Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2017, 04:33:38 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  FNH
| | |-+  P90 / PS90 P90 icon
| | | |-+  5.56 suppressor on a PS90 SBR???
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 5.56 suppressor on a PS90 SBR???  (Read 832 times)
Hkbeltfed

« on: May 18, 2017, 10:18:43 PM »

What do I need to know? Should I not do it? Are 5.56 suppressors too heavy to allow the barrel to move correctly? Will I get lots of blown cases out the ejection port as a result? Am I better off using a 5.56 mini vs full size? Will my stock crack and break? If so, how long can I expect it to last?

Or should I ignore the internet rumors because they suppress fine with 5.56 suppressors?!?
mpd3285
^

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 05:41:13 PM »

I am intending to use my AAC M4-2K and Mini4 on my PS90 SBR as soon as my stamp comes in.  I have seen videos and photos of these cans on PS90 SBRs and havent heard of any issues.  I would think the extra volume would be more than adequate to prevent any damage considering people run 5.7 through titanium .22lr cans with much less volume.  I also dont think the weight will affect feeding as the movement is much more subtle than say a "browning type action" pistol that requires an inertia device. 

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
konigstigerii

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 07:48:49 PM »

I've used a AAC 556-SD on my P90 SBR for a while with no issues. I have since ran a 22 can on it, but may go back to a larger can to see if that runs better, as the small 22 can over gasses it quite a bit.
Zeiram3f

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »

I've read more cases of success with heavy suppressors than I have read failures. I'm putting a 30cal can on mine. I'll letcha know if anything negative happens when I do.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 01:02:46 PM »

We have done a mag dump with a M4-2000 on our full auto P90 and everything worked fine. We don't normally run that gun suppressed but thought we would try it.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length