Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:11:40 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Have this feeling we're getting close...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Have this feeling we're getting close...  (Read 9438 times)
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »

I watched bigshooterist as well and I never saw sub-moa.  The short OAL you can build, and technically you could set one up to cycle subs with an oversized gas port and an adjustable gas block too, but I wouldn't recommend it.  I hadn't seen the sub claim from POF, would love to see that tested too.

Going back over the internet, the only subsonic cycling claim I can find now is from Defense Review, which says someone from POF claimed their 10.5" SBR was cycling it. I guess it isn't an official claim from POF. I'll report back here if I find out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-fEFlmnGBI

My Google-fu is strong today. Go to the 4:10 part of the linked video Frank himself states the Revolution can cycle sub-sonic ammunition. So I guess that is "someone from POF".

Also as I linked (linked again below) before shooterist looks like he is getting some pretty darn accuracy in his Part 5 video with "decent" ammo. So not sure where the accuracy questions are coming from?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=38r3V_N5l3E
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »

And when the f$ck did this turn into a POF thread?!!  I'm f$@kin' with you all...as you were.   Cool
Glorfindel

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2017, 10:58:33 AM »

SINCE IT DID, HBeretta! hijacked  blasting

Oh, right, as we were.

It turns out the Revolution as it currently stands will NOT cycle subsonic ammunition.

I contacted POF about the subsonic cycling and this was the reply from Darrell in tech support: "We have not had any success getting the 16.5" version to cycle. The only Revolution that will cycle sub sonic is the short barrel version which is not available to the public at this time."

Still a very attractive alternative if the MDR doesn't come to fruition by my personal deadlines, though.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »

SINCE IT DID, HBeretta! hijacked  blasting

Oh, right, as we were.

It turns out the Revolution as it currently stands will NOT cycle subsonic ammunition.

I contacted POF about the subsonic cycling and this was the reply from Darrell in tech support: "We have not had any success getting the 16.5" version to cycle. The only Revolution that will cycle sub sonic is the short barrel version which is not available to the public at this time."

Still a very attractive alternative if the MDR doesn't come to fruition by my personal deadlines, though.

Interesting.  I've only heard about this new gun to a small degree.  Curious...was the statement about not cycling subs involving shooting with a suppressor?  That's almost hard to believe it wouldn't cycle with a suppressor due to the obvious increase in pressure.  I could understand a given firearm possibly not cycling subs without a suppressor, but then I'm in the boat of not having any desire to shoot subs without a suppressor in just about any firearm.
Glorfindel

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »

Interesting.  I've only heard about this new gun to a small degree.  Curious...was the statement about not cycling subs involving shooting with a suppressor?  That's almost hard to believe it wouldn't cycle with a suppressor due to the obvious increase in pressure.  I could understand a given firearm possibly not cycling subs without a suppressor, but then I'm in the boat of not having any desire to shoot subs without a suppressor in just about any firearm.

Subsonic rounds are loaded to a much lower pressure than supersonic because they would otherwise exit the muzzle too fast and end up supersonic. Most 308 semiautos cannot cycle reliably with pressure that low. If you increase the weight of the round to the point where pressure is adequate without pushing the bullet too fast, you run into potential over-pressure problems, cartridge OAL problems, and "failure to adequately stabilize long, heavy rounds" problems (quotes to aid clarity).

The question was about shooting subs with a suppressor. The only possible reason I can think of for shooting subs unsuppressed is if you really REALLY hate recoil.
Potss
^

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2017, 02:08:26 AM »

He shoots 1x five round group...that is almost as unrepresentative as it gets.  When I see a 5x5 or 3x10 under MOA we'll call it accurate.
davek

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2017, 09:29:01 PM »

And when the f$ck did this turn into a POF thread?!!  I'm f$@kin' with you all...as you were.   Cool

This is a bullpup forum, it should have become a K&N thread for an alternate .308.
Potss
^

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2017, 11:00:18 PM »

Wish we had more data on K&M accurate too.  Would it really f***ing kill manufacturers to just refine a load and do a 5x5 or 3x10 for us to see a best case with a rifle?  Just film the whole thing with no editing so it is obvious no bulls*** is going on and bam, you have earned the trust and respect of a lot of shooters. 
Mnbullpup80

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2017, 06:07:53 AM »

I think the feeling you had was just indigestion. Don't worry though DT will kick you in the stomach again in a few days with another delay. Any thoughts on what the next excuse will be?  Maybe we could provide Nick with a few good ones in this forum.

I'll start: Dear loyal customers, our design is flawed and I just realized this project is bankrupting the company, therefore I have decided to end the MDR project. Thank you for investing in my company. Refunds will be in the form of an incomplete MDR parts kit. See if you can make it work. Good Luck!
ammomans

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2017, 08:53:43 AM »

How about this:

Dear customers,

Thank you for your interest-free funding of the MDR project for the last 18 months. We couldn't have made it this far without your hard earned cash! (we tried getting money from a bank, but they wanted something in return)  However, due to unforeseen issues with our vendors, we need another 18 months interest-free funding.  We will be charging your card again, but this time for the new full price of the MDR - $3,000.  (your first payment only covers the cost of the cool MDR t-shirt we will include when it finally ships.)  More news to come in 18 months.
Grifter

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »

Refunds will be in the form of an incomplete MDR parts kit. See if you can make it work. Good Luck!

I would be willing to bet a lot of folks would accept that, and likely be happy with it.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2017, 11:24:03 AM »

I think the feeling you had was just indigestion. Don't worry though DT will kick you in the stomach again in a few days with another delay. Any thoughts on what the next excuse will be?

You were right...I popped two tums to take care of it.  I've stocked up on Prilosec for the upcoming update.

As far as what the next excuse will be...I'm still laughing at the feb. 2017 (<unfortunately must clarify the year here) update when they stated 'rifles are on track to start shipping in march'.  I stopped taking them for their word after Nick's YouTube video in 2016 stating 3rd qtr.  Seeing is believing...has been for a lot us for a while now.

They'll eventually release it, just never sold on their monthly updates.

Incidentally, 'The Boy who cried wolf' fable has been replaced in public schools with the new 'The company who promised the MDR' fable.  You can also find it on Amazon.  Prime members obviously get free shipping but Amazon indicates delivery delays of 6-9 mos.  Amazon's CEO even put up a YouTube video discussing the delays while committing to the 3rd qtr.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 11:28:26 AM by HBeretta » Logged
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2017, 12:43:28 PM »

I want to see it ship, if only to silence the @#$%#@! trolls.  Angry

Don't you losers have billy goats to chase or something?
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2017, 01:42:04 PM »

https://youtu.be/SKHhaihALh4
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »

I think the feeling you had was just indigestion. Don't worry though DT will kick you in the stomach again in a few days with another delay. Any thoughts on what the next excuse will be?

You were right...I popped two tums to take care of it.  I've stocked up on Prilosec for the upcoming update.

As far as what the next excuse will be...I'm still laughing at the feb. 2017 (<unfortunately must clarify the year here) update when they stated 'rifles are on track to start shipping in march'.  I stopped taking them for their word after Nick's YouTube video in 2016 stating 3rd qtr.  Seeing is believing...has been for a lot us for a while now.

They'll eventually release it, just never sold on their monthly updates.

Incidentally, 'The Boy who cried wolf' fable has been replaced in public schools with the new 'The company who promised the MDR' fable.  You can also find it on Amazon.  Prime members obviously get free shipping but Amazon indicates delivery delays of 6-9 mos.  Amazon's CEO even put up a YouTube video discussing the delays while committing to the 3rd qtr.

LOL, this is the funniest thing I've read!
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2017, 03:58:33 PM »

Lol, this is also quite funny. But not as funny as the thing Hberetta said.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2017, 07:36:23 PM »

I think it's the only way for no-post count newbies to build their post and try to build some edgy hater-cred.

Kurt
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »

I think it's the only way for no-post count newbies to build their post and try to build some edgy hater-cred.

Lol, you skip over my posts, but comment on a post like two or three posts back?
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2017, 08:27:18 PM »

Lol, you skip over my posts, but comment on a post like two or three posts back?

He's in the next county over...those of us who have to deal with the Amish Mafia have to stick together!   Grin Cheesy Wink

Kurt
Daryn
^

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2017, 09:49:46 PM »

My tracking number came in today, says delivery date of June 3rd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length