Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2017, 11:02:00 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  X95 Question
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 Question  (Read 492 times)
SemiAuto9

« on: May 18, 2017, 11:20:41 AM »

First post and guys I need some advice, figured this was the "go to" forum to ask it. I have a line on a X95 with a less than 200 round count on it. It is one the seller says is a "newer" model because it has the dual extractors in the bolt.

I can get it for $1350 shipped to my FFL.

Couple questions:

Good price/deal?

Is the "dual extractor" claim true, a sign of a "newer model"?

Have the bugs/accuracy issues (or allegations?) died down surrounding the X95?

Many, many thanks for any advice or information you might have to share with me.
SemiAuto9

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »

Would really appreciate feedback, thanks.
Hivedr.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »

Yes the dual extractor means it is a newer rifle. The price is more than fair for what is essentially a new rifle if the stated round count is true. I usually double what ever is stated so even then it would still be essentially new.

The issue with a small number of the first batch of X95s is long gone and even then it was blown out of portion IMO by folks that really did not understand how to shoot a bull pup well. The X95 regardless of first batch or new batch will never be sub MOA or even MOA DMR rifles. Expect to see groups in the 2"-3" range once you have a few hundred rounds or so on the trigger. Both mine from the first batch with 2 MOA red dots can keep rounds 80%+ of the time inside the dot at 100-200 yards when benched or supported.  

Hope this .02 helped.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:25:49 PM by Hivedr. » Logged
SemiAuto9

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 02:05:49 PM »

Thanks very much.
Rastoff

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »

Yes, $1,350 is a great price. If you don't buy it, tell me where it is so I can.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 06:29:36 PM »

That's a great price

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Razvedka

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 02:37:54 PM »

Another difference is the rail. It has a cut out for an adjustable gas system (.300BLK) on all versions now, it seems. Also the rail itself feels very different.. Less 'hard', if that makes any sense. Comparing it to my first batch X95 it feels softer and a bit more abrasive. I dunno what that's about. Anybody have a clue? Some sort of powder coat?

Curious to know what the originals were.
SemiAuto9

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 07:27:44 PM »

My apolologies, didn't want to keep anyone hanging...I bought the rifle, and I also got an Eotech with 3x magnifier, the "OPMOD" set up, and ... got 10% of it with a coupon I guy gave me for Optic Planet.

Let the fun begin.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length