Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 12:31:40 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  308 Tavor teaser on IWI FB
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: 308 Tavor teaser on IWI FB  (Read 8969 times)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »

I think a lot of us are just used to chicken-winging it with an AR, whereas a bullpup allows a more natural arm position.

* twds3e03_22-tfb.jpg (294.13 KB, 900x506 - viewed 105 times.)

* Picture 9.png (739.63 KB, 796x460 - viewed 110 times.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:41:44 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »

.308 Tavor next year

Good job by IWI.......
dutch5454
New Posting Member

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2017, 03:29:41 PM »

LGS has a FDE x95 in 300 Blackout. It would be a perfect mate for my 5.56 FDE x95. Now I have another variant to add to the rationalization process.  Cheesy

I'm sure that there will be long line of pre-orders.
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2017, 04:09:46 PM »

I have a green SAR, an FDE X95 300blk, and I'll get the .308 in black.
Menace667

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2017, 12:50:12 PM »

I'm thinking a OD 308 is in my future.
Dogmeat

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »

I have an OD SAR, so most likely will go with FDE 18".
The Heretic

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2017, 10:34:03 AM »

More details:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/07/03/new-iwi-tavor-7-308-win-official-details/

Caliber: 7.62 NATO/.308 Win
• Barrel: CHF/CL 1:12 twist with a 16″ barrel; 1:10 with 18″ barrel
• OAL: 26.75″ with 16″ barrel (without flash suppressor)
• Weight: 8.6 Lbs.
• Optional calibers & Conversion Kits: TBD
• Colors: Black, FDE and OD Green

Features (muzzle to butt):
• Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24
• 4 position variable gas regulator (including off)
• Upper forend: 2 MLOK slots at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock
• Lower forend: Removable SAR styled forend cover that exposes one integral pic rail at    6  o’clock when removed.
• Charging handle lockable in open position, similar to an MP5.
• Full length one piece Picatinny (Mil-Spec) top rail with integral folding BUIS; Tritium front post.
• Cutlass style grip modifiable to pistol grip with traditional trigger guard; same as X95.
• Short stroke gas piston (unlike our long stroke SAR and X95).
• Uses LR/SR25 magazines and comes with one 20-round Magpul PMAG with window (in states without capacity restrictions; 10 round for restricted states).
• Bolt release is Tavor SAR style along centerline or release from MP5 style charging handle
• Fire control group is not interchangeable with SAR or X95.

Ambidextrous Features:
• Ambidextrous bolt; no opposite hand bolt needed for conversion to opposite hand operation. No need to return the gun to IWI US for opposite hand conversion and head space checking.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) magazine release position like our X95, similar to an AR-15.
• Ambidextrous charging handle with push through receiver functionality. No need for tools or any disassembly.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) safety selector with a 45 degree rotation (unlike 90 degrees on our SAR and X95).
• Ambidextrous (all the time) bolt release behind magazine; similar to the Tavor SAR.
• Ejection port covers are user configurable in the field with a simple slide of the case deflector.
tavor hollow

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2017, 09:56:01 PM »

This is good news....but I had resigned myself to the fact iwi would never make a. 308 and started finding much value in the k&n m17s. 308. It seems simple and an uncomplicated strip 2 pins. I am thrilled with the tavor 308 but the k&n looks good also! I have a keltec rfb which is fantastic except for reliability soooo what to do?Huh?
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »

I think a lot of us are just used to chicken-winging it with an AR, whereas a bullpup allows a more natural arm position.

nah, I disagree.  I never chicken wing any guns it feels awkward, I also fully extend my AR stocks whenever I shoot them.
The Tavors LOP is too long in my opinion, the SBR law is BS, and with a thin pad the LOP on the TavorX95 is perfect.  I am also 6' tall, and if I try to shoot an AR with the stock retracted it is too short for me to even get a cheekweld on the stock, let alone shoot.  
That's all just relative to personal preferences though.

In regards to the 308 gun, it seems awesome.. But I am not convinced it will be great because it looks like they are making a bas-tard gun for civilian sales, where as the Tavors and X95s are actually military service weapons that have been put through trial by fire..
It will be interesting to see the results, and I do have high confidence that it will be a great rifle.

With all that said, I would personally trust the IWI 308 bullpup over any other manufacturers 308 bullpup since I have had such great experience with IWI.  Their customer service is also top notch.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:54:34 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »

nah, I disagree.  I never chicken wing any guns it feels awkward, I also fully extend my AR stocks whenever I shoot them.
The Tavors LOP is too long in my opinion, the SBR law is BS, and with a thin pad the LOP on the TavorX95 is perfect.  I am also 6' tall, and if I try to shoot an AR with the stock retracted it is too short for me to even get a cheekweld on the stock, let alone shoot.  
That's all just relative to personal preferences though.

