Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2017, 10:54:25 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RDB Updates
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RDB Updates  (Read 884 times)
thehun

« on: April 17, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »

I've read that Keltec has updated the RDB here and there since last year.

What are some of the improvements that were made between release to now.

I am getting a RDB that was born 3/16/17
HBeretta

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 11:48:11 PM »

i believe the only update to the gun has been a redesign of the bolt to prevent the extractor pin from walking out.  the only other issue really is the riveted sear bar and hammer coming loose.  well i wouldn't call seeing this reported only twice an issue with regard to hammer and sear bar.  also the pic rail is supposed to have loctite on one of the fastening bolts which has come loose for several.  it's an easy fix if it happens, but i'd recommend you visit ktog.org and find the thread pertaining to this issue as it provides instructions on how to properly loctite the screw.

aside from my rail coming loose my gun hasn't had any issues at all at 2k rounds in.  it's been a fantastic gun for me.  good luck with yours. 
BrianK

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 01:18:28 AM »

Hb' is the sear bar/hammer a possibility as to why mine went cattywumpus? I don't remember if I posted pix, but I can.

I'd really like to know why mine pooped itself and the mothership was totally silent. They just fixed it and gave it back.
Grifter

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:55:02 AM »

Yes, your breakage was the sear/hammer issue, as far as I can tell from your photos. It is, at this point, the rarest issue.

As far as Kel-Tec being silent and just fixing the problem, this is (unfortunately) standard business practice with most gun manufacturers that I have dealt with. They never really explain what went wrong or what was the cause of the breakage or how to avoid it happening again. They usually simply put "Warranty Service Performed" on a receipt and send your firearm back.

From my experience though, Kel-Tec is different from most other companies in that they don't try to weasel out of performing the service. They don't try to do a full blown investigation just to justify doing the warranty work, they also never asked questions when I wanted an extra firing pin as a just in case backup. I requested one through the warrant ticket system on their website and they emailed a day or two later saying they were shipping one that day (free of charge). From what I have seen, that is also how other owners were getting the newer revision bolts, simply requesting them, and either having it sent to them or (in one case when the individual was concerned about head spacing on the new bolt) sending their firearm in to have the bolt installed, no questions or investigation or trying to get out of doing the work.

BrianK

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:22:59 AM »

Yes, they were very good about it.

I put the blame for them not telling me anything squarely on me. I should have requested it, but without the request how would they know? For all they know I'm just someone who owns the gun, buys ammo to put through it, and doesn't care to know anything about it beyond that.

thehun

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 10:25:40 AM »

Thanks for the replies. Picking it up tonight.
Tj7

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 03:49:57 PM »

As others have stated the only update has been to the bolt. I have followed the RDB closely as i was waiting for OD Green to come out. Good luck with your RDB, be sure to let us know how it runs Cool

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness, are the essential principles of a free society. There is no substitute, or partial acceptance. -TJ
thehun

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 08:04:25 AM »

Can the gas block/piston able to be disassembled for cleaning?
BrianK

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 10:16:34 AM »

BTW, I was at my LGS yesterday and saw 2 RDBs on the wall. I asked how access was and was told that it's no better, but they can get them. For a small gunshop they sell a LOT of guns. Heck, for a small gun shop in the middle of nowhere Maine they sell a huge amount of guns.
Iamscotticus
New Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 11:39:27 PM »

Can the gas block/piston able to be disassembled for cleaning?
I 2nd the question!
Heavy

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 12:04:12 AM »

Just discovered the RDB tactical. 16in barrel, mlok forend, pistol grip and adjustable stock. Now i just have to wait a year to find one in the wild.

* IMG_4427-440x330.jpg (29.48 KB, 440x330 - viewed 98 times.)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length