Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 12:32:04 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Magnified optic on your Tavor?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Magnified optic on your Tavor?  (Read 6895 times)
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »

Nice scope  Grin

tavor hollow

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »

I have an ar500 target 100 yards out in the woods. So its like a dark tunnel through the trees.my strike eagle you have to search it out to find it the viper PST is a fair amount better then the tr24 ...bam it just pops out. I like the 1x for that then I might dial to2x 4power is good to 300 but I'm not really placing shots but its hit after hit.the reticle you have may make it easier to place them better. Enjoy!
Hit Factor

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »

I've got an ACOG TA44 coming on Monday. I hope to be half as excited as RabbitSlayer about the new glass.
Rastoff

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 01:15:29 AM »

how did u like that off set rmr ... the gun shop by my house has a 4x acog with a rmr on top for 1600 but I heard that  that sits pretty high on a tavor
I have removed it. It's really nice, but I can shoot just as fast with just the ACOG. I really don't see the advantage to the 45 offset. With practice I'm sure it would be a benefit, but for my purposes, the ACOG is it.

I would rather buy Batteries than have to replace the tritium.
This is a weird statement. I mean, the tritium lasts for at least 12 years and Trijicon will replace it for either free or a very tiny cost. But to each his own.

I honestly will never buy a cheap scope again unless it's going on a 22 or something.  The difference is night and day.
I've been trying to convince people of this for years. If I had all the money I've wasted on cheap optics back, I could buy two ACOGs. Buy once, cry once, but you'll never convince a new guy of that. It's something you have to experience for yourself.

Congrats on the AccuPower. Batteries vs tritium? How often do you really need a lighted reticle anyway?

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2017, 02:22:32 AM »

how did u like that off set rmr ... the gun shop by my house has a 4x acog with a rmr on top for 1600 but I heard that  that sits pretty high on a tavor
I have removed it. It's really nice, but I can shoot just as fast with just the ACOG. I really don't see the advantage to the 45 offset. With practice I'm sure it would be a benefit, but for my purposes, the ACOG is it.

I would rather buy Batteries than have to replace the tritium.
This is a weird statement. I mean, the tritium lasts for at least 12 years and Trijicon will replace it for either free or a very tiny cost. But to each his own.

I honestly will never buy a cheap scope again unless it's going on a 22 or something.  The difference is night and day.
I've been trying to convince people of this for years. If I had all the money I've wasted on cheap optics back, I could buy two ACOGs. Buy once, cry once, but you'll never convince a new guy of that. It's something you have to experience for yourself.

Congrats on the AccuPower. Batteries vs tritium? How often do you really need a lighted reticle anyway?

I agree on the buy once cry one..  same, if I could take back all the money I spent on cheap optics I could have an acog or two.

Ya, the lighted reticle is only needed at dusk or night time.  Honestly the black etched reticle stands out more than a red dot unless a red dot is cranked all the way up on a bright summer day in the desert where I live.

I think I'm going to try out the tactical dildo this weekend, er  I mean forgrip.  My guns looking all goofy with ******ed mount, forgrip, and 40 round mag right now lol.  I have mixed feelings about forgrips, I usually only like then if there is a suppressor/ light combo on the gun.

I'm also going to have to get a new optic mount too haha, I'm borrowing my aimpoint mount for the next few weeks till I find a mount I like.  Didn't want to steel the proper style scope mounts from my other guns because they are all dialed in, and I'm too lazy to sight them back in any time soon.  Also not trying to spend 250$ on a quick release mount.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2017, 02:34:53 AM »

On the tritium vs battery thing..

Two big reasons made me go with accupower over accupoint .

1. Reticle, accupower has better reticle options. 

2.  I've heard of people having to pay hundreds of dollar to have their tritium replaced.  Like 500 bucks or so.
So for roughly about 50$ I can stock up on a lifetime supply of lithium batteries and be done with it.

The tritium scopes look better in terms of daytime brightness I'm sure, but meh each has their trade offs. 
In the end they are made of the same grade materials, just different illumination/reticle options.  Can't go wrong with either one in my opinion.  Just user preference.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
houndog

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2017, 07:40:28 AM »

Rastoff, is that right that Trijicon will replace the tritium?  Like Rabbitslayer, I'd always thought it was very expensive to have them do this - although I'm not really sure why I think this.  Probably something I read on some forum.  Never contacted them to actually ask.  I'm curious because I have an ACOG that's probably 10-12 years old and the tritium is kind of faded.  Never cared all that much since all my shooting is done at my local range, which shuts down at sunset.  But if I could send the scope back to them and get them to replace the tritium for $15-20 it would be worth it.
Hit Factor

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2017, 10:00:17 AM »

Warranty is 15 years for ACOG tritium to continue glowing. Date is stamped/printed somewhere on the scope. I think its in a month/year format. A Google search shows the cost varies by model, $100 on up to $540 depending on changes, like the reticle, you might want.
tavor hollow

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »

Ahhh the tritium debate. It seems like a good idea but for me it barely lights the reticle and you have to concentrate to see it, so...trijicon needs to dump the tritium on fiber optic sight and use a battery devise to FEED the fiber.controll the brightness. Tritium is to bright for night vision and to dim for tac lights. I do like the reticles offered in the accurate power line. Red dots vs. Fiber optic illumination in the day time ....fiber is drawing your eye so good you may want to turn it down. So many great options available ....for NOW.
Rastoff

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »

Rastoff, is that right that Trijicon will replace the tritium?
Well, honestly, here is what I know...

