Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:10:32 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Petition to IWI US to release the classic X95 IDF front handguard
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Should IWI US release the classic IDF-style front handguard for the X95?
Yes   -33 (94.3%)
No   -2 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Petition to IWI US to release the classic X95 IDF front handguard  (Read 2978 times)
BellatorInvictus

« on: June 19, 2017, 12:52:09 PM »

Many of us who are into building military clone rifles, or who simply prefer the looks of the classic IDF X95, would really appreciate the option of buying the older, rounded front handguard for this rifle. Currently IWI US, to my knowledge, has no intention of producing these. The newer style handguard (short or long version) does include built-in quad rails, but many still prefer the classic look of the older style and would be very happy to have the option of adding it to their rifles.

So what say you? If you'd be interested in purchasing this style of front handguard for your X95, choose "YES" in the poll above! If we get enough interest here, I'll forward this thread via email to IWI US and let them know they have a market for this.

For reference, I'm attaching a well-known picture found on Google showing the older style handguard.

* Untitled1.png (944.03 KB, 762x504 - viewed 638 times.)

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:49:44 PM »

I'd like to see that offered for sale, the IDF top rail would be nice too.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 02:38:52 PM »

I'd like to see that offered for sale, the IDF top rail would be nice too.

I hear you on that one. It also has a rise to it, like a lot of the aftermarket rails. There is a plastic piece as well that holds the vertical grip and Harris bipod to the handguard--it would be nice if that were available too.

IWI US: Please just make available any of the furniture and accessories on the IDF weapons that you can so we clone enthusiasts can have our cake and eat it too.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
pokemon1989

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »

This is one of the reasons I haven't bought one yet.  The new handguard is ugly and not what i expected. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THX1138

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 08:34:07 PM »

Sure, but looks much better with a one piece top rail.

* IWI-X95-L-Flattop-5.56mm.jpg (471.91 KB, 1717x1156 - viewed 186 times.)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 09:48:35 PM »

Sure, but looks much better with a one piece top rail.

The other one has a rail on top as well, but it's lower down on the hand guard to allow a light to be mounted without obstructing the optic. Personally I'd prefer that style since I'm going for that X95L + ACOG look. Either way, as long as IWI releases the older hand guard itself, there will be ways to get a one-piece top rail for it. Like RadScorpius mentioned earlier, the IDF rails in general are something IWI should look into offering.

Something I forgot to mention earlier--this older style hand guard would allow the use of integral suppressors for the 9mm conversion--something the SBR folks might be interested in.

* Untitled5.png (844.18 KB, 504x841 - viewed 135 times.)

* Untitled10-355x571-1.png (378.41 KB, 355x571 - viewed 87 times.)

* iwi1.jpg (59.03 KB, 650x258 - viewed 150 times.)

THX1138

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 10:20:34 PM »

The other one has a rail on top as well, but it's lower down on the hand guard to allow a light to be mounted without obstructing the optic.

Yep, I'm just not a fan of the two different heights like that. It just looks too prototype to me. That's probably why IWI refined it some, and then ultimately redesigned it to what it currently is. Here's another good shot with the one piece top rail. Flashlight setup still works too.

* IWI-X95-L-Flattop-5.56mm-.jpg (276.76 KB, 1852x1102 - viewed 106 times.)
Rastoff

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 11:34:23 PM »

I wish you well with this petition. Can't you get the part from over seas?

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 12:24:23 AM »

I wish you well with this petition. Can't you get the part from over seas?

I don't think IWI IL would sell them direct like that. I also wonder if there would be issues with importing a part like this due to 922r... (having more than 10 imported parts on a non-sporting semi-auto rifle is verboten). Depending upon how many imported parts IWI already uses in the Tavors, it could make your X95 illegal if it's directly from Israel, even though it's a harmless piece of plastic.  Roll Eyes

Thanks for the support so far, gents. 10 already! Keep those "yes" votes coming... Let's make it 100.

rjhyland

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 07:50:23 PM »

Yes
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:15:47 PM by rjhyland » Logged
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 07:51:00 AM »

Since we are petitioning, can we petition them to fix the 300BO barrel? As is, it's kind of a broken gun.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »

Since we are petitioning, can we petition them to fix the 300BO barrel? As is, it's kind of a broken gun.

