Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 05:02:57 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Corvus Defense AUG Brass Deflector FAILURE/WARNING!
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Corvus Defense AUG Brass Deflector FAILURE/WARNING!  (Read 3351 times)
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »

Jfoster99,
Correct. The ejection port window is asymmetrical. So the Deflector only fits right versions. We will have left versions in the future too. If you are not able to re-sell it please send a mail to our customer service. I am sure we have a solution to satisfy you.

cjgemm,
Regretfully the NATO stock does not have the little grooves inside that keep the ejection port cover - and our Deflector. The same for you: If you are not able to re-sell it, shoot us a mail. We will take care about that.

We are sorry for any inconvenience and misunderstanding and will state this info more clearly at our website.

Regards!
JK919

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »

Oh crap, it doesn't work on NATOs?  I installed one on mine but haven't had a chance to try it yet. What is the problem exactly?
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 12:50:04 PM »

JK919,

The deflector fits into the ejection port. But the hooks have no groves to snap in. The reason is that the NATO stocks are "right side ejection" only. This means that there is no under cut in the ejection port for the ejection port covers (which are made for closing the side you do not need when changing the ejection side). There is a big chance that the deflector will not be kept in place when you start firing. We just found out about this issue because a NATO stock is usually not available in Austria. We try to get one, if possible to experiment with it.
We imagine that you could simply cut the little grooves you need for the hook retention with a knife or a Dremel. But we can't give guarantees for that. You could try to pull the deflector out of the ejection port to see if it is still kept in place. But please contact us if  you want to give it back. Sorry for any inconvenience!
JK919

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 04:58:21 PM »

No worries. I'll try and test it and if it doesn't work, I'll try selling it locally first.
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 04:13:22 AM »

Cool! Please let us know your results. Thx!
spyderco monkey

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 08:04:16 PM »

Shot 6x42rd mags yesterday with Corvus shell deflector. Worked great and remains solidly in place with no wiggle.

Also now has a cool brass "patina" where the shells impacted the deflector.

Will report back with more later.
ezvalor

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »

I finally got around to take some pics. As demonstrated the little tab that keeps the front of the frame in place fractured and snapped off during firing.

* IMG_7114.JPG (1253.06 KB, 2239x1781 - viewed 90 times.)

* IMG_7117.JPG (1066.62 KB, 2398x1529 - viewed 80 times.)

* IMG_7118.JPG (308.23 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 78 times.)
JK919

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 04:41:34 PM »

Crap. Mine fell off the NATO stock after 5 rounds haha.
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 06:20:40 PM »

ezvalor,
Thanks for the pics! Interesting. We discussed it today and never saw this before. You will get a new front frame anyway. And please tell us, if that should happen again with that specific AUG.

JK919,
Sadly as pedicted. There are no grooves for the hooks on a NATO stock. Just tell us, if you want to give it back. WeŽll get a NATO stock soon to exeriment with and find a solution.
SloppyINSeattle

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2017, 06:35:55 PM »

i should be uploading a full new vid to youtube soon in regards to the CD mag release as well as the brass deflector. so far i have had ZERO issues with either.

SJ
Revierler
New Posting Member

Alpine member

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2017, 07:00:50 AM »

AFAIK Corvus hat a bad production lot, the "hook" was made too thin.
I have an updated version on my test rifle and so far it has held up fine for over 4000 rounds.

If you turn your swords into ploughshares you will be ploughing for those who didnŽt.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length