Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2017, 07:14:21 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Bullpup Unlimited
| | |-+  Mossberg 500 one piece fore end...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mossberg 500 one piece fore end...  (Read 1009 times)
mshill

« on: May 09, 2017, 05:31:30 PM »

So I screwed up and ended up buying the Mossberg 500 combo on sale at Big 5 and it turns out that it has the one piece fore end that is not compatible with the Bullpups Unlimited kit.

Can I swap out the one piece fore arm with a stock 500 fore end/slide tube assembly?

If the answer is yes, which one fits 6.75" or 7.75"?
And do I have to buy a nut as well?

Or am I just screwed and have to sell the combo and buy one specifically with the two piece fore end?
bullpup45

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 09:07:39 AM »

The parts are interchangeable , the 7.7 works best.  Bullpup Unlimited does have the parts for sale but we have not get them on the web site yet.  Send us and email.    tks
mshill

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.  I have a line on an action slide tube assembly so I should have it all put together in a week or so.
mshill

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:35:47 PM »

I ended up buying the Hogue 7.75" Action Slide Tube with Nut for $55.  Fits both the Mossberg 500 and the BU500 kit perfectly.  Got it all assembled and took it this morning and put 100 rounds through it, of all things shooting sporting clays.   Did pretty good considering it was my first time with a pump gun and with an offset circle/dot on a shotgun.  It performed quite well, and if I had not shorted stroked the slide a couple times early on it would have been better.

Completely impressed and satisfied with the hit.  If I were to do anything different I would have got the 7+1 20" barrel instead if the 5+1 18.5" barrel.  The extra capacity would have been worth the extra 1.5" and I ended up spending another $60 on the action slide tube that I think is included on the longer gun/barrel.

All in all I love it.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length