Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2017, 06:37:17 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  308 Tavor teaser on IWI FB
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: 308 Tavor teaser on IWI FB  (Read 5677 times)
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 10:23:21 PM »

Wild guess here, but does anyone else think the block in front of the ejection port could be a case deflector put on backwards by accident? That's most likely not right, any other guesses?

IWI isn't going to make mistake like that on their first public image of a new gun. I think it's a spring/rubber gasket loaded adjustable cover.
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

Always Ready - even 4 the - zombie apocalypse

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 11:04:56 PM »

ok, been waiting for this since I bailed on the MDT group buy a year and a half ago.

Lets get the cart before the horse here - conversions:

338 Lapua

308 win mag

50AE

I purchased a bunch of mags and 308 when WAITING for the MDT,  now I will finally be able to use them
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 11:28:29 PM »

Wild guess here, but does anyone else think the block in front of the ejection port could be a case deflector put on backwards by accident? That's most likely not right, any other guesses?

LOL!...that thought crossed my mind as it does look a bit like a case deflector...but...I could not imagine that IWI would make such a boo-boo on a photo like this.  It's gotta be a component for some other use.
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:16 PM »

Forward assist? It's by the bolt.
boscoman

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 11:52:46 PM »

Don't hold your breath on that forward assist. IWI doesn't feel the need... because there  isn't a need.

I like this & have been waiting for it since first reading about it years ago. The only change that I would like to see is a rail system on the rifle like we have on the X95. Much better for lights, bipods, etc.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 12:17:37 AM »

I agree. If any side charger isn't in battery rack it back in. Just threw it out there.
issues

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 11:36:48 AM »

The details:

TAVOR 7

Yesterday we posted a "teaser" on our new TAVOR 7 and your response has been huge!

Many of you have asked several questions about this new model. We will attempt to answer some of them here:

Specifications:
Caliber: 7.62 NATO/.308 Win
Barrel: CHF/CL 1:12 twist with a 16" barrel; 1:10 with 18" barrel
OAL: 26.75" with 16" barrel (without flash suppressor)
Weight: 8.6 Lbs.
Optional calibers & Conversion Kits: TBD
Colors: Black, FDE and OD Green

Features (muzzle to butt):
Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24
4 position variable gas regulator (including off)
Upper forend: 2 MLOK slots at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock
Lower forend: Removable SAR styled forend cover that exposes one integral pic rail at 6 o'clock when removed.
Charging handle lockable in open position, similar to an MP5.
Full length one piece Picatinny (Mil-Spec) top rail with integral folding BUIS; Tritium front post.
Cutlass style grip modifiable to pistol grip with traditional trigger guard; same as X95.
Short stroke gas piston (unlike our long stroke SAR and X95).
Uses LR/SR25 magazines and comes with one 20-round Magpul PMAG with window (in states without capacity restrictions; 10 round for restricted states).
Bolt release is Tavor SAR style along centerline or release from MP5 style charging handle
Fire control group is not interchangeable with SAR or X95.

Ambidextrous Features:
Ambidextrous bolt; no opposite hand bolt needed for conversion to opposite hand operation. No need to return the gun to IWI US for opposite hand conversion and head space checking.
Ambidextrous (all the time) magazine release position like our X95, similar to an AR-15.
Ambidextrous charging handle with push through receiver functionality. No need for tools or any disassembly.
Ambidextrous (all the time) safety selector with a 450 rotation (unlike 900 on our SAR and X95).
Ambidextrous (all the time) bolt release behind magazine; similar to the Tavor SAR.
Ejection port covers are user configurable in the field with a simple slide of the case deflector.

Launch Date: First shipments projected to start in January, 2018.
AZ-Chris

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »

I'm going to be all over this once it's released!   Shocked

I'd definitely get on board with a group buy.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »

Charging handle lockable in open position, similar to an MP5.
Bolt release is Tavor SAR style along centerline or release from MP5 style charging handle

So the charging handle does lock back in that notch. I was right!

I bet the choice to do this has something to do with that other .308 bullpup that will be this Tavor's main competition (if that ever actually starts to ship).

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
DILLIGAF

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 12:32:35 PM »

starscream
^

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 12:36:53 PM »

daddy like!!!!!
Heavy

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2017, 02:02:10 PM »

So left to right hand, all you do is; push through the charging handle, slide current ejection side forward, then slide new side back......
Trying to decide if i still care about forward or down ejection... Undecided
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2017, 03:13:53 PM »

Btw, anyone notice the notch for locking back the charging handle?

Unsure if that is for that... it still has the bolt release by the trigger pack.

Maybe they are doing a charging handle like the ARX... which can be swapped from side to side.

BINGO

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2017, 03:21:32 PM »

Left side cover box point thing mystery is to quickly take cover off tho reverse for left hand.
issues

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2017, 03:26:19 PM »

Left side cover box point thing mystery is to quickly take cover off tho reverse for left hand.

I think it slides open and closed on both sides so you can change ejection without tools.
Practicool

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2017, 03:37:02 PM »

Really like the updates, though personally have no interest a 7.62 platform.

45 degree safety, adjustable gas block, tool-less charging handle and ejection port swap.... wow!

I prefer my SAR to the X95, but these updates are very appealing.  Almost wish they'd re-release the SAR like this, or just make a new iteration that is full hybrid SAR/X95 with these upgrades.

But please, I like my old SAR mag release... so much practice, so smooth, so fast. Smiley
Menace667

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »

I hope the trigger pack is the same or a nice Geoslle or Shooting Sights pack is immediately available. This 308 with a bow and pack will be badass
boscoman

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2017, 04:13:38 PM »

I've waited this long, January won't be too bad... I guess. At least now I will have a rifle for my ELCAN DR. Jeez I hate delayed gratification. Angry

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Menace667

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2017, 04:53:28 PM »

I've waited this long, January won't be too bad... I guess. At least now I will have a rifle for my ELCAN DR. Jeez I hate delayed gratification. Angry

An Elcan DR 1-4 will be perfect on this. I may be more excited for this than the MDR as IWI can make it happen.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2017, 05:36:10 PM »

I hope the trigger pack is the same or a nice Geoslle or Shooting Sights pack is immediately available. This 308 with a bow and pack will be badass

"Fire control group is not interchangeable with SAR or X95."

I'm sure Geissele will be quick to put out a trigger pack for this though. Maybe we'll even see a binary trigger at some point.  blasting

Regarding an updated SAR/X95 hybrid--this is it man. I promise you there'll be a 5.56 conversion kit for this eventually.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length