Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 25, 2019, 11:04:55 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  Desert Tactical Arms SRS, SRS Covert, HTI
| | |-+  SRS-A1 is a Sick Ass Rifle
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SRS-A1 is a Sick Ass Rifle  (Read 2507 times)
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: June 18, 2017, 03:14:35 PM »

I finally took my new SRS-A1 out to the range and let me preface this by saying this is only the second time in my life I've shot a bolt gun and also I'm not terribly experienced with sighting in rifle scopes. I shot at American Shooting Centers in Houston, TX at 92 degrees, partly cloudy, breezy with occasional light gusts, and humid as always.

Using the SRS, a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x scope, Atlas bipod, and a Hoptic USA bubble level with Hornady .308 168 gr. ELR Match ammo, after finally getting on paper, I was able to pull a probable 100 yard 4 shot best of .48 MOA (ignore the flyer in the yellow, that was from earlier when I was trying to get the scope sighted in. Not sure if this was a 4 or 5 round group because I didn't start counting rounds until I moved on to my second box of 20), and a definite 100 yard 5 shot best of .84 MOA.

I'm sure there are many on this board that could shoot better groups than that, but for my first time seriously trying, I was amazed at how comfortable and easy it was to use the monopod to put the dot right on the target and squeeze off a round. Next time I'm going to try to tweak the scope sighting a little bit and then move to 200 yards. Also considering taking some precision shooting lessons either in Houston or if things work out possibly in Utah with DT's affiliated class.

All in all, I know I could have bought a Ruger Precision Rifle to start on for a fraction of the price but after seeing a picture of ColdBoreMiracle's rifle a number of years ago, I knew this is what I wanted and damn does it put a smile on my face. Worth.Every.Penny.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:47:54 PM by Sdevante » Logged
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 03:25:28 PM »

Good start! Keep up the practice and experiment with different loads and you could be shooting smaller groups soon! It becomes an addiction.  Wink

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length