What's wrong with it? I've only ever shot the 5.56 versions of the SAR and X95.

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 10:53:16 AM »

I think the round handgaurd is being discontinued over there in favor of the new one like we are already getting. I could be wrong but I've seen pictures of new X95's in military trim with the new style. But I also wanted the round style for my own use.  Tongue

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »

I think the round handgaurd is being discontinued over there in favor of the new one like we are already getting. I could be wrong but I've seen pictures of new X95's in military trim with the new style. But I also wanted the round style for my own use.  Tongue

That's what I've heard as well. That may make things more difficult, but anything is still possible. I guess we're the "retro" crowd now as far as X95s are concerned. Cheesy Even if the newer handguards are now the ones being produced exclusively, the molds for the older ones must still exist somewhere. IWI US released the ribbed "IDF" grip panels for the X95, even though those are also being phased out in favor of the newer knurled style (AFAIK).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:00:31 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged

Mindless-Focus

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 02:23:27 PM »

What's wrong with it? I've only ever shot the 5.56 versions of the SAR and X95.

The 300 has no relief cut on the thread nor a shoulder. You can't put a suppressor on it with out really finagling it or having a gunsmith modify it.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 03:46:23 PM »

Bump in celebration of the .308 Tavor announcement... Keep those "yes" votes coming!

* IDF_x95.jpg (463.18 KB, 1500x866 - viewed 100 times.)

BellatorInvictus

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 12:09:37 AM »

July bump. At 24 currently. Let's get to 50! Once we hit 100, I'll email this to IWI.

Here's a video of Israeli security forces training with X95s featuring 13" barrels, M21s and, of course, the classic round hand guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es92ODWM7K8

The video is worth watching almost just for the overly dramatic Pirates of the Caribbean techno remix.

rotfl

DubageL

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 05:14:51 AM »

I want one and messaged IWI.iL a few weeks ago as I was going to Israel. They said they would check with sales, I've not heard back. I would recommend just messaging them about it. The round handguard is still being produced for the IDF. Also, the handguard material felt to me to be a denser and more rigid material than the US one. It felt like the x95 receiver material. Like the difference between the polymer of a Glock vs. the polymer of an h&k. Remember, the x95 is a multi caliber platform. The round handguard allows the use of an integral suppressor with a shorter 9mm barrel. The suppressor fits inside the handguard like an hkmp5sd allowing minimal change of overall length.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:18:37 AM by DubageL » Logged
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »

Oh I already messaged IWI US about this last year. They responded saying they won't be offering it. That's why I'm doing this petition--I figure if there is a chance to change their minds, it's going to involve a large number of "signatures" of demonstrated support.

I thought it looked like a different kind of polymer... Yes, the use of an integral suppressor is a huge plus, and all the more reason IWI should release this. If you hear anything back from IWI IL, please post it here.

HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 12:38:14 PM »

Oh I already messaged IWI US about this last year. They responded saying they won't be offering it. That's why I'm doing this petition--I figure if there is a chance to change their minds, it's going to involve a large number of "signatures" of demonstrated support.

I thought it looked like a different kind of polymer... Yes, the use of an integral suppressor is a huge plus, and all the more reason IWI should release this. If you hear anything back from IWI IL, please post it here.

i haven't combed through this thread, but you don't like the new smaller hand guard IWI is now offering for $39.99?  it appears to be the same size or close to the x95 IDF version.  plus, you've still got rails which is a plus.

https://www.iwi.us/Products/Tavor-X95/Tavor-X95-Spare-Parts/Tavor-X95-Short-Foregrip.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnLDGNQPj4

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length