Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 02:47:12 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Should IWI sell spare Tavor bolts?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Should IWI sell spare Tavor bolts?
Yes   -4 (14.8%)
No   -3 (11.1%)
Yes, + cam pins   -0 (0%)
Yes + cam pins and recoil spring options   -20 (74.1%)
Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Should IWI sell spare Tavor bolts?  (Read 1471 times)
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: July 14, 2017, 04:54:56 PM »

I for one really want an extra bolt, and a cam pin to go with it.  I think many others here want these parts as well.  Shoot, I would even be willing to buy a few whole extra recoil assemblies ( Bolt carrier + Bolt ).

I and others are very grateful to have the available spare parts that IWI offers; however I think we all want a few more options, and I think having more spare parts available would increase sales as well.  I know most people at IWI probably think we will never wear out our bolts, but we don't care, we simply just want more spare parts.
The biggest reason I see AR and AK guys not wanting to get into other weapons systems is the lack of available spare parts.  The majority of us gun guys know that if we get a democrat in the presidential seat a few years from now, we could lose all future gun buying opportunity, so that is why so many guys get into AR15s, because they can buy a lifetime supply of spare parts.  I for one am not naive enough to believe that I will always be able to buy Tavors, or Tavor parts.  I believe if IWI sold spare Bolts, recoil springs, and possibly other parts as well; that sales would significantly increase, and all the Tavor guys would be really happy as well.  This is not just due to legality, but because of gun buying panic, if a democrat gets into office, literally all gun merchandise will become sold out, or prices inflated to high for the average middle class guy to buy.

I think a ton of guys that run suppressors on their Tavors would like some recoil spring options, so that we have a way to deal with over gassing since IWI is only offering the adjustable gas block in 300blk. 

I know IWI reps visit this board, and I am glad they do.  If the bolt thing is a headspace problem, just state with a piece of paper that comes with the bolt to check headspace.  We are all capable of using go and no go gauges.  However I have heard that everyone who has swapped bolts never had headspacing issues.   Also, if headspacing was the issue, then why would IWI let us do left/right hand conversions by ourselves, but not sell spare bolts?

IWI, most gun guys here in America do some amount of stockpiling, whether it's ammo, parts, guns, reloading components, etc.  I know that I and many others want to have enough parts for our Tavors to keep them lasting for a lifetime of shooting; and honestly I think many of us will buy that lifetime amount of parts before the next election.  I know that I personally will be stockpiling like crazy for the next three years, because if someone like Hilary gets elected in 2020, we are all screwed.  Within the next 3 years, I am going to own 3-4 Tavors, and it would be really nice to have a supply of parts that my kids could one day use.

I believe that you guys could use this for a marketing campaign to increase your sales as well.  Something like selling X95's with a conversion kit for 2000$, or selling Tavors with spare bolts and a Vortex optic for 2000$.

We appreciate everything you guys at IWI do for us, and we absolutely love your products. 
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 06:22:48 PM »

Yes and yes.

* 1siqkn.jpg (48.37 KB, 667x500 - viewed 25 times.)

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 06:24:35 PM »

Yes and yes.
rolf
Perfect meme  Grin
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 06:26:30 PM »

Btw

If gearhead or someone made some recoil springs, I would buy them!!  Would be awesome to have an extra strength recoil spring for suppressed use!
tavor hollow

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 06:42:17 PM »

I haven't looked lately but I thought they sold firing pins.a while back one of the guys said his was broke but still operating.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »

I haven't looked lately but I thought they sold firing pins.a while back one of the guys said his was broke but still operating.

They do.
https://www.iwi.us/Products/Tavor-Index/Tavor%C2%AE-SARSpare-Parts/5-56Spare-Parts/TAVOR-Survival-Parts-Kit.aspx

But we want more stuff then they are offering. 
paulky_2000

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 07:22:12 PM »

YES
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 07:43:22 PM »

And most important the Barrel nut....

RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »

Lol someone voted no?
Just curious why someone would not want more spare parts available for their gun?
AZ-Chris

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 09:16:31 PM »

If gearhead or someone made some recoil springs, I would buy them!!  Would be awesome to have an extra strength recoil spring for suppressed use!

+1
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 09:39:32 PM »

Lol someone voted no?
Just curious why someone would not want more spare parts available for their gun?

