Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 12:32:04 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  308 Tavor teaser on IWI FB
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: 308 Tavor teaser on IWI FB  (Read 8970 times)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2017, 05:58:12 PM »

Just for the heck of it, I photoshopped a Tavor SAR buttpad onto the Tavor 7. Makes it look a little less awkward to my eyes. I imagine they went with the flat buttpad to decrease the LOP.

* tavor7SARbuttpad.jpg (96.5 KB, 960x640 - viewed 166 times.)

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Heavy

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »

If you take requests. How about the manticore buttpad.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2017, 08:50:14 PM »

If you take requests. How about the manticore buttpad.

sculpture

* tavor7manticorebuttpad.jpg (96.13 KB, 960x640 - viewed 150 times.)

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Heavy

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2017, 09:45:18 PM »

Now thats a good looking pup. Thanks
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2017, 10:57:29 PM »

The LoP seems a little too long with the pads. I'm digging it tho. Hope the cut shoulders and reliefs into the barrel for cans. 
Dogmeat

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2017, 09:14:18 AM »

Nice! Definitely interested in a group buy.
azklaus

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2017, 11:03:17 AM »

Surprised this hasn't come up... does this mean IWI is abandoning the .300 blackout conversions for the SAR? It seems that they'd rather offer a totally new gun at this point
stickyhb
^

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2017, 11:26:22 AM »

Extremely happy with this news from IWI. I respectfully suggest two things from IWI.
1. 18.5" barrel as option right out of the gate or very soon after.
2. Never...ever, take a picture of the Tavor 7 with Santa or a Christmas tree in the same frame.  It would bring up bad memories that have yet to be overcome. Unless of course its the real Santa and you take the picture in front of my tree with my rifle being handed to me on Christmas Day. That may go along way to helping the scars to heal.

Thank You!!
boscoman

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »

I'm happy with a 16 & 18 inch barrel. What I would rather see than an 18.5 inch is an optional 20 inch barrel. Hoping & taking the assumption with the gas block being able to be turned off that they are putting some considerable effort into making this an accurate rifle at distance.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
WarMachine4X4

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »

This is fantastic news.  I was really hoping for the MDR. I thought its design was great, especially with the forward ejection.  It's too bad the way it's been going with that though, appearing to be stringing everyone along.

I think that the bullpup design's advantages will stand out even more in calibers such as .308 and higher.

I myself would opt for the longer barrel and tighter twist rate although I too think that 20" would be even better.  It would have been great if they could have designed it to use G3 magazines which are plentiful and dirt cheap, but I'm not sure what the feelings would be for an Israeli company to use magazines of German design or manufacture. 

I'd like a Manticore butt pad as well. I'm sure that the aftermarket will develop great things for this one very quickly.  Companies like Maticore and Gear Head Works  have put out some really great products with quick development.  I'd hope that the Tavor Podium would work on this, but I wonder if a more traditional forward mount bi-pod would be better suited in .308 and above.

When other calibers come out I'd suggest 6.5 Creedmoor as an option
boscoman

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2017, 04:24:51 PM »

The Tavor Podium will not fit this rifle. They stated that the grip is based off of the X95 which will not accept it. I would thing that a standard bi pod will be more useful on this platform.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Verfed

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2017, 05:50:58 PM »

I'm not really a photoshopper but I wanted to see what it would look like with the pistol grip. Makes the nose look disproportionately fatter. Now that's a TAR/X95 hybrid!

* תבור 7 עם ידית שניה.jpg (85.53 KB, 895x293 - viewed 142 times.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:33:15 PM by Verfed » Logged
adoloris

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2017, 06:11:47 PM »

Love the pistol grip... that is how I run my X95.
Goodbye SR762. Hello Tavor!

"Love never fails!"
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2017, 08:50:39 PM »

I'm not really a photoshopper but I wanted to see what it would look like with the pistol grip. Makes the nose look disproportionately fatter. Now that's a TAR/X95 hybrid!

Nice! Looks good with the pistol grip.

Mindless-Focus

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2017, 10:37:30 PM »

I'm torn. 18" or 16" barrel? Is there an advantage over one twist rate over the other on each of the barrels?
BoulderTroll

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2017, 11:54:26 PM »

I'm happy with my Tavor SAR, but I always appreciate new designs.  One issue I see is the LOP.  The Tavor already has a LOP that is about an inch longer than "standard"...with an even longer action, I'm afraid this gun will be unwieldy.  As in, forget about using it if you're wearing a plate carrier.   Cheesy
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2017, 12:34:37 AM »

I'm happy with my Tavor SAR, but I always appreciate new designs.  One issue I see is the LOP.  The Tavor already has a LOP that is about an inch longer than "standard"...with an even longer action, I'm afraid this gun will be unwieldy.  As in, forget about using it if you're wearing a plate carrier.   Cheesy

It is longer, but with the weight to the rear it's totally manageable. When I use an AR, it has a very short LOP because I collapse the stock almost completely in to both keep the overall length of the weapon shorter and to help bring all that front-heavy weight in closer to make it easier to handle. With the Tavor, I've never had a problem with the LOP being longer. I think a lot of us are just used to chicken-winging it with an AR, whereas a bullpup allows a more natural arm position.

boscoman

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2017, 01:06:49 AM »

I've done a number of classes with the Tavor & a plate carrier, never an issue & I am not a very big person (only 5'7").

SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2017, 01:15:23 AM »

. . .  I think a lot of us are just used to chicken-winging it with an AR, whereas a bullpup allows a more natural arm position.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:18:43 AM by SHORT-N-SASSY » Logged
l2a3

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2017, 09:21:42 AM »

It looks like they are holding the "chicken wings" comfortable and not tight which would give them a more solid stance; and they do not hit door or window frames when passing through, unlike shooting with a high wing.   Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length