Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2018, 12:08:40 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RFB at 500yds with a red dot???
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RFB at 500yds with a red dot???  (Read 1223 times)
pistol-pete
New Posting Member

« on: June 04, 2017, 03:23:28 PM »

Ends up it can be done.

My buddy and I took the Kel Tec RDB out to 500yds with only an un-magnified red dot with decent results:

(Tried to embed but couldn't figure it out, sorry)
https://youtu.be/D-T5LRIBkoo

We realized that loading up a bipod mounted to the forend causes major POI shifts, but were able to make some adjustments to get it hitting. BTW there's bonus footage at the end of the vid of us shooting the Tavor at 500yds too.

We passed the RDB around at one of our Run-N-Gun events last week with good results too. There's plenty of footage of it in action in the video from the event (& some Tavor footage):

https://youtu.be/hkhB0Apuxwk

We're working on doing a full review video of the RDB and comparing/contrasting it to the current bullpup king of the hill! The Tavor. I'll post it here when it's up.
Potss
^

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 05:03:46 PM »

This is why free float is so important.
pistol-pete
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »

Yeah exactly. It seems like something a good aftermarket company could come up with a solution for.

In the meantime moving the bipod to the rear of the factory forend would reduce the leverage on the barrel, but it's still not perfect.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:45:11 PM by pistol-pete » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length