Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 10:36:40 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2014 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits                                              25 - 27 April, 2014                               Indiana Convention Center  -  Indianapolis, IN                              600 exihibitors, covering over 400,000 sq ft                                Seminars, dinners, and the Annual Meeting of Members                              BulllpupForum.com will be in attendance.  See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . .
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  Tavor Trigger Kits?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tavor Trigger Kits?  (Read 2915 times)
Dave_I

« on: October 30, 2012, 11:34:09 AM »

I'm wondering, are there any Tavor trigger kits existing or planned?  I read there are a few options for the Aug (at least a couple).  Just wondering if anything like that might be possible for the Tavor.  Not a deal breaker either way, however it would be pretty cool.

-Cheers
Dramaticgnome

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »

I would imagine that after the tavor is released, if it is a fairly popular rifle with the public some company will begin to make match grade triggers for it. Similar to the Aug, the F2000, the P90, or the Scar. After a year or two a couple companies will most likely start making aftermarket parts to improve on it. I'm just happy about the 9mm and 5.45mm conversions.
Dave_I

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:24:14 AM »

I was figuring since it's been in service for a dozen years, available to civilians in Canada for a few years, and planned for U.S. consumption for a decade there might be something definite in the works or available in one of the pre-existing Tavor civilian markets.

I'll suck it up (if you want to call it that) and deal with what is reportedly a decent all around combat trigger and be happy as a clam if the stock trigger is all that's available.  No problem there.  I would spring for a trigger kit if/when a nice one came available though.

-Cheers
Armourall

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »

I have a "trigger kit" for my FS2000 - it's called a "Neu-trigger" and it does what its supposed to do - lightens the trigger pull and makes it much more of a pleasure to shoot.  Will it happen for the Tavor - I don't know.  The guy that made them is known as "Judochop" I think.
TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »

I would the love the opportunity to install a different trigger in my Tavor.

I've had to coach a few new users in Canada who are still using the "shoot on exhale" precision trick, and it just doesn't apply to a stiff military trigger like the Tavor currently has.

We've done some investigating with gun smiths, but as far as I know no one in the country has done a real trigger conversion!
Dave_I

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 03:28:27 PM »

I have a "trigger kit" for my FS2000 - it's called a "Neu-trigger" and it does what its supposed to do - lightens the trigger pull and makes it much more of a pleasure to shoot.  Will it happen for the Tavor - I don't know.  The guy that made them is known as "Judochop" I think.

I read there was a Neu-trigger (I believe the same spelling/device) for the Aug, as well as some AR-like trigger or kit to use AR triggers, something like that.  So I was wondering if that, or something similar, might be available or would be possible for if/when the Tavor hits the U.S. market by storm (I can dream, no?).

-Cheers
Dave_I

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »

I would the love the opportunity to install a different trigger in my Tavor.

I've had to coach a few new users in Canada who are still using the "shoot on exhale" precision trick, and it just doesn't apply to a stiff military trigger like the Tavor currently has.

We've done some investigating with gun smiths, but as far as I know no one in the country has done a real trigger conversion!

How do you shoot the Tavor trigger differently?  For that matter, how much does it smooth out over time?  Obviously it's good enough for actual use in the real world, just wondering how good it is or gets once broken in.

I would imagine there will be some sort of trigger conversions/kits.  I think our love of the AR-15's has made us want everything modular, so I can see somebody, or several somebodies, tweaking it and figuring out how to make it as good as possible.  There probably just has to be enough Tavors around to make the market profitable and somebody with enough ingenuity, know-how, and spare time will come up with something.

-Cheers
Lu-Wa

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »

Can't wait for the opportunity to grab a Tavor here in the states. I've done a few trigger jobs as part of some ar builds for customers. So hopefully when IWI's golden egg finally hatches in the lower 48, I might be able to figure out a fix that makes the Tavor a cleaner shooting gun. If it happens you guys will be the first to know.
TRUTH ABSOLUTE

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »

I guess this makes the trigger a little better?
http://www.ltwerner.com/tavor.ltwerner/howtoprocedures.phtml?id=11
TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 11:53:18 AM »

That process removes the positive reset spring on the Tavor trigger. Some people have also reported it making the trigger mushy and inconsistent.

Its a personal preference thing. I prefer to stick with my military trigger that breaks clean, just takes some force.
Dave_I

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:17 PM »

That process removes the positive reset spring on the Tavor trigger. Some people have also reported it making the trigger mushy and inconsistent.

Its a personal preference thing. I prefer to stick with my military trigger that breaks clean, just takes some force.
  Yeah, "mushy and inconsistent" is not what I was hoping for.  If there was a way to get a nice, crisp 2-stage trigger like a really nice AR trigger I would be game for that.  If it's between something possibly mushy or just questionable, I could deal with a decent stock military-type trigger that breaks cleanly even if it does have a bit heavier trigger pull.

I do hear some nice things have been happening for the Aug trigger.  I think I'll stick with the stock Tavor trigger and remain cautiously optimistic there might be a nice trigger kit coming down the pipeline at some point.  If not, well, I'm living with stock triggers on everything else I own for now so I suppose it has not bothered me all that much.

-Cheers
kinthral

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »

I have a "trigger kit" for my FS2000 - it's called a "Neu-trigger" and it does what its supposed to do - lightens the trigger pull and makes it much more of a pleasure to shoot.
The Neu-trigger, in the case of the FS2000 at least, was a metal addition to an otherwise polymer fire control group.  It was a workaround to providing smoother contact surfaces because the polymer is difficult to polish.  With a metal fire control group, the quick fix is often to polish contact surfaces.  However, because of the safety concerns involved, we generally will wait for something to come on the market.

I don't see anything as clever and inexpensive as the Neu-trigger being available because it is a fix for a problem that's no longer relevant.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length