Troll
vawinds4

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 09:43:08 PM »

Totally agree!
ivanreuter

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 08:22:05 AM »

Yeah, I contacted IWI directly and they said they would send a free set of handguard bolts for free... 3 months later?Huh???
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 07:49:55 PM »

Yeah, I contacted IWI directly and they said they would send a free set of handguard bolts for free... 3 months later?Huh???

We are talking about bolt carrier group bolts.

You can buy screws on their site.
Halmbarte

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »

Barrels are a consumable, you should be able to shoot out several of them on the original bolt.

The Tavor isn't an AR and doesn't have a track record of shedding lugs and-or breaking at the cam pin.

Besides barrels, extractors and firing pins would be the most likely to fail, and yes, you're probably going to need a new recoil spring eventually.

H
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 05:46:51 PM »

Guys I told you before : Not going to happen. IWI claims it's a Liability : They used to sell them and quit. My guess is the risk factor of one issue getting sued isn't worth 30,000 guys wanting spare bolts. It would be great if they did. But not gonna happen . Ask SGT_P :
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 05:49:21 PM »

Guys I told you before : Not going to happen. IWI claims it's a Liability : They used to sell them and quit. My guess is the risk factor of one issue getting sued isn't worth 30,000 guys wanting spare bolts. It would be great if they did. But not gonna happen . Ask SGT_P :

They could avoid the liability as I stated in my OP by simply including a note saying check headspace or have a gunsmith install.   Using go and no go gauges is pretty simple.  AK guys have been doing it for decades.

Edit to add, I think the liability thing is BS!  If it was truly a liability then they wouldn't sell left hand conversion kits.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:09:35 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 07:51:37 AM »

They could avoid the liability as I stated in my OP by simply including a note saying check headspace or have a gunsmith install.   Using go and no go gauges is pretty simple.  AK guys have been doing it for decades.

Edit to add, I think the liability thing is BS!  If it was truly a liability then they wouldn't sell left hand conversion kits.
That's beside the Point: Apparently the legal team along with the Business end decided it wasn't profitable enough to work around the BS.  It probably has something to do with the Bolts being Imported:  I'm just telling you I have been down this rode with enough calls I was finally asked to just stop. As it wasn't going to happen.  On the other hand that's what I was told when first pursuing an Aftermarket Trigger . Never hurts to try
paulky_2000

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 09:59:24 AM »

That's beside the Point: Apparently the legal team along with the Business end decided it wasn't profitable enough to work around the BS. 

I'd guess that it's more about raking-in the $139 they charge to do it for you.......

....but the denial email they sent me sounded very well rehearsed.  Grin
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 10:16:20 AM »

Edit:  I'll add one other observation/opinion.  I think many of us as AR owners get a little spoiled by the almost unparalleled modularity of that platform.  While always recommended, headspace is not a common problem with the AR15 when it comes to switching out bolts.  I don't think that's as common with many other platforms.

Edit to add, I think the liability thing is BS!  If it was truly a liability then they wouldn't sell left hand conversion kits.

RS, maybe I'm misinterpreting your take on this when you mention IWI's left hand conversion kits.  While I'm not sitting in on the IWI board meetings, I do tend to believe that the main issue for selling lone bolts is liability...or at least just a reliability/image issue when/if things like headspace go wrong.  I think the fact that IWI sells the left hand kits with a headspaced bolt and barrel combo kind of supports that.  I'm guessing your take is that since they sell the conversion kit, an owner could still screw up in some way while making the switch, but I'd contend that the screw up would still be on the owner and not IWI...maybe not too different from an owner chambering and firing a 300BO in a 5.56 barrel.  A company cannot insure against all owner induced screw-ups.

My perception is that by IWI selling lone bolts, IWI is aware that at some point a headspace issue is going to be encountered with either small or significant negative results.  It appears that IWI requires a barrel and bolt combo when replacing either, or at least to have the barrel and bolt inspected and headspace checked by IWI.  Sounds like a liability concern to me.

Edit:  I'll add one other observation/opinion.  I think many of us as AR owners get a little spoiled by the almost unparalleled modularity of that platform.  While always recommended, headspace is not a common problem with the AR15 when it comes to switching out bolts.  I don't think that's as common with many other platforms.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:18:18 AM by TNC » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length