Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 04:57:47 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Trijicon RMR Sight
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trijicon RMR Sight  (Read 919 times)
leopardprey

« on: April 14, 2017, 10:17:37 AM »

Anyone putting one of these on their AUG? With a rail?  What attachment did you use?

Looking at taking one my AUGs, adding the new extended rail, and putting some Magpul BUS and the RMR on it. 

How do you like the sight?  Quick and easy sight picture? 
becket

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 02:25:05 PM »

I have. I have an EOTech +EOTech 3x on all of my AUGs now. I have an RMR 3MOA (battery model) with an ADM high-mount. It was awesome. Effortless cheek-weld and sight picture. I sourced the RMR for an FNX-45 Tactical as I wanted magnification on my AUGs. Sure, you can run a magnifier behind the RMR, but would require the low-mount.

IMO, I would only run the RMR if you don't plan on running a magnifier.
SamM

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 03:37:31 PM »

My Trijicon RMR06 is as purchased for my Glock 19 MOS, but was also installed on my AUG with an American Defense QD rail mount. A Vortex SPARC II sits on that mount now. It was ok but I sold it. I would recommend the Leupold Delta Pro over the Trijicon. It's a true parallax free unit and much more reasonable in price.  

It was ok but not great. Easy to use, nice picture but I like tougher red dot. It seemed fragile sitting on the AUG.

SamM
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 03:41:50 PM by SamM » Logged

Why SBR?
leopardprey

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »

Sam,  was your last sentence pertaining to the Leupold or the RMR?  Thanks.
becket

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »

The fiber-optic RMRs are extremely durable. The battery-op models close behind. Imagine the force (reciprocating/recoil) applied to these sights on pistols!
leopardprey

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »

I had a Trijicon Reflex sight attached to my M-249 for my first year in Iraq.  It was amazing the abuse it took, always banging into things like vehicles, myself, bunkers, getting bounced around in vehicle rides, shooting, the heat,  and yet still retained a zero. 

I was a big fan of EoTech until the latest fisasco, and have contemplated selling mine or returning it. But, I never had any issues or drift with it. 

I have Leupold scopes mounted on my TