Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 08:47:46 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Corvus Defensio Trigger pack.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Corvus Defensio Trigger pack.  (Read 1479 times)
Jfoster99

« on: May 17, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »

Hello Corvus,

Can you please elaborate  on this photo from your website that shows an aftermarket AUG trigger pack.  You put out a teaser video about it awhile ago. I would love an update on the project and perhaps more details.

There is a lot of pent up demand for a quality replacement trigger pack. Especially one that may use AR-15 parts.

Some jackass named Jfoster99 paid $625 on GunBroker last week for a now discontinued Ratworx HTM trigger pack that supposedly offers a crisp 4lb pulll. An insane amount of money. Certainly not worth it at that price.

lafrance
^

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 05:26:55 PM »

Who are you to call some one a jackass for paying $625 for a trigger pack.  Are you the marketing police?  It is called supply and demand.  FREE ENTERPRISE  Remember when AR mags and receivers were selling for unheard of PRICES, guess you already forgot about that.  I guess I am a jackass too, for selling AR receivers for $650 and now they are $49.  IT IS WHATEVER THE MARKET WILL BEAR.  If someone is willing to pay for it and someone is willing to sell it, what business is of yours.
Keep your potty mouth to your self.
lafrance
^

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 05:31:07 PM »

SORRY ABOUT THAT!  Didn't realize you were calling yourself a jackass.  MY APOLOGY!
Jfoster99

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:31:48 PM »

Lafrance.  It was a tong in check comment... I am jfoster99 who purchased it... was calling myself a jackass...   

My wife called me a jackass for spending that much money as well so I know it is true. 😀
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 05:51:41 PM »

Why complain about the price you paid?

Even if corvus had one for sale, there's no legal way to purchase from him without violating ITAR - unless you have an approved ATF Form 6 (required for any gun part over $100).

With the price of legal importation (FFL form 6 fees, import fees, shipping), if a corvus hammer pack only cost $200, you'd likely be very close to the $600 whatever you just spent. Consider what you just spent to be "reasonable" and available.

For everyone else reading this, if you buy certain items from corvus (anything over $100 without a Form 6) you probably shouldn't post online about violating US arms trafficking laws.

People get jammed up all the time from posting pics of their guns with "contraband" electronics. It's not unreasonable to think a go getter agent wouldn't do the same.

Just a piece of advice while I wait for Geissele's hammer pack.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:53:14 PM by maleante » Logged
Fusedspine33

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 08:56:36 PM »

From what I read and saw on YouTube, it sounds like Corvus is working with Gisselle in some fashion.
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 04:54:20 AM »

Gents,

Here are some facts to clear the mist about our Trigger Pack a little bit:

First off: It is a pain in the ass to "mess around" with the trigger pull weight of a Steyr AUG. And this has various reasons. You can easily decrease it. But you are decreasing the safety as well. We want to provide a consistent, crisp, light and safe trigger. And this is quite a challange. We furtherly developed our trigger system and are on a very good way. From our perspective itīs done. But we want to have it certified by Steyr (what they are about to do currently). But due to several projects they are very busy right now. So we still have to wait.
As soon as it is certified, we will start production. When they do not certify it, we will think twice before selling it. Especially in the US.
The trigger itself will be the ALG ACT for now. We are also testing various Geissele triggers. So the "Geisseleīs Trigger Pack" is ours with a Geissele trigger (except they are starting their own project and we donīt know about it).
We are sorry that we cannot state a certain date yet.

Concerning ITAR: As said in one of our earlier posts: We feel responsible for EU export. We clearly state what item is contained in the package, the price/value and the customs tariff number of the US AUG SA. Because we are shipping worldwide we cannot and will not take care about every nations import regulations (except embargo countries - where we will not ship to). But especially for the US: we are currently working on US distribution. And we will probably be at next Shot Show. More to come.

We hope that reply serves you well and we are happy to answer more questions.
bravo619

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 08:26:29 AM »

SORRY ABOUT THAT!  Didn't realize you were calling yourself a jackass.  MY APOLOGY!
🙄

45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/bravo619/458.gif
Jfoster99

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »

Corvus,

Any chance we can get a few detail photo's to hold us over until it is released....

Jfoster99

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 10:47:48 PM »

Just an FYI the 20/20 HTM trigger pack arrived today. I installed it and the difference is night and day... however it is not as good as the cheapest AR-15 Match trigger...  

I have only compared it against the stock AUG pack... I have the Nue trigger and a trigger tamer but never installed them... I found the 20/20 HTM for sale  on Gun broker after I purchased the other two option.  I may try them out at some point  to see the difference.
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »

Jfoster99,
Here you can find a picture of the current version:
https://www.iwa.info/en/ausstellerprodukte/iwa17/product-9867005/enhanced-aug-trigger-system
Jfoster99

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 12:43:18 PM »

Jfoster99,
Here you can find a picture of the current version:
https://www.iwa.info/en/ausstellerprodukte/iwa17/product-9867005/enhanced-aug-trigger-system

Thank you ...

Here it is for others to see ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
LazyEngineer

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 02:03:28 PM »

<---------- willing Prototype Testing Partner - standing at the ready!!   Wink
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:22:46 PM by LazyEngineer » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length