Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2018, 01:28:28 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Who has gotten impatient/tired of waiting and bought something else?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Who has gotten impatient/tired of waiting and bought something else?  (Read 31526 times)
Ascinder
^

« on: July 03, 2017, 06:06:46 PM »

Not trying to start a bash DT thread. But what have you bought to tide you over in the meantime. I caved and picked up an SRS this weekend. Damn the trigger is good and the action smooth and precise. Faith temporarily boosted in DT. I also picked up a PMR 30 from keltec a couple weeks ago. Decent little gun. Ran 200 rounds through it with 2 FTFs within the first 10 shots fired. After that, zero issues.
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 06:27:50 PM »

I'll admit I did buy a Hillary gun that I wouldn't have bought if the MDR had shipped when originally promised, but I didn't cancel my order. And I've bought and sold a few others too.

Wait. Scratch they. They were all lost in a tragic boating accident. I knew I shouldn't have taken the entire collection along.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 06:46:40 PM »

I haven't gotten the SRS...yet.  Once the house sells, I'm treating myself to either an SRS A1 or a Steyr SSG-08 to go along with the SSG-04.  Besides that, I've picked up several other things that require a 4473 to take home, but none were purchased because I was impatient or tired of waiting for the MDR.

Kurt
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 06:49:28 PM »

Did get an SRS-A1 b/c got tired of waiting. Still on the group buy for the time being.... but starting to get tempted to withdraw and take the $$$ towards a downpayment on a new motorcycle.....
o2mover
^

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 09:37:26 PM »

can you say KTM super duke.
Ascinder
^

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 10:58:32 PM »

Nice!
Dragoon
Banned

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 12:05:04 AM »

I've been thinking about getting a HTI in .375 but this whole MDR situation makes me NOT want to give DT money.
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 04:02:53 AM »

Looking at Speed Triple R.... new to liter bikes, looking at something more predictable for first one.
hillbillyjim
^

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 08:57:51 AM »

I got myself another scar 17 but always planned on it had nothing to do with delays. 
masterlab
^

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 11:20:10 AM »

I'm tired of hearing how other people are fed up and how they plan to move on. If you are fed up move to a different area of the forum (or go to a different forum all together).

I just want to see MDR news, occasional speculation, and when it is released Reviews
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 11:30:37 AM »

Yeah....CZ BREN instead of waiting on the MDR 5.56...which will be 2020 before it is released probably.
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 11:41:30 AM »

So, I haven't ... yet. Mainly because of two things:

1. Using my GI bill, I have an influx of money
2. What I would like in replacement hasn't come out yet

So basically, I'm going to wait to see if they can get the .308 model out before what I want comes out. If so, I'll ask some questions about the 5.56 model and then make a decision. If not, my decision is easy.
Siris

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »

I'm tired of hearing how other people are fed up and how they plan to move on. If you are fed up move to a different area of the forum (or go to a different forum all together).

I just want to see MDR news, occasional speculation, and when it is released Reviews

Made this same remark in another thread they don't get it

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 01:51:32 PM »

we all want to see this too.  well...i believe we've covered the speculation portion of this.
The Heretic

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »

Here's the thing, after three years of speculation and no reviews, and no rifles, there really is nothing left to talk about except the when and why of delivery to market - is there? It has all been covered.

Anything outside of talking about DT's delays/etc. is just a rehash of what has been said before or speculation and even then it is mostly a rehash.

So let's just close the whole MDR sub-forum until at least a single rifle is delivered, for use, to somebody independent of DT!  Roll Eyes
Ascinder
^

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 02:26:56 PM »

I don't understand. No one in this thread made a remark about being fed up. I am still in the group buy waiting (im)patiently for the MDR. I think many here still are. Can we not turn this thread into another bickerfest? It's just a thread to pass the time and present any distractions you are using to stave off the MDR delivery jitters.

I also bought a Hornady Lock n' Load AP progressive press and a bunch of gear for it. That will make press #7 for me. Anyone looking to get into reloading? Grin
Siris

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 05:40:43 PM »

I don't understand. No one in this thread made a remark about being fed up. I am still in the group buy waiting (im)patiently for the MDR. I think many here still are. Can we not turn this thread into another bickerfest? It's just a thread to pass the time and present any distractions you are using to stave off the MDR delivery jitters.

I also bought a Hornady Lock n' Load AP progressive press and a bunch of gear for it. That will make press #7 for me. Anyone looking to get into reloading? Grin

It's not yet but the usual suspects shall we say

And would love to get into reloading but funds aren't there right now unless someone knows a trick to getting started for cheap. Actually might be an interesting actually MDR related conversation about what sort of loads would work well in such a rifle. I know coldbore did some ammo test with it and maybe he could chime in.

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
TXAG96

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 06:13:27 PM »

I bought an FDE X95 in 300 BLK. Love it so much. I'll still get a .308 MDR eventually. My guess is 18 months.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 10:13:58 PM »

Hmm...I guess buying a 2001 Lotus Esprit might qualify then...

Kurt
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 10:17:39 PM »

I've been thinking about it, but I'm not sure I want to devote the time to perfect it.  The idea of reloading is one that I really like, but the actual application of it, that's where things sort of break down.  If I knew someone local who was into it, that might make a difference, but as it stands I'm pretty much the only person who has an interest in shooting and actually does something about it in my local circle of friends.

Needless to say, they're probably not going to be allowed on the lifeboat should the "waters" rise.  ;-)

Kurt
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length