I was talking with a Trijicon rep at a local gun store. He was visiting for some promotion. We got into a discussion about how the front sight on my pistol, Trijicon night sights, had worn and the tritium wasn't great. The sight is at least 10 years old. He told me to contact Trijicon and they would fix or replace it at no charge. I haven't called them because it's not a big deal to me.

In the past the deal was, if you decide you want new tritium, you pay for it. If Trijicon decides that it isn't bright enough, they replace it for free. I don't know if that's the case anymore. ACOGs do have a 15 year warranty.

Sounds like a call to Trijicon is warranted.

Again, for me it's a moot point. I rarely use my rifle after sunset. If I do, I have a flash light and the fiber optic picks it up nicely. I never use night vision.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:34:59 AM by Rastoff » Logged

Freedom isn't free.
fatty

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2017, 11:41:58 AM »

ACOG TA33 for me.  I find it perfect and very lightweight.
Hit Factor

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2017, 07:39:49 PM »

The ACOG TA44 green circle dot reticle arrived the other day and I was lucky enough to have time to take it to the range.

I sighted it in at 24 yards because that will give me a 4" point blank range to 100 yards.

After sighting I did a bunch of mount, acquire target, and shoot drills. As I had hoped the 1.5 power and generous eye relief (effectively double the stated 2.4") resulted in a scope that shoots fast like a red dot with the added bonus of built in cheater glasses.

The ACOG replaced an MRO, of which I have no complaints, it's also a top notch sight.

I'll run this in PCC at a USPSA match this coming weekend.

* X95 ACOG.jpg (2378.92 KB, 3597x1335 - viewed 74 times.)
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2017, 07:57:40 PM »

The ACOG TA44 green circle dot reticle arrived the other day and I was lucky enough to have time to take it to the range.

I sighted it in at 24 yards because that will give me a 4" point blank range to 100 yards.

After sighting I did a bunch of mount, acquire target, and shoot drills. As I had hoped the 1.5 power and generous eye relief (effectively double the stated 2.4") resulted in a scope that shoots fast like a red dot with the added bonus of built in cheater glasses.

The ACOG replaced an MRO, of which I have no complaints, it's also a top notch sight.

I'll run this in PCC at a USPSA match this coming weekend.

Nice, sounds like a good zero for the 9mm Tavor.
I see you have a suppressor mount on there, how do you like shooting it suppressed?

-Thomas Jefferson
Hit Factor

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2017, 08:01:12 PM »

My can is still in form 4 jail. I'm ready for it with 945fps handloads.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2017, 11:33:26 PM »

My can is still in form 4 jail. I'm ready for it with 945fps handloads.

Great choice.  For a purely subsonic suppressed gun, I think 9mm is a better investment than 300blk. 
1. Cost effective
2. 9mm bullets are designed to expand at subsonic speeds, I am not aware of any 308 bullets designed to expand at subsonic velocity.  So any small amount of extra energy the 300blk carries is a moot point.

Just my opinion.

-Thomas Jefferson
houndog

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2017, 08:11:01 AM »

Thanks for info about the ACOG.  Never even realized that there was a date somewhere (and honestly can't remember exactly when I bought to scope although it was a while ago).  Might be worth a call to Trijicon to see what they will do for me - although like you, none of my shooting is really done when it's dark enough to make a difference.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2017, 09:38:14 AM »

I have dealt with Trijicon replacing my tritium in my old TA01NSN. They replaced it for free only because it was well past its expiration date.

The problem Trijicon has and they reason they say they will charge you for replacement has to do with owners always bugging them about changing out perfectly good tritium. It lasts a long time but they get calls and emails about replacing 5-7 year old tritium that still has a ton of life left. They will charge those people every time, but a good honest dead tritium lamp will be replaced for free 99% of the time.

Side note... not only did Trijicon replace my lamp for free, I also got all new seals and a new ocular lens for some reason I still don't know about. They rebuilt the scope and replaced the lamp free of charge. There were minor scratches on the old ocular lens but nothing detrimental. Trijicon was good enough to make sure everything was like new.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »

I'll just throw this in FWIW..

I had a Trijicon Tritium iron sight front post for an AR that got broken.  Don't know how it broke, but it got snapped in half somehow.
Trijicon offered to replace it for free.

I haven't sent it in yet because it was only like 50$ when I bought it new, so I'm not that worried about it.  But it was pretty cool they offered to replace it, all I will have to pay is shipping.

-Thomas Jefferson
Practicool

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2017, 04:58:41 PM »

I'll just throw this in FWIW..

I had a Trijicon Tritium iron sight front post for an AR that got broken.  Don't know how it broke, but it got snapped in half somehow.
Trijicon offered to replace it for free.

I haven't sent it in yet because it was only like 50$ when I bought it new, so I'm not that worried about it.  But it was pretty cool they offered to replace it, all I will have to pay is shipping.

I have also had this experience with several companies in the firearm industry.  S&W & Ithaca both responded with no-questions-asked and "how can we replace this for you right now and ship it to you for free?".

It's so nice when an industry and activity you love is overwhelmingly populated by great people with great ethics.
Rastoff

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2017, 02:39:54 AM »

Just more examples of why I like the ACOG.

Freedom isn't free.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length