Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:39:35 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Have this feeling we're getting close...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Have this feeling we're getting close...  (Read 8901 times)
Glorfindel

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 04:10:55 PM »

I have the feeling that we're getting close-ish, but I think we'll still see more delays. My prediction is shipping late July or early August. I have two personal deadlines. The first deadline is soft: I expect my 308 suppressor to have finished paying its debt to society by the end of August and if I don't have an MDR by then I'll be sorely tempted to jump ship, probably to the POF Revolution. My hard deadline is November, which is when I expect to have the land cleared for a 300 yard range on my property. If I don't have my MDR by then, that rifle's budget will go someplace else for sure, again, probably the Revolution. So I'm okay at least until August.
spector762

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 04:38:32 PM »

i felt this way in march but with dt i almost cant believe that even the june ship dates will be met i mean even the reviewers still haven't got theirs yet
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 04:46:23 PM »

i mean even the reviewers still haven't got theirs yet

which still baffles me...i mean maybe a handful of major youtube channels out there tops.  all you have to do though is send to one.
spector762

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 05:15:19 PM »

which still baffles me...i mean maybe a handful of major youtube channels out there tops.  all you have to do though is send to one.
exactly !!! you mean to tell me you cant even eek one gun out to one reviewer it makes no sense  !!!   
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 07:11:54 PM »

You'll know you're close when you hear something from Sgt_P.  I Emailed him a week ago to see if he had anything new and I never got a response.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 08:07:58 PM »

exactly !!! you mean to tell me you cant even eek one gun out to one reviewer it makes no sense  !!!   

Until the reviewers actually post a review, we really don't know whether they have one for review or when they got it.  In any event, they're probably bound by an NDA with an embargo in place until DT releases them.  So not seeing or hearing anything from "reviewers" means nothing at this point, because even if they had one, they probably couldn't comment on it.

Kurt
spector762

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 08:59:42 PM »

exactly !!! you mean to tell me you cant even eek one gun out to one reviewer it makes no sense  !!!  
ok so honestly from dt point of view what does it benefit them keeping these guys silent especially if there supposed to be close to release they could bring more revenue in

Until the reviewers actually post a review, we really don't know whether they have one for review or when they got it.  In any event, they're probably bound by an NDA with an embargo in place until DT releases them.  So not seeing or hearing anything from "reviewers" means nothing at this point, because even if they had one, they probably couldn't comment on it.
ok so honestly from dt point of view what does it benefit them keeping these guys silent especially if there supposed to be close to release they could bring more revenue in
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 09:32:56 PM »

Control of the narrative and preventing that narrative from starting until they are ready to release the rifles to the general consumer.  Consider this...they're already getting tossed in the woodchipper because they built up the consumer's anticipation and then had one delay after another.  Now, imagine half a dozen reviewers all drop videos on the MDR and something sets back the schedule?  It would build even more resentment in the consumer's eye and the narrative would move from objectively discussing the product to subjectively discussing the situation.

It's all about controlling the narrative; if I was releasing a new product, I wouldn't allow *anyone* to post a review (of a product my company sent them for review) until I saw with my own eyes my shipping manager close and lock the door on the truck that was taking the product to the distributors or to the UPS hub for shipment.  And even then I might wait 24 hours and make sure that the product was on the way.

DT has stumbled so much with the MDR rollout that the actual launch has to go off without a hitch.

Kurt
spector762

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 10:11:49 PM »

Control of the narrative and preventing that narrative from starting until they are ready to release the rifles to the general consumer.  Consider this...they're already getting tossed in the woodchipper because they built up the consumer's anticipation and then had one delay after another.  Now, imagine half a dozen reviewers all drop videos on the MDR and something sets back the schedule?  It would build even more resentment in the consumer's eye and the narrative would move from objectively discussing the product to subjectively discussing the situation.

It's all about controlling the narrative; if I was releasing a new product, I wouldn't allow *anyone* to post a review (of a product my company sent them for review) until I saw with my own eyes my shipping manager close and lock the door on the truck that was taking the product to the distributors or to the UPS hub for shipment.  And even then I might wait 24 hours and make sure that the product was on the way.

