Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:37:41 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Shayetet 13 Israeli SEALS with Tavors
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shayetet 13 Israeli SEALS with Tavors  (Read 1369 times)
yoni
^

« on: July 11, 2017, 07:47:32 PM »

https://youtu.be/_HYk4HdWnPs
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:26:19 PM »

Nice! Looks like suppressed X95s...

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
blottogg

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 12:47:09 AM »

Not digging the muzzle sweeps by the guy with the GoPro though.
JRKrejsa

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 06:52:11 AM »

Link won't open...
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 11:10:10 AM »

That happens in battle, it's not a range.
ignorantGoose

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 11:18:14 AM »

Hold mah beer, I can show those guys the RIGHT way to oper8 m8  Tongue
blottogg

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »

I'm not a snake-eater, but that doesn't mean I can't learn from them.  The four rules are universally applicable, and aren't limited to the range.  That's why Jeff Cooper wrote them the way he did.  Bad things happen when you start accepting caveats and exceptions to gun handling rules.

Here's an clip of SEAL's doing a room clearing exercise with live ammo and unsuppressed M4's (about the same length as suppressed X95's):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8zwsE_Tib8
Notice the muzzle discipline.  It doesn't slow down their engagement, but does avoid sweeping their teammates with their muzzles.  There was another clip I remember (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e3CWHF9GxQ) from one of the geek channels with a SEAL team doing a similar exercise with MP5's in an outdoor shoothouse, and the instructor specifically chastising one of them afterwards, "You swept his head real bad on that one".  Of course that was just a training range, and things are different in battle, right?

Not trying to make myself sound like a badass, but I'd rather point out lessons learned from others' mistakes than try to make (and survive) all possible mistakes myself.   Every shooter is also a safety officer, and needs to speak up when they see something wrong, without consulting some skill pecking order first.  In the words of Rex O'Herlahan; "When I see something that's obviously wrong, I usually speak up."

Edit: made the URL's hot
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:34:23 PM by blottogg » Logged
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 05:12:12 PM »

I'm sure with a culture of handling firearms the US Navy SEALs are better about muzzle discipline than Israelis. Still when bullets are flying in actually combat, a lot of training and discipline goes out of the mind of most soldiers, especially regular grunts.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »

I'm sure with a culture of handling firearms the US Navy SEALs are better about muzzle discipline than Israelis. Still when bullets are flying in actually combat, a lot of training and discipline goes out of the mind of most soldiers, especially regular grunts.

I agree with your point, but here are my two pennies...

1.  I believe the video was a training exercise.  One time I did something ''unsafe'' during a training exercise, so the instructor made myself and all my peers to do about 50 pushups in full gear.  I learned my lesson.  ( I racked out a dummy round and caught it on the firing line, didn't even flag anyone, the instructor completely embarrassed me, made sure I felt like a dumb ass, and humbled me to the bone ).

2. Sool carry position.  I think that is how you spell it.. At least from my government funded training, we were taught not to flag people  Grin.

But ya, I agree, nothing is perfect when the rubber meets the road, and that is why trigger discipline is so important.  I have watched South american police training events, and surprisingly they use most of the same techniques we do.  Most tacticool stuff is actually very universal.

I'm not trying to argue one way or another, I'm just sharing my perspective.

Edit to add... I don't think I'm a tier 1 operator or anything  Cheesy  Just sharing my thoughts.

Basically flagging happens, although ideally it shouldn't.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:21:29 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 05:50:23 PM »

Hold mah beer, I can show those guys the RIGHT way to oper8 m8  Tongue

rolf

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Rastoff

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »

Still when bullets are flying in actually combat, a lot of training and discipline goes out of the mind of most soldiers, especially regular grunts.
And that's why we train a lot so it doesn't go out of mind when the rubber meets the road. It should be automatic.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
SemiAuto9

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 04:30:25 PM »

Post active links people, come on.

https://youtu.be/_HYk4HdWnPs
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length