Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2018, 08:08:13 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Who has gotten impatient/tired of waiting and bought something else?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Who has gotten impatient/tired of waiting and bought something else?  (Read 22904 times)
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2017, 12:25:53 AM »

Three weeks ago the CZ-75 bug bit me...now I have enough to arm a basketball squad.  :-|

I've been eyeballing the CZ Shadow 2 recently. I've gotten into USPSA and thinking about getting serious with it.

Get it.  I picked mine up on Monday and it is hands down, the best production pistol I've ever handled.  The double action pull is silky smooth, the single action is crisp and damned near perfect.  When you couple that with the new sculpting that they've done to the grip, it is a pistol that seems made for your hand.  The only downside is the weight if you plan to carry it, but the weight is a definite benefit in competition.

If you were close to the southern Susquehanna Valley in PA, I'd suggest a range time and you could try it out.

Kurt
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2017, 12:27:45 AM »

Three weeks ago the CZ-75 bug bit me...now I have enough to arm a basketball squad.  :-|

I've been eyeballing the CZ Shadow 2 recently. I've gotten into USPSA and thinking about getting serious with it.

I been thinking about the CZ p-01 Omega.

I have two Omegas; a CZ-75B and a CZ-75B Urban Grey, and I really like the trigger.  My SP-01 is the one with the safety only, and I'd say that the triggers are comparable (the 75s using the decocker and the SP-01 using the safety). 

Kurt
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2017, 12:32:50 AM »

i like my p01 omega a lot.  are they still terribly hard to find?  i don't like how they're nitriding the barrels for 2017 though.  if you have the extra $3-400 might consider the sdp sphinx.  i've handled the duty...believe the hype.  also wanting the rex zero 1s as well...and the cz p-10c..and the....and...
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2017, 12:41:48 AM »

i like my p01 omega a lot.  are they still terribly hard to find?  i don't like how they're nitriding the barrels for 2017 though.  if you have the extra $3-400 might consider the sdp sphinx.  i've handled the duty...believe the hype.  also wanting the rex zero 1s as well...and the cz p-10c..and the....and...

It's hit or miss.  A month ago, anything from CZ other than the Urban Grey series seemed to be scarce.  Now, they must have gotten a shipment in through customs because I'm seeing non-Urban Grey models showing up all over.

Just one word of advice:  if you see one and decide you like it, don't leave it in the case and decide to think it over because it probably won't be there when you return.  I stopped at Trop (one of the largest gunshops in central PA) on July 23rd and they had just received a fairly large shipment.  When I returned on Thursday, they only had four or five of them left.

Kurt
whiskey91lima

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2017, 12:56:49 AM »

Get it.  I picked mine up on Monday and it is hands down, the best production pistol I've ever handled.  The double action pull is silky smooth, the single action is crisp and damned near perfect.  When you couple that with the new sculpting that they've done to the grip, it is a pistol that seems made for your hand.  The only downside is the weight if you plan to carry it, but the weight is a definite benefit in competition.

If you were close to the southern Susquehanna Valley in PA, I'd suggest a range time and you could try it out.

Thanks for the offer. I'm based in CO and have been shooting the matches around the Front Range.

I have no intent to carry the CZ Shadow 2; it'll be for competition only. I have been shooting a P320 at the matches and have learned, after six months, that the P320 is not cut out to shoot above A, even with a formal trigger job. That being said, the P320 is a fantastic carry/defense gun; I have been CCW the P250.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2017, 01:02:12 AM »

It's hit or miss.  A month ago, anything from CZ other than the Urban Grey series seemed to be scarce.  Now, they must have gotten a shipment in through customs because I'm seeing non-Urban Grey models showing up all over.

Just one word of advice:  if you see one and decide you like it, don't leave it in the case and decide to think it over because it probably won't be there when you return.  I stopped at Trop (one of the largest gunshops in central PA) on July 23rd and they had just received a fairly large shipment.  When I returned on Thursday, they only had four or five of them left.

