Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 02:02:41 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Petition to IWI US to release the classic X95 IDF front handguard
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: Should IWI US release the classic IDF-style front handguard for the X95?
Yes   -45 (93.8%)
No   -3 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Petition to IWI US to release the classic X95 IDF front handguard  (Read 13340 times)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2018, 05:52:54 PM »

Dubagel--yep, I will chop the top rail for sure if they don't end up offering the shorter one for this setup. I can clean it up well and have it re-anodized. I'm more concerned about the top rail piece for the round handguard and integrated front sight... those would be harder to make. Hopefully IWI will just include them with the IDF handguard itself.

I have an IDF model SAR so I do have the Mepro MX3 attachment piece and BUIS, but I want to make this into an X95L clone, so I'll be using an ACOG and riser rail. That and I love my IDF SAR as is and would never part it out.

Jack Flag--I agree. I get that the civvie X95 is good to go practically speaking--the longer front handguard gives people more room for attachments and the rubber pencil eraser buttpad helps keep the ejection further from your face when offhanded shooting, but it never looked right to me. But since hearing that IWI is finally planning to offer the round handguard, I just picked up an X95 last week... Smiley

We're kidding ourselves if we say we don't buy guns to a large degree for the sake of their aesthetics...

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2018, 03:20:51 PM »

Looks like some promising news has been popping up about this lately:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tavor/comments/7spomv/iwi_has_confirmed_with_me_that_they_will/

Several people have mentioned this in a recent thread here as well. Hopefully it happens and we'll have some legit IDF X95 clones very soon!

Thanks IWI!

Btw IWI, if you're listening... please offer a version with the low profile top rail and flip-up sight built in, and a shorter upper top rail for the optic, as in the first picture below...

And while I'm at it, how about some X95L clone parts like the taller top rail and plastic piece for the harris bipod and vertical grip as in the second picture below?

Those clueless tacti-f**k idiots in the comments are the reason why IWI didnít want to release these from the start.
Verfed

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2018, 05:58:26 AM »

Those clueless tacti-f**k idiots in the comments are the reason why IWI didnít want to release these from the start.

What do you mean? I'm also curious how they'll release the round handguard and how it will fit in with the rail.

* 20160202_140405.jpg (1463.61 KB, 1875x1821 - viewed 302 times.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:09:32 AM by Verfed » Logged
DubageL

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2018, 07:31:45 AM »

If they end up not selling the middle rail pictured, you can still make it by cutting off the front and rear of the rail. Only thing is that you would lose the rear BUIS. Which isnít that big a deal in that you still need to remove the optic to use the built in rear BUIS.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:34:45 AM by DubageL » Logged
diescheize11

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »

Isn't it true that they are using the new square hand guards(short?) on the real deal issued IDF X95s now? or is that US civvie only... Man, I actually prefer the square haha.
DubageL

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2018, 12:20:52 PM »

I know they are selling/exporting military x95ís with the square picantinny railed handguards. I was in Israel recently and saw lots of x95ís, military and all were the round ones.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2018, 12:21:55 PM »

Isn't it true that they are using the new square hand guards(short?) on the real deal issued IDF X95s now? or is that US civvie only... Man, I actually prefer the square haha.

That is true from what I've heard. I do like the square version a lot too--it looks really sharp. But we'd like having the option of getting the older rounded style too for the sake of the classic look.

Verfed--I hope they release a rail kit like the one on the middle X95 in your pic, with the integrated front sight similar to the IDF16 model SAR. I know IWI US already has the round handguard with full top rail like the bottom X95 in your pic--it was shown in Larry Vicker's video on the X95 series.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:23:31 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2018, 02:45:53 PM »

Bumparoni.

Dear IWI,

This thread was started one year ago. We're still here and we still want the proper Israeli IDF round handguards for our X95s. We won't stop asking until it happens.

Have a very nice day getting our Tavor 7s etc. ready.

Thank you,
X95 ENTHUSIASTS OF BULLPUP FORUM

RebellionOnIce

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2018, 07:22:35 PM »

^
What he said.
Jc0228

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2018, 07:28:54 AM »

Yes; i'd like a round handguard and short rail as well.
whitetail

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2018, 08:30:44 PM »

Still waiting on them myself, Working on weaking these rail covers i'm making so that we atleast have a Facsimile of the round handguards. I just sent a revised file off to the guy who has been 3d printing them for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length