Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 07:03:20 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Anyone Ever Replace the Cocking Handle Bar in the SAR?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone Ever Replace the Cocking Handle Bar in the SAR?  (Read 769 times)
DanW

« on: June 28, 2017, 11:48:56 PM »

Mine is bent, so I ordered a new one and it arrived today.  It looks like it should be simple, but looks can be decieving.  Any advice from someone who has changed one out would be appreciated!
SteveD

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:05:58 AM »

The long silver/white bar? If that's the case, GET A PUNCH. If memory serves me right, I replace the charging handle with the Manticore Switchback one and it required me to remove the charging handle from the bar (bar and handle stuck in that polymer piece. I tried for like an hour or so using bajank items to punch out the roll pin that secures the handle to the bar. Hey I was new to roll pins back then. Went to home depot and bought a set for less than $10 and it's served me well.
DanW

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:09:26 AM »

The new bar has the handle already on it, so does the handle have to be removed to install it, or dies it slide right in?
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 09:25:23 AM »

The new bar has the handle already on it, so does the handle have to be removed to install it, or dies it slide right in?

You have to drive out the small roll pin that goes through the plastic cocking handle and rod. Use a quality punch because it can be tough to get out.

Gearhead makes a drastically improved cocking handle with a bulletproof steel rod. It makes the stock unit seem cheap and foolish.
DanW

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 02:44:04 PM »

You have to drive out the small roll pin that goes through the plastic cocking handle and rod. Use a quality punch because it can be tough to get out.

Gearhead makes a drastically improved cocking handle with a bulletproof steel rod. It makes the stock unit seem cheap and foolish.

Link to that Gearhead steel rod?  Nevermind, I found it.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:50:01 PM by DanW » Logged
DanW

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 11:34:24 PM »

Fixed it today and took it to the range for function check.  Worked like a charm, so it is back to fully operational!
Screwball

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 08:35:27 AM »

Link to that Gearhead steel rod?  Nevermind, I found it.  Thanks!

Definitely recommend the GHW setup...

Cleans that side of the gun up very well. Fold up the handle, and the rifle lays flat... instead of up on a kick stand. Also makes putting in soft cases easier.

Was going to post pictures, but Photobucket stopped allowing me to. Got to switch to another service, so will try to put up pictures if I remember.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length