Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2017, 02:37:22 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Who has gotten impatient/tired of waiting and bought something else?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Who has gotten impatient/tired of waiting and bought something else?  (Read 3097 times)
thehun

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2017, 02:06:34 PM »

My biggest concern and why I got rid of my RDB is the mag release...it required no pressure for it to release the mag and I didnt trust it. It needs to be a paddle release like the original tavor or a button
Mr__Coffee

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 03:42:11 PM »

Well after switching my MDR order on June 12 to an SRS covert 300wm.... I have yet to receive a tracking number. So if you are switching your order, know that for $3k more you can be on another DTA back order that is looking like it is going to take as long as my last know MDR date of September. Hope its a shooter because I could have built 4 TAC 20 300wms for the same price and got them same week.
thehun

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »

Well after switching my MDR order on June 12 to an SRS covert 300wm.... I have yet to receive a tracking number. So if you are switching your order, know that for $3k more you can be on another DTA back order that is looking like it is going to take as long as my last know MDR date of September. Hope its a shooter because I could have built 4 TAC 20 300wms for the same price and got them same week.

Man...that blows.
Mr__Coffee

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 05:11:22 PM »

yeah my wife broke down finally. "well you wanted the more expensive one anyway, and you have already missed one hunting season. get the one you wanted." second season approaches. and my friend and his dad have built 3 remages on custom frames during this time. all shoot well and they are still under the bill for the srs lol.
EWTHeckman

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 05:19:42 PM »

I gotta agree with thehun.

Have they given you an expected ship date?
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 05:33:42 PM »

My biggest concern and why I got rid of my RDB is the mag release...it required no pressure for it to release the mag and I didnt trust it. It needs to be a paddle release like the original tavor or a button

To me the Tavor and RDB mag release are pretty much the same. Only the Tavor's is further away and requires more reach. Then again, I have skinny hands and wrist.
Mr__Coffee

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »

I gotta agree with thehun.

Have they given you an expected ship date?

Lol yeah it was like "2 weeks" when I ordered it. I waited 2 weeks... now it has been 2 weeks every week when I call. 2 weeks ago it was actually 1 week. but then last week it was 2 weeks again... I actually tried to source the barrel from short action customs but they were 8 weeks out. so everything is sitting at DTA but maybe they will get it out by end of next week I guess. they have had all the parts for going on the 3rd week now as far as I can tell.
Chief Master

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 05:53:57 PM »

Why not just get a full refund and purchase an SRS from a dealer like Primal Rights? From what I understand, they'll get you an SRS much earlier than September.

EDIT: Maybe this isn't possible, based on your above post that DT is already putting it together for you.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:55:51 PM by Chief Master » Logged
JK919

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:46 PM »

Not a bullpup but I'm really thinking of getting one of those Gemtech Integra uppers instead.
JK919

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2017, 02:03:51 AM »

Hmm or maybe a Maxim 9.
Mr__Coffee

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »

Why not just get a full refund and purchase an SRS from a dealer like Primal Rights? From what I understand, they'll get you an SRS much earlier than September.

EDIT: Maybe this isn't possible, based on your above post that DT is already putting it together for you.

I ordered with a full size srs barrel. not a stubby covert one.... both are DTA parts but you wont find an SRS covert at any other vender with a full length barrel.
Chief Master

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »

I ordered with a full size srs barrel. not a stubby covert one.... both are DTA parts but you wont find an SRS covert at any other vender with a full length barrel.

I don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure vendors like Primal Rights that specialize in SRS orders will customize your SRS beyond what Desert Tech will do. Take a look at their website here.

I'm not trying to make you change your order or anything—if you're happy with your decision to order from DT (or if you're locked into that decision), I'm sure you're going to get a stellar rifle (eventually  Evil). I just don't think it's accurate to say there aren't any vendors who will put a full length barrel in a Covert.
Mr__Coffee

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2017, 03:07:35 PM »

hmm well I would recommend Master Chiefs approach to anyone else thinking to change order. I have over a month invested now so I am still hoping they can deliver there SRS before snow.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length