Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 11:27:10 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Kel-Tec KSG (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Upgrades and Mods ???
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Upgrades and Mods ???  (Read 6372 times)
CabbitOne
^

« on: June 15, 2017, 11:10:07 AM »

Messing around with the KSG has led me to discover a couple things I'm not particularly fond of. I'm curious if anyone else feels the same and if they have discovered any aftermarket parts or mods to address the "issues."

1) The cross bolt safety is backwards. At least to me. It's opposite of what I'm accustomed to on the Steyr AUG.

2) Disabling the middle position on the magazine selector. I have no use for this position and even though I doubt it would ever occur, I see it as a liability.

3) [Not An Issue - Just Wondering] Are there any aftermarket reliability upgrades?

Thanks in advance.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 01:13:11 AM »

I don't think there is a way to disable the cut off position, I honestly don't see it as a liability, if an emergency comes up, I imagine you'll barely realize the resistance when you switch tubes.
At this point, I really don't see any reason for a reliability upgrade. What issues are you having that makes you want something to make it more reliable? I've got a few hundred shells through mine with no issues.
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »

Wasn't so much concerned with switching tubes, more worried about it wandering into that position when carried. Go to chamber the first round, or fire an already chambered, run the action, and then get a click rather than a bang.

I stated the "issues" (which aren't really issues) I have with the gun. As far as reliability, I haven't experienced anything yet. But that doesn't mean it can't be made better.
SirPup

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 11:01:41 PM »

For your tube selector consern the Hi-Teck switch for $45 removes that concern as it will better let you feel where the switch is, and you can flick it with your list. I have about 1000 rounds through my KSG. I had the factory selector switch and the spring/pin behind it come lose. Brought it to Coco Beach and they fixed it. I have also had issues ejecting a spent round, they polished the chamber and I notice it less. KSG is not a battle proven reliable weapon, but a true beauty.

Guy has a selector switch mod on the picture thread. Id love to learn about that.

My mods/accessories:
Vertical grip $8 eBay china
Flip up Iron sights $20 eBay china
Sling (included)
Flash light $50
45 degree light offset mount. $10
Hi-Teck custom selector switch $45
Kel-tec recoil pad $45
Bandoleer $6
Mt arms grip plug $15
KSG choke tube addapter $70
Choke tubes IC, Full, Extra Full $35

I keep allen keys, blue thread lock, and a quarter in the grip for the event of a lose screw. I added IB prophen and a clotting powder if I ever see a gun shot wound.

I am interested in going to a light with preasure switch, but do not know how I would rig the wire. Maybe light offset on top and switch on handel.

I wonder about a red dot on the KSG.

* 20170731_215905.jpg (1977.77 KB, 2226x1483 - viewed 182 times.)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length