Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  So it's time to consider the reality of the MDR project
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: So it's time to consider the reality of the MDR project  (Read 7111 times)
HBeretta

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 01:34:08 PM »

Honestly who gives a s*** if DT goes bankrupt?

lol...every person who pre-ordered gives a sh!t.  do you think those who pre-ordered want to wait on refund checks from DT, or responses from them if they haven't received refund, in the midst of DT filing for bankruptcy while auctioning off their intellectual property?  short answer>>>hell the f#%k no!

Why the hell do these trolls come out and spread their BS crap? They obviously don't have a dog in this fight. Their the equivalent of the dumbass antifa/anarchist trolls that crash protests wearing their dumbass masks with the sole intent to cause riots/fights/assaults and to destroy property and set fires.  Roll Eyes

Who are you directing this towards? 
Whoops

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2017, 02:12:28 PM »

I have my complaints with them too. But the stupid over-the-top ridiculous slanderous negativity is beyond old. It's really stinking up the place and showing you to be someone that makes me wish for an ignore feature on this board.
There is a built in ignore feature on this board. It's called the log out button.

Also, I think the idea that someone who didn't put money down on a product that would potentially never exist doesn't also have a dog in this is kinda short sighted. Of course they do, as people involved in the industry and interested in bullpups most of us really want to see the MDR succeed. The problems we are identifying come from the industry being able to get away with so much BS and have dummies continue to go "hey guise I think my kumbaya song if really gone convince DT to release the MDR let's give them some more leeway'. The problem isn't the time, the problem is the lies and the generally poor business practices.
Grifter

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2017, 04:22:29 PM »

So pretty much anyone with an opinion other than "Desert-Tech is the best, The MDR is the revolution!" is simply not welcome? Even those with logical opinion on an open forum with free speech allowed??
Grifter

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2017, 04:45:50 PM »

And if a couple of harmless jokes are enough to hurt your feelings, perhaps the internet is going to be a rough place for you.
EWTHeckman

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »

There is a built in ignore feature on this board. It's called the log out button.

Don't be silly. (Oops, too late.)

Also, I think the idea that someone who didn't put money down on a product that would potentially never exist doesn't also have a dog in this is kinda short sighted.

You do realize that I've actually held one in my hot little hands, don't you? I even got to dry fire it. (Nice trigger for any gun, let alone a bullpup!) They do exist.

The only reason they would not ship at all would be if DT goes bankrupt, which has already been pointed out to be WILDY speculative. Whether or not they will be a success is a much more reasonable question. But flogging the "never exist" trash when it already does is why I'm bother to push back against the stupid trolling.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 05:36:09 PM by EWTHeckman » Logged
Ditcher
^

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 07:19:44 PM »

Popcorn
spector762

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »

looks like a few people are off the meds on this form no people the little green men arnt going to touch you
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 07:45:46 PM »

I have my complaints with them too. But the stupid over-the-top ridiculous slanderous negativity is beyond old. It's really stinking up the place and showing you to be someone that makes me wish for an ignore feature on this board.

A very big +1!

Kurt
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 07:50:04 PM »

So pretty much anyone with an opinion other than "Desert-Tech is the best, The MDR is the revolution!" is simply not welcome? Even those with logical opinion on an open forum with free speech allowed??

That's not what anyone is saying.  The negativity by people who are not even involved with purchasing (i.e. put money down already) is off the charts and the negative speculation is being repeated so often and so vehemently that people are starting to take it as fact.  If you're so unhappy, why are you trying to make everyone else unhappy, too?

Kurt
spector762

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2017, 08:23:12 PM »

That's not what anyone is saying.  The negativity by people who are not even involved with purchasing (i.e. put money down already) is off the charts and the negative speculation is being repeated so often and so vehemently that people are starting to take it as fact.  If you're so unhappy, why are you trying to make everyone else unhappy, too?
totally agree despite the delays i can't wait to own the mdr
Whoops

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »

Don't be silly. (Oops, too late.)

Also, I think the idea that someone who didn't put money down on a product that would potentially never exist doesn't also have a dog in this is kinda short sighted.

You do realize that I've actually held one in my hot little hands, don't you? I even got to dry fire it. (Nice trigger for any gun, let alone a bullpup!) They do exist.

The only reason they would not ship at all would be if DT goes bankrupt, which has already been pointed out to be WILDY speculative. Whether or not they will be a success is a much more reasonable question. But flogging the "never exist" trash when it already does is why I'm bother to push back against the stupid trolling.

I wasn't saying there weren't models out there, I'm saying YOUR MDR might never exist, not the MDR in the general sense.
sampitt

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 09:16:12 PM »

This is such a dumb thread.
o2mover
^

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 10:44:08 PM »

Dt is apt to supply the Mdr just to get the whiners,  pissers and moaners just to pie hole, not because they want to make money. It has gotten very old for those if us who read the posts hoping to glean some encouraging info, but instead end up trying to determine if the message is full of speculation and negativity so they can skip it.
I think a big cup of shut the #$%& up is in order.
HBeretta

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »

Can i get a D?....can i get an E?....can i get an S?....can i get......  cheer leader
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:15:06 PM by HBeretta » Logged
bpguy

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2017, 11:51:47 PM »

can't recall where i read it but their estimated yearly revenue is 10.5 million.  this might be a reasonable estimate which would mean all they'd need to do is push 1500-2000 precision rifles yearly if that depending on the build.  yeah marketing costs and so does new equipment but i find it unlikely they've hinged their business on a handful of prototypes.  let's not forget they distribute ammo as well.  sorry frostburg it was never reality to begin with and an unlikely scenario for them i believe.

the reality is...we really dont know what's going on at DT.
If you look at the latest 2015 ATF report.  DT reported 709 rifles built in 2015.  They may be in trouble with the finances with all of the engineering and development time the MDR is taking.  How many years have they been saying they will be shipping next month?Huh?
Chief Master

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 12:02:10 AM »

Can i get a D?....can i get an E?....can i get an S?....can i get......  cheer leader

DESPARATE?
HBeretta

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 12:08:55 AM »

can't recall where i read it but their estimated yearly revenue is 10.5 million.  this might be a reasonable estimate which would mean all they'd need to do is push 1500-2000 precision rifles yearly if that depending on the build.  yeah marketing costs and so does new equipment but i find it unlikely they've hinged their business on a handful of prototypes.  let's not forget they distribute ammo as well.  sorry frostburg it was never reality to begin with and an unlikely scenario for them i believe.

If you look at the latest 2015 ATF report.  DT reported 709 rifles built in 2015.  They may be in trouble with the finances with all of the engineering and development time the MDR is taking.  How many years have they been saying they will be shipping next month?Huh?

lol...the two links below should put this to bed.  a company who's turned down a 15 million dollar contract in recent years and just added a contract with the czech MoD for 3 million...surely among others...one would guess isn't struggling or at the very least is sustainable.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/05/desert-tech-utah-gunmaker-turns-down-15-million-deal-with-pakistan.html

http://www.janes.com/article/68822/czech-armed-forces-order-desert-tech-hti-sniper-rifles
HBeretta

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2017, 12:12:55 AM »

DESPARATE?

haha...i was going to write 'DESERTED'...   man, that works...'Deserted Tech'!  nah, you're lucky i got to 'S'...wasn't about to copy and paste that sh!t to complete 'desert tech'.
Nomad07

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2017, 01:30:59 PM »

Well since last julyish...so 11 months?Huh? That is suddenly years?
charliegotnolove
^

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2017, 08:45:15 AM »

I have started to worry about bankruptcy. With the loss of confidence in DT to the point that no one but the most ardent fanboy believes anything DT says, to the failure to even keep QnA deadlines..... It looks really bad. Hope that they cross the finish line with a great product so they can reconcile their missteps.

You're worried about DT going into bankruptcy because people that buy their products are losing confidence in DT? Really? They have an established clientele based on their bolt action rifles. They don't need the MDR to stay in business because they're already established in business and I have never heard anything bad about their bolt action rifles that has caused any loss in confidence. Their bolt action rifles are their bread and butter. If you based this loss in confidence on something being wrong or defective in those bolt action rifles, then yes, you might have a point.

They might have a solid line of bolt actions.  But they are cost prohibitive.  I would be surprised if they move less than 10 a month during lulls.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length