Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 03:51:32 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Galil Ace556 vs Tavor X95 ?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Galil Ace556 vs Tavor X95 ?  (Read 1722 times)
Heavy

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 12:52:08 PM »

Apparently one of my pics broke the thread so i kept posting until i hit page 2.
Heavy

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 12:53:47 PM »

I agree that the new buttstock just doesnt fit the aesthetic of the galil. But the aftermarket has already adapted. My "brace" does not use the IWI adapter. Instead I got the galil buttstock adapter from KNS precision, from there you can adapt to ace stocks or AR buffer tubes. As soon as i get the SBR paperwork done, it will get the skeleton stock it was meant for.

* 20170615_172304-1008x756.jpg (92.08 KB, 1008x756 - viewed 57 times.)

* galilace2_2.jpg (40.29 KB, 640x478 - viewed 79 times.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:46:15 PM by Heavy » Logged
Dodger

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »

Heavy... What is the fore grip you have on your x95?  I'm looking for one like yours in black...
Heavy

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 09:26:38 PM »

FAB defense tpod-g2-fa. Its made in israel but there are several sites that import it. I got that one from Gunbroker.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:30:27 PM by Heavy » Logged
Dodger

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 02:19:19 PM »

Thank you Heavy.   I'm going to see if I can put my hands on one...
TheRevPB

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 03:20:02 PM »

I have 3 Galils & have to admit that it is a hard choice whether my Tavors or the Galils would be my go to gun. The Galil is an awesome weapon & I would say is more accurate than the X95. Being that you have a X95 I would say get the Galil & grow that IWI collection. After that I recommend a Jericho.

Ha, I had the same idea as well when I bought my X95; grew a lot of appreciation for IWI. Grin

To the OP: if you already have one X95, and have 7.62 Ammo and collect AKs, I'd say go for the ACE. It's basically a distant cousin to the AK, and would add one more to the collection.
However, if you wanted the 300 BLK X95.... then honestly I'd say choose whichever caliber you value more. 300 BLK, second X95. 7.62x39mm, Galil ACE.
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 08:08:08 AM »

I'm gonna have to say the ACE 5.56 may be the ultimate SHTF rifle. It has AK reliability with many AR controls and one of the most common American calibers.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »

It sounds like everyone is saying grab the ace, but honestly I'm leaning toward getting a second x95.
I currently have a Sig556, and I really don't think the ace will do anything the Sig doesn't.  Besides the fact that the ACE's bolt fly's forward after you release the mag, even though it locks back, the bolt hold open works basically like a Yugo x39 bho mag, keeping the bolt open when the empty mag is in, but letting it fly forward when the mag is released.  Kinda seems stupid to design an entire plastic lower if it doesn't add any function to a traditional AK receiver.
^ That is just what i've heard, so I could be mistaken, but supposedly that is how the 7.62x51 galils work.

My Tavor has been just as reliable as my AK's, with zero malfunctions after thousands of rounds.

My main concern is parts availability, and compatibility.  The Ace might have the Tavor beat in this regard, especially if common AKM parts can be used on it.  My other thought is, I really like having two of a particular gun, under the 1 is none, 2 is one principal.  It would be nice to have one for abuse, and one for duty use.

Considering the Ace and galil go for about the same price, and the Tavor X95 has more Distributors that offer the Mil/LE discount, it just seems like the Tavor is the way to go.  If the Ace was a bit cheaper it would change my thought Process.  I just don't feel like the Ace offers anything the Tavor doesn't besides having a machined steel receiver, which is more of an ooh ahh factor rather than something I see having a dramatic effect on function.  They both have cold hammer forged chrome lined barrels, and my X95 shoots just as accurate as some of my AR's.   In regards to function, I think the Tavor X95 honestly has more features, and being 26'' overall length is a huge benefit.
My other large concern for the ACE, is that it does not take regular AK pistol grips, so if I broke the pistol grip in any way, I would have to send it into IWI to repair the entire ''Lower''.

I don't know guys, I have plenty of AR's and AK's, I'm just not convinced the ACE is going to offer anything I don't already have.  Ultimately I am an AK fanboy over AR's by a huge long shot, I've seen AR's have a ton of malfunctions... but honestly I could buy 2 Colt 6920's for the price of an ACE, and buy enough spare parts to last a lifetime.  At 1700$ or even 1500$ after discount, it isn't screaming out to me to be a good investment... I don't thing the ACE really offers anything my 400$ saiga doesn't offer, besides the fact it costs almost 5x as much, and having LESS spare parts.

The Tavor is expensive, but it offers a few things that all these other Rifles don't and I think Bullpups do have a big advantage.  I personally get really great accuracy from my X95, and I love that I can get 3000+ fps out of a gun that is about 26'' in length.  I can't take any of my traditional rifles, and properly aim one handed while using the other hand to open a door, etc.  
If the ACE cost was comparable to an Arsenal, then I would look at things differently, but for the same price point, the Tavor has way more features than the ACE.

Those are just my thoughts on this subject after thinking about it for a while.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 09:40:31 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length