Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 01:48:32 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  Desert Tactical Arms SRS, SRS Covert, HTI
| | |-+  Reloading for DTS Covert in 308
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reloading for DTS Covert in 308  (Read 1477 times)
PJT
New Posting Member

« on: June 23, 2017, 04:56:56 PM »

Hi, have just purchased a DTS Covert in 308, intend to use it for both Target and Hunting. Can anyone advise what factory ammunition this will like. Potentially until I can develop a round but any pointers on reloading recipies would also be appreciated as I do not really want to re-invent the wheel. Do not believe I could afford to use the DTS ammo, even if it were to be available over hear in UK. Seen in an earlier post that 178gn Hornaday Amax gave goo results, but would prefer something in the region of 150 gn, thanks for any help.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:26:10 PM »

Keep in mind the factory 16" covert barrel has a faster twist rate. Generally that leads to better performance out of longer (heavier) bullets.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
PJT
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 02:35:57 AM »

Thanks Gear Head, have seen a report of someone getting good results from 175gn Hornaday Amax and know DTS use 175gn with their Ammunition. Picking up the rifle this week so will use this as a starter. Thanks again.
300winmag

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 08:42:58 PM »

Why waste money on a .308 Win. barrel when you could have a ballistically superior 6.5 Creedmoor  cartridge that has the same bolt face and magazine?

Eric B.

PJT
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:58:05 PM »

Eric, you know the 6.5, I don't. So sticking with what I know and using the equipment I currently have. As time progresses may have the opportunity to look at other Calibres.

cheers
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length