorists and offer the remaining Palestinians a choice: accept an offer of Israeli citizenship with all that entails and remain in place, or accept citizenship of an Arabic state (of which there are many) and go live there.  The problem being that no Arabic state wants the Palestinians, for a variety of political and practical reasons.  But I think that the threat of Iran is bringing Israel and the more stable Arab states closer together, so I don't think it's out of the question that such an agreement could occur.  At any rate, there's no easy answer and there are good reasons why I'll never have any influence on such matters.   
BoulderTroll

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 01:25:53 PM »

Just for fun I've attached an image of the x95 in it's "DMR" configuration, as seen in IWI IL's factory.  It has a mepro 4X sight, a vertical foregrip, and a bipod.

I'm surprised nobody is commenting on the integrally suppressed 9mm...  I haven't seen a 9mm SMG with an integral suppressor since the MP-5SD. 
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 02:38:15 PM »

I'm surprised nobody is commenting on the integrally suppressed 9mm...  I haven't seen a 9mm SMG with an integral suppressor since the MP-5SD. 

Yep. It has the classic round handguard as well, which we've been clamoring for IWI to release (and which they recently agreed to do). Very cool.

Notice that the "DMR" X95L in the top middle has a 16" barrel with a bayonet lug, but short furniture? IWI if you're reading this, can we get some barrels like that for those of us who like to pin and weld the flash hiders so we can use the short furniture?

I heard that IWI was discontinuing the Tavor IDF16. I wish they wouldn't do that. If anything, I wish they'd release some IDF versions of the X95. Not everyone is into needlessly modding every single part of their rifle that they can and adding a bunch of tac lights and lasers... some of us just want some clean, military-style clones to shoot and enjoy.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
boscoman

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »

Would love to see a 5.56 suppressed like that. Good eye.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
DubageL

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 06:21:18 PM »

You mean like these IDF x95 5.56/ 9mm.

* IMG_3735.JPG (1218.31 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 71 times.)
boscoman

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »

Not quite. If you look at the pic above you will see a 9mm X95 with a built in suppressed barrel. That would be the way to go.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

DubageL

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »

Oh, you mean this one.

* IMG_3905.JPG (65.9 KB, 650x258 - viewed 66 times.)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 08:14:38 PM »

IWI should make IDF-inspired X95s that look like these (minus the optics--people can add those later):

* _Micro_Tavor_01.jpg (45.69 KB, 800x421 - viewed 51 times.)

* Micro-Tavor-X95L-pic-114.jpg (2186.48 KB, 1726x1767 - viewed 66 times.)

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
boscoman

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 04:33:51 AM »

Oh, you mean this one.

Yuppers.

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 01:57:50 PM »

That 9mm suppressed gun isn't an integral like a MP5SD is. It is just a short 9mm barrel with thread on can inside the forearm. At least that is what I was told by IWI.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »

It's Russia and Iran who will soon lead smaller Muslim countries that will soon be attacking Israel. Countries Like Saudi Arabia Syria Egypt and Jordan won't be involved: Israel will not lose Jerusalem: Anyone that tries will be sorry
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length