Hey I agree. I keep the stock collapsed as far as I can on my AR to keep the OAL as short as possible and to help bring in the ACOG with its short eye relief. That said, I much prefer the stock fully extended (I'm 6'4"). My point was just that many people do train with an AR with the stock either fully or mostly collapsed and with a high grip, Costa-style (NOT my preferred way of shooting at all). I think the LOP on an X95 with the thin buttpad is perfect as well, but I do find the regular Tavor's LOP to be totally comfortable. My photoshopped pictures were more about changing the look of the gun, which seems better to me with a buttpad than just being straight cut. That's a cosmetic thing though--not a practical one (and who knows if the Tavor 7's buttpad will even be compatible with the SAR's). I'm sure having a thicker buttpad on it would make the LOP too much for most people.

P.S. Part of what makes the thicker X95 buttpad so bad is its shape, which I don't find comfortable at all for rolling up into the shoulder, and also its material. That thick rubber pencil eraser is awful.

P.P.S. The SBR law is indeed BS. After HPA passes, there needs to be a movement on getting rid of the SBR thing as well.

* JTMZN7N.jpg (269.47 KB, 1280x853 - viewed 72 times.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:34:53 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
gunhand

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2017, 02:35:35 PM »

Just hurry and take my money!!!!!!
cjgemm
^

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2017, 07:35:03 PM »

Have the barrel twists wrong....
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2017, 08:01:36 PM »

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out.

18" should be 1:12 and 16" should be 1:10.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:06:05 PM by Mindless-Focus » Logged
cjgemm
^

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2017, 09:38:01 PM »

Or just make them both 1:10 and be done...
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »

Poll on IWI's page for twist rate. Looks like 16" and 20" barrels now.
boscoman

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2017, 04:28:13 PM »

I would hope with this configuration & a 20" barrel that accuracy will be a goal of this weapon. If it should be as accurate as say a M1A with a 20" barrel that would be absolutely awesome. One can hope.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
blottogg

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2017, 08:34:59 AM »

With a new gas system (adjustable, short-stroke piston) I'm wondering if they free-floated the barrel?  A 20" free-floated barrel on a 7.62mm Tavor makes a strong case for a DMR, which I would be very interested in.  Down the road, accommodating 6.5 Creedmoor should be as simple as a barrel swap (then there's the decision of 7.62 for its ubiquity, or 6.5 for its flatter ballistics).  I like that it's using PMags too.  Using G3 magazines wouldn't be a problem politically, as Israel and Germany are (usually) allies these days.  I don't know how many G3 magazines are getting made these days though, while Magpul is cranking out 7.62mm PMags at a fairly good clip.  As a suppressor running southpaw, I'm digging the truly ambi bolt, as well as the user-swappable ejection and charging handle, along with the more suppressor friendly gas system.

I'm getting that same feeling I got four+ years ago when I started looking around for a 5.56mm bullpup and found plans for the Tavor to come to the US market...time to go back to Ramen for dinner to save money, I guess.
blottogg

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2017, 02:25:54 AM »

• Ejection port covers are user configurable in the field with a simple slide of the case deflector.

Looks like JD, Heavy and issues were right.  What looks like a misplaced brass deflector on the non-ejecting side actually *is* a brass deflector slid forward to cover the port with an attached cover.  To swap, pull the cover on the side you want to eject brass towards back, and push the other brass deflector forward to slide the attached cover closed.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of pivot mechanism connecting the two to prevent having both ports open (or worse, closed) at the same time.  That's pretty slick.  Don't know how that's mechanized to the bolt's extractor/ejector though.  That also means that the gun might not be able to be run without the brass deflectors, so my old trick for running a suppressor is a non-starter here.  The adjustable gas block makes that mod OBE, in any case.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »

With a new gas system (adjustable, short-stroke piston) I'm wondering if they free-floated the barrel?  A 20" free-floated barrel on a 7.62mm Tavor makes a strong case for a DMR, which I would be very interested in.  Down the road, accommodating 6.5 Creedmoor should be as simple as a barrel swap (then there's the decision of 7.62 for its ubiquity, or 6.5 for its flatter ballistics).  I like that it's using PMags too.  Using G3 magazines wouldn't be a problem politically, as Israel and Germany are (usually) allies these days.  I don't know how many G3 magazines are getting made these days though, while Magpul is cranking out 7.62mm PMags at a fairly good clip.  As a suppressor running southpaw, I'm digging the truly ambi bolt, as well as the user-swappable ejection and charging handle, along with the more suppressor friendly gas system.

I'm getting that same feeling I got four+ years ago when I started looking around for a 5.56mm bullpup and found plans for the Tavor to come to the US market...time to go back to Ramen for dinner to save money, I guess.
Lol ramen?  Don't forget the eggs to

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Tvfreakarms

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2017, 06:02:34 PM »

I'm excited for this tavor 7. They should also make a white cerakote version.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length