true story...i had searched for months for a p01 omega and had basically given up and was about to commit to the standard p01 which were scarce as well.  for some odd reason i decided to change my search engine from google to bing and saw a 2-3 day old listing on texas gun trader for a p01 omega.  i frantically called him to see if he still had it and was surprised he did.  i low balled the guy offering $500...guess he was desperate and drove across town and included a box of ammo as well.  gun was basically brand new.  loved it and used it for quite a bit but was an idiot one evening after cleaning it and nudged it off the counter accidentally while letting the dog out.  the drop dented the front sight and lanyard loop and scratched the slide slightly.  i'm OCD with my guns so this f'd me up.  incidentally, someone on the czforums posted p01 omegas available on riflegear.com, which is the common courtesy on the forum since they're so scarce.  they had four in stock.  wife and i have a kid in college so i can't just throw $600 at anything and everything i see on a whim without running it by her so i told her i'd sell mine.  i knew riflegear.com would sell out by morning and did by midnight.  i listed my used omega for $550 on texas gun trader and it literally sold later that evening or early morning....phone was blowing up at 2am.  dude drove up 40 miles that morning while constantly texting pleading to sell to him and not anyone else, while other offers came in.  little did the wife know, i bought the one on riflegear.com earlier that evening prior to mine selling, but knew it would.  i'd always wanted one brand new anyway although my initial p01 omega was mint.  so it was basically a lateral move for me with the riflegear.com one selling for $599.  the guy asked why i was selling and didn't have the heart to tell him his money was going to a brand new one.  

sorry for the long @ss story but anyone who's tried to chase down a p01 omega until late understands what a true unicorn is.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:08:27 AM by HBeretta » Logged
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2017, 01:58:03 AM »

Whatever, I guess noone cares about bikes anymore. You guys can have fun shooting your darn pistols. I'm gonna have fun speeding around town, jumping off ramps, and talking to cute girls. lol.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2017, 02:05:14 AM »

Whatever, I guess noone cares about bikes anymore. You guys can have fun shooting your darn pistols. I'm gonna have fun speeding around town, jumping off ramps, and talking to cute girls. lol.

I don't think GTA counts, man.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2017, 02:39:53 AM »

I don't think GTA counts, man.

Huh? You can play GTA if you want, I'll take my Trek mountain-hybrid bike and zip around my college town and have a good time.
richiemfmead
^

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2017, 03:00:28 AM »

Did someone say CZ? I picked up a sp01 back in aug last yr and sent it down to cajun gunworks for their pro duty package. Mine is the manual saftey version. Now sports a flat trigger, retained the firing pin stop/saftey, 2lb 14oz break on a 3mm reset. Checkmate race hammer, and the only one of its kind at this time, an accurized bushing threaded barrel. I can bench this thing and and put bullets in bullet holes at 15yrds. Anything further I dont have the skills. Also found a kadet 22lr upper for it. Back in March picked up a Dan Wesson Discretion in .45acp. Its their suppressor ready 1911. Sickest 1911 trigger I've ever felt. Picked up a p10c last weekend. Shot it last weekend for the first time (other than the first 50 I threw through through it huridly on a lunch break one day to feel her out) and shot a IDPA based match with it. Came in 6 of 39 guys. All gun. Love me some CZ.
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2017, 11:26:11 AM »

i like my p01 omega a lot.  are they still terribly hard to find?  i don't like how they're nitriding the barrels for 2017 though.  if you have the extra $3-400 might consider the sdp sphinx.  i've handled the duty...believe the hype.  also wanting the rex zero 1s as well...and the cz p-10c..and the....and...

Yeah the P-01 Omegas are still hard to find.
I looked at the Sphinx and did a lot of reading on the two and I decided the Sphinx extra cost wasn't worth it.  I could take that extra money and put it in the CZ and have a better gun for the same price.  I was almost ready to buy a P10c but I been hearing people having issues with certian type of ammo or something.
Why doesn't CZ make more pistols in 45acp?
I had a Rex Zero 1 for a short time.   It did shoot good. But the grip was to big for me and it acutally started hurting my hand.  I ended up selling it.  Not sure I pay the over inflated price they are asking for it now though.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:29:52 PM by Ditcher » Logged
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2017, 11:31:25 AM »

Ok what kind of Bike did you get?  Did you get a bike with a Banana seat?  I can see you rocking that and picking up the girls.

I do a lot of riding around the neighborhood. Normally 5 to 10 mile rides up and down hills.
I need to get my Garyfisher sugar 3 fixed so I can get back to mountain biking.  But parts are getting hard to find and I don't want to pay another 1300 for a new one.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2017, 05:55:51 PM »

Ok what kind of Bike did you get?  Did you get a bike with a Banana seat?  I can see you rocking that and picking up the girls.

I do a lot of riding around the neighborhood. Normally 5 to 10 mile rides up and down hills.
I need to get my Garyfisher sugar 3 fixed so I can get back to mountain biking.  But parts are getting hard to find and I don't want to pay another 1300 for a new one.

It's a basic Trek mountain-hybrid bike.  I paid a little over $300 for it. Given what I've spent this summer, it was in my price range It's definitely on the less expensive side when it comes to bikes; some can be upwards of $2k and more. But Trek is known for making good bikes, and it's a decent bike for the price. It came with a Bontrager SSR saddle and grips. I bought it three weeks ago and I love it. I definitely need to add front and rear lights, as well as some other things like a bell, mirrors, water bottle holder, and a carrying rack maybe.  I'm hunting for ideas lol
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »

Ok what kind of Bike did you get?  Did you get a bike with a Banana seat?  I can see you rocking that and picking up the girls.

I need to get my Garyfisher sugar 3 fixed so I can get back to mountain biking.  But parts are getting hard to find and I don't want to pay another 1300 for a new one.

It's a basic Trek mountain-hybrid bike.  I paid a little over $300 for it. Given what I've spent this summer, it was in my price range It's definitely on the less expensive side when it comes to bikes; some can be upwards of $2k and more. But Trek is known for making good bikes, and it's a decent bike for the price. It came with a Bontrager SSR saddle and grips. I bought it three weeks ago and I love it. I definitely need to add front and rear lights, as well as some other things like a bell, mirrors, water bottle holder, and a carrying rack maybe.  I'm hunting for ideas lol

Ah you can't forget about the tassels!  That's atleast a 100 cool points right there!
I normally take something like a camelbak.  Got extra compartment I can keep stuff like a small pistol and stuff.
Since my bike is down I been riding the wifes trex we paid 400 for long ago.  Its hair small for me and not as light as mine put it gets the job done.  I miss my full suspension though. Sad
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2017, 08:58:31 PM »

Why doesn't CZ make more pistols in 45acp?

Because the US is a small part of their worldwide market and in the rest of the world 9mm has been the predominant cartridge.  Only a handful of countries ever adopted the 1911 and .45ACP, while the vast majority (including most of the former Warsaw Pact nations, including Russia!) have either always used are are adopting 9mm.

Kurt
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2017, 01:40:47 AM »

Ah you can't forget about the tassels!  That's atleast a 100 cool points right there!
I normally take something like a camelbak.  Got extra compartment I can keep stuff like a small pistol and stuff.
Since my bike is down I been riding the wifes trex we paid 400 for long ago.  Its hair small for me and not as light as mine put it gets the job done.  I miss my full suspension though. Sad

I'll probably do a camelbak for distance adventures. And the tassels and other decorations also sound good. I would like a compartment for flat tire patch kit, sandwiches and miscellaneous supplies if I'm not already wearing a backpack. I never thought about a pistol compartment though. That might take some thought. Bikes are so versatile. You can take them pretty much anywhere. They can carry you and you can carry them. They can go and fit through areas that vehicles cannot, and they consume no fuel, plus they get your legs built if you do lots of uphill, and they can take you farther than you could ever walk. Today, I was actually riding mine inside my university's science building when I needed a break from the sun. Since it's summer break, noone seemed to give a damn or told me to leave lol. They would be great for a SHTF situation in the event that gas stations are shut down, since they require no fuel. You can still get from place to place pretty rapidly.  People in China load them up with tons of gear on the back of them. I imagine they would be easier to maintain than a car, if you had the know-how, but I'm only guessing on that. 
er98ah
^

« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2017, 07:16:28 AM »

Bought a scar 16, scar 17, bcm pistol, and tavor.  No plans on buying an early release mdr. If the rifle turns out promising a few years down the line, I'll pick up a used one. But at this point, I come to these forum to hear what new excuse dt has for not releasing the rifle. It's become a comedy show.
Chief Master

« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2017, 08:48:48 AM »

Bought a scar 16, scar 17, bcm pistol, and tavor.  No plans on buying an early release mdr. If the rifle turns out promising a few years down the line, I'll pick up a used one. But at this point, I come to these forum to hear what new excuse dt has for not releasing the rifle. It's become a comedy show.

Dude...it's been released. You're a little late with the thread crapping.
er98ah
^

« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2017, 09:19:42 AM »

then post a pic of your mdr.  That's what i thought.
Chief Master

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »

then post a pic of your mdr.  That's what i thought.

Non sequitur, my friend. My not having an MDR does not mean they haven't been released.

I've been just as frustrated as anyone with the smoke and mirrors delays that have been going on in DT's development process. But that process is over. They have delivered MDRs to at least one customer and at least one dealer. Production rifles. They are shipping more as I type this. If you think all that is a hoax, I really don't know what else to say to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length