Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2017, 10:42:05 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Shell ejection stock damage
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shell ejection stock damage  (Read 662 times)
Jfoster99

« on: May 08, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »

Almost every photo  I see showing a close up of the ejection port has damage on the stock from case ejection..

I just purchased a new stock for $375 from Pete and will be spending another $150 to have it cerekoted.

What is the best way to avoid this type of damage... do only certain loads eject in a pattern to cause the damage.. so with proper ammo selection can it be avoided?

I rather not have to keep a strip of duct tape permanently attached to the rifle.  I purchased the Corvus shell deflector thinking maybe that is the answer but it is a new and untested product ( but I do have high hopes for it)

Any input on the issue is appreciated.

DubageL

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 07:00:22 PM »

I use 2 pieces of green military duct type tape just to the rear of the ejection port. When they start getting warn, replace them.
chickendumpling

KISS

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »

I used a big chunk of black Velcro - the soft side.   At one point, someone was selling/auctioning a molded piece that would adhere to the stock.   Then there is a clip-on ... don't recall the mfg.   Sure there is more.   

Seems like a basic idea for a shell deflector - guess you have to cut weight somewhere  Cheesy
Jfoster99

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 08:05:03 PM »

I was hoping for a better solution then Velcro or duct tape... A guy on eBay is selling a molded foam solution in the standard AUG colors but still not happy with that either.

On some trucks/cars the lower body is painted with a textured product to resist rock chips.  Perhaps I could tape off a a few square inches apply the texture and then get it cerekoted?

Bad idea?

THX1138

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:07:35 PM »

The Corvus deflector is the best option at this point in time. In the past I tried Manticore's clip-on brass deflector and did not like it. Prior to the Corvus deflector I just used velcro; simple, cheap, and effective.
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 09:54:43 AM »

If you already purched our Case Deflector, mount it. It will protect your stock. And due to the front 7075 hard anodized aluminum hook it will also protect the front of the ejection port window in case of FTEs. Empty casings can easily get stuck in the plastics and damage it. This is impossible with a mounted deflector.
bravo619

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 02:16:52 AM »

Is there any place you can buy corvus deflectors in the Us

45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/bravo619/458.gif
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 03:59:59 PM »

@ bravo619
Not yet. Hopefully some time in the future! WeŽll keep you informed!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length