Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:37:54 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  308 Tavor teaser on IWI FB
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: 308 Tavor teaser on IWI FB  (Read 12464 times)
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2017, 06:03:29 PM »

Do u think they will put this tavor 7 in for military trials for the 308 platform?
I think this is just for the civilian market

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2017, 06:10:53 PM »

Do u think they will put this tavor 7 in for military trials for the 308 platform?

This is what will determine if I will buy one or not.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2017, 06:15:49 PM »

This is what will determine if I will buy one or not.
I'm sure iwi has tested this for a couple of yrs. Or more.

Just like any other rifle I'm sure it will work fine. Plus the short stroke gas system isn't a new thing.

If it's been tested properly then it should be fine.
It doesn't have to be in the military in order to be successful.
Now don't get me wrong,  it would be nice if it was or they plan on trying to get military contracts for it.

BigDave76

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2017, 09:07:33 AM »

Well, I bought an X95 yesterday. But damn, I would have waited if I knew this was coming about. This one has the best features in my opinion. Here's what I thought of the other rifles:

And this is why this 308 rifle is so damn amazing (for me), and I want it:

Maybe if I can at least get the 308 Tav Cutlass grip and setup on my X95... that would make me happy enough.

Edit: Looking more closely at the 308, those may not be BUI's. Also... the shell deflector is in a forward position, and not rear like the other Tav's.

AND the charging handle doubles as a bolt catch release... like... how much more great does this gun get?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:11:15 AM by BigDave76 » Logged
dntam

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2017, 09:57:51 AM »

I would like to get that safety for my x95.
BigDave76

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2017, 10:04:32 AM »

I would like to get that safety for my x95.

I think it should fit. X95 has a lot of customization promise, so maybe IWI will offer the 308 safety and features as a separate purchase.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »

Well, I bought an X95 yesterday. But damn, I would have waited if I knew this was coming about. This one has the best features in my opinion. Here's what I thought of the other rifles:

And this is why this 308 rifle is so damn amazing (for me), and I want it:

Maybe if I can at least get the 308 Tav Cutlass grip and setup on my X95... that would make me happy enough.

Edit: Looking more closely at the 308, those may not be BUI's. Also... the shell deflector is in a forward position, and not rear like the other Tav's.

AND the charging handle doubles as a bolt catch release... like... how much more great does this gun get?
The buis are not close together like that. It will be same has the tavor/x95.

But I can't wait until it comes out and see reviews on it

Razvedka

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2017, 01:49:33 PM »

I'm not digging the SAR influences in the .308 Tavor. Why not just stick to what they have in the X95? That was the 'evolution' and 'improvement' over the SAR.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »

I'm not digging the SAR influences in the .308 Tavor. Why not just stick to what they have in the X95? That was the 'evolution' and 'improvement' over the SAR.

Interesting observation.  However, when I see a SAR and an X95, I see the same slab-sided, bullpup style rifle.  There's a tweak here and there, but it's nothing like looking at the profile differences between the Tavor/X95 and an AUG for example.  People are different, however, and that's what preferences are all about.

I do think your assessment of the classification "improvement" might not really apply...at least to these civilian versions of the SAR and X95.  Most all the differences are based on either legal requirements or just preference based on controls and their locations.  The civilian X95 is more of morph from the SBR military weapon while the SAR is probably more akin to the more standard battle rifle (M)TAR-21.  At their foundation the civilian versions are basically the same gun. 

My only gripe with both the SAR and X95 is with the "sore thumb" charging handle which is worse with the SAR due to its location out toward the muzzle.  Obviously GH's folding handle solved my issue with my SAR just as Manticore's folding Switchback did with my AUG.

I don't know...some of these issues are just visual and ergonomic preferences rather than true performance, but let's face it, those can be pretty big deals for lots of us.
racky
^

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2017, 09:16:04 PM »

I hope that IWI will offer many different cartridge options (they might be forced to, to compete with the MDR ) it would be great to see 6.5 Creedmore,7.62x39, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8, 7mm--etc.
boscoman

« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »

I think the "wish" list of everything that people wants for this new rifle are being overly optimistic. IWI first & foremost builds weapons systems that will be used by the IDF & LE in Israel, then around the world for military contracts. We are an optional after thought that they are slowly realizing puts $$ in the coffers, but we don't determine their business decisions. Just my 2 cents.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2017, 09:37:16 PM »

I think the "wish" list of everything that people wants for this new rifle are being overly optimistic. IWI first & foremost builds weapons systems that will be used by the IDF & LE in Israel, then around the world for military contracts. We are an optional after thought that they are slowly realizing puts $$ in the coffers, but we don't determine their business decisions. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, tend to agree with that pretty much.  Heck, I'd just be happy to get a true IWI .308 bullpup that works and is as reliable as our Tavors.  The one pictured looks fine to me as long as it performs.
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2017, 09:46:52 PM »

Funny how tat improvement is less accurate than the X95. I think that was the driving factor of the .308. It needs to be accurate and the SAR is just that.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2017, 05:51:51 PM »

We know have the MDR coming out soon. And the Atrax will be released soon probably.
Good competition.

adoloris

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2017, 06:17:05 PM »

MDR has been "coming out soon" for a very long time now...

"Love never fails!"
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »

MDR has been "coming out soon" for a very long time now...
😂 it seems it's finally coming out finally

adoloris

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2017, 08:39:16 PM »

IWI has repeatedly delivered battle proven designs to the market on time and at a price point that attracts many buyers. DT is probably quite worried about the competition.

"Love never fails!"
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2017, 09:48:50 PM »

IWI has repeatedly delivered battle proven designs to the market on time and at a price point that attracts many buyers. DT is probably quite worried about the competition.
Well dt needed the money. So they needed the pre order money to do so. Im assuming.

Iwi is a military company and already has the money.
So dt is in a huge disadvantage from the get go.

But if dt is successful, the trigger is nice and shots moa or better,  I'm sure it will sell.  I hope they are successful so that way we can have competition. The more the better. It will force other companies to make better bullpups and it could be cheaper.

The only thing about dt, its not used in the military. But supposedly they were shopping their MDR to a military.

SteveD

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2017, 04:11:45 AM »

I'm sooooo glad they went with the SAR look and not the X95. My lord is the butt of the x95 UGGGLY compared to the SAR. Lines and curves are good  Wink no straight, boxy rectangles.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2017, 05:12:51 AM »

I wonder if the weight will be more centered heavy Vs being more back heavy

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length