Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2017, 12:53:10 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  So it's time to consider the reality of the MDR project
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: So it's time to consider the reality of the MDR project  (Read 7100 times)
spector762

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 07:03:15 PM »

well my ship date moved to may15 now

seems to be a recurring theme in the industry...cabela's cancelled preorders for the new cz p10c that was supposed to be due out in dec, jan, feb...now pushed to june although some are swearing april still which doesn't leave much time for that reality.  oh well, nothing like shopping for other handguns to pass the time.    
i want that pistol as well looks like a promising handgun at least mac got one and reviewed it
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:57:55 PM by spector762 » Logged
HunterDiver
New Posting Member

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 12:40:49 PM »

"Kel-Tec:  Ten produced per month, by month 10 the gun will already be on revision 3.

Remington:  Barrels bored off center, rifle fires if it's looked at with a "hard stare", and other than the original shipping version no additional parts will ever be made.

Colt:  Price is increased 25%, it gets pitched to everyone in the .gov and .mil communities, and the civilian market is ignored.  Then Colt goes bankrupt again."

How about a Steyr MDR?  The idea of an MDR built alongside an AUG!

Mike
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 12:56:53 PM »

I'm not sure there is anything we can infer about DT's economic situation from the creation of this rifle, other than, maybe, the types of inferments we can make based on other businesses that have launched new projects.
OldFamilyRed

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 01:07:41 PM »

The Desert Tech bankruptcy is going to totally f*** up the Airsoft MDR sales.

kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 08:09:44 PM »

"Kel-Tec:  Ten produced per month, by month 10 the gun will already be on revision 3.

Remington:  Barrels bored off center, rifle fires if it's looked at with a "hard stare", and other than the original shipping version no additional parts will ever be made.

Colt:  Price is increased 25%, it gets pitched to everyone in the .gov and .mil communities, and the civilian market is ignored.  Then Colt goes bankrupt again."

How about a Steyr MDR?  The idea of an MDR built alongside an AUG!

Mike

That would be as bad as HK building the MDR...they pay lipservice to the consumer market and might come out with what you want today in twenty years...if Steyr Austria decides they don't have any more pressing things to do.  And then they might just say the he11 with it and go down to the bar and hoist a couple pints while laughing at the plight of the US consumer.

Kurt
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 08:10:45 PM »

What DT bankruptcy?  Where is there even one concrete shred of evidence other than someone speculating about it on the internet?  This is how stupid ideas become stupid rumors that people then defend as "fact".

Kurt
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 08:40:29 PM »

What DT bankruptcy?  Where is there even one concrete shred of evidence other than someone speculating about it on the internet?  This is how stupid ideas become stupid rumors that people then defend as "fact".

Uh, this thread bro? DT has already laid of employees.
Siris

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »

I laid off a bartender last week, and my sales are at record levels, pretty sure I'm not bankrupt.

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 09:03:11 PM »

I saw nothing that said DT laid off employees...unless I missed it.  Care to point it out for me?  What I did see was rampant and ill-informed speculation.

Kurt
Whoops

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 09:11:15 PM »

Honestly who gives a s*** if DT goes bankrupt? Im willing to bet less than 5 years down the line we will see bullpups of equal or greater capabilities than the MDR so I'm not too worried.
Grifter

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 10:17:40 PM »

What I did see was rampant and ill-informed speculation.

Yeah, I agree, Desert-Tech releasing the MDR anytime soon is a pretty idiotic thing to believe.
HBeretta

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:43 PM »

Honestly who gives a s*** if DT goes bankrupt?

lol...every person who pre-ordered gives a sh!t.  do you think those who pre-ordered want to wait on refund checks from DT, or responses from them if they haven't received refund, in the midst of DT filing for bankruptcy while auctioning off their intellectual property?  short answer>>>hell the f#%k no!
Whoops

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2017, 10:55:11 PM »

lol...every person who pre-ordered gives a sh!t.  do you think those who pre-ordered want to wait on refund checks from DT, or responses from them if they haven't received refund, in the midst of DT filing for bankruptcy while auctioning off their intellectual property?  short answer>>>hell the f#%k no!
Oh right, I forgot there were still folks who are willing to pay an obscene amount of money for something that might not materialize.
EWTHeckman

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2017, 11:55:05 PM »

Slateman, Whoops, and Grifter, you made my eyes roll so hard that I think I sprained something. Thanks ever so much!  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Undecided

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 12:41:35 AM »

Oh right, I forgot there were still folks who are willing to pay an obscene amount of money for something that might not materialize.
[/quote]

Excellent.
Grifter

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 09:02:25 AM »

Slateman, Whoops, and Grifter, you made my eyes roll so hard that I think I sprained something. Thanks ever so much!  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Undecided

I was in the same camp as you at one time, blindly waiting in the DT happy with what I had been shown, that was until Desert-Tech started losing my personal trust (continued delays, out right lies about where they were at in the production process, changing the product without even giving some mention of it to the pre-orders, calling anyone who complained or had questions about anything "a weed that needs to be pulled").

Sorry, I am not drinking the cool-aid without first knowing what is even in it.
EWTHeckman

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 11:29:15 AM »

I have my complaints with them too. But the stupid over-the-top ridiculous slanderous negativity is beyond old. It's really stinking up the place and showing you to be someone that makes me wish for an ignore feature on this board.
INV136

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 11:58:34 AM »

Honestly who gives a s*** if DT goes bankrupt?

Why the hell do these trolls come out and spread their BS crap? They obviously don't have a dog in this fight. Their the equivalent of the dumbass antifa/anarchist trolls that crash protests wearing their dumbass masks with the sole intent to cause riots/fights/assaults and to destroy property and set fires.  Roll Eyes
INV136

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 12:00:45 PM »

I have my complaints with them too. But the stupid over-the-top ridiculous slanderous negativity is beyond old. It's really stinking up the place and showing you to be someone that makes me wish for an ignore feature on this board.

Exactly!!
BrianK

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 12:41:17 PM »

Yup. I've been wondering for the last few days how to write it nicely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length