DT has stumbled so much with the MDR rollout that the actual launch has to go off without a hitch.
ok yea that does make sense to be honest  hope they are planning on  shipping the gun right to the customers and reviewers at the same time im so sick of waiting and drooling   over pics
Potss
^

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »

Agreed, but the reviewers should have their guns by now to do in depth testing that we deserve to know as consumers.  It takes time to do 1k+ rounds, proper accuracy testing with various match loads/work up a proper handload, environmental testing, etc.  Just do what the video games industry and many others do: release review copies 2-4 weeks early, and have a very strict NDA that lifts the day the MDR ships.
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 12:02:18 AM »

I have the feeling that we're getting close-ish, but I think we'll still see more delays. My prediction is shipping late July or early August. I have two personal deadlines. The first deadline is soft: I expect my 308 suppressor to have finished paying its debt to society by the end of August and if I don't have an MDR by then I'll be sorely tempted to jump ship, probably to the POF Revolution. My hard deadline is November, which is when I expect to have the land cleared for a 300 yard range on my property. If I don't have my MDR by then, that rifle's budget will go someplace else for sure, again, probably the Revolution. So I'm okay at least until August.

Wow agree with you 100%. My drop dead date is my agencies' next rifle qualification this winter. Probably some time after September. By then I will have to have selected my .308 rifle. If no MDR by then- I will be forced into going with the P.O.F. Revolution (maybe by then they'll have an 18" variant)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=38r3V_N5l3E

* IMG_2115.JPG (893.32 KB, 2143x2298 - viewed 54 times.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:07:24 AM by Steelviper » Logged
sampitt

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 12:39:18 AM »

Wow agree with you 100%. My drop dead date is my agencies' next rifle qualification this winter. Probably some time after September. By then I will have to have selected my .308 rifle. If no MDR by then- I will be forced into going with the P.O.F. Revolution (maybe by then they'll have an 18" variant)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=38r3V_N5l3E

Those ads gave me molon cancer on 3% of my labe
AF Gunner

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 10:24:36 AM »

Those ads gave me molon cancer on 3% of my labe
[/quote]

hahahah
Potss
^

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »

Revolution accuracy has looked really sub par from all tests I've seen so far. You can build a lighter and more accurate AR10 for the money anyway.  I'd get JPs light lightweight AR10 if you have to buy a factory gun.
Glorfindel

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2017, 06:45:27 PM »

Revolution accuracy has looked really sub par from all tests I've seen so far. You can build a lighter and more accurate AR10 for the money anyway.  I'd get JPs light lightweight AR10 if you have to buy a factory gun.

I'm interested in the short OAL as well as the purported ability to cycle subsonics, not just the light weight, although that's also a big draw.

I've seen the Rusty S review from TFB and he didn't report great accuracy, but I don't know his work in general, so he may be shooting the gun to its potential, or he may not. The only other review I've seen is Bigshooterist on Full30, who has a multi-part video review. I seem to recall him getting well under MOA groups, but I don't have time to watch the series again at the moment.

I really wish someone would put out a test on the subsonic cycling capabilities POF is claiming. If that's reliably true, It'll be a godsend for the suppressor crowd.
Box

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »

When August gets here, I predict the MDR won't be.

Of course I hope I'm wrong.   
spector762

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 08:26:07 PM »

When August gets here, I predict the MDR won't be.

Of course I hope I'm wrong.   
[/quote i wouldn't bet against you
Potss
^

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 09:29:32 PM »

I watched bigshooterist as well and I never saw sub-moa.  The short OAL you can build, and technically you could set one up to cycle subs with an oversized gas port and an adjustable gas block too, but I wouldn't recommend it.  I hadn't seen the sub claim from POF, would love to see that tested too.
Glorfindel

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »

I watched bigshooterist as well and I never saw sub-moa.  The short OAL you can build, and technically you could set one up to cycle subs with an oversized gas port and an adjustable gas block too, but I wouldn't recommend it.  I hadn't seen the sub claim from POF, would love to see that tested too.

Going back over the internet, the only subsonic cycling claim I can find now is from Defense Review, which says someone from POF claimed their 10.5" SBR was cycling it. I guess it isn't an official claim from POF. I'll report back here if I find out.
hillbillyjim
^

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 10:28:45 AM »

Only thing close I'm getting to is close to canceling.  But I've made it this far and still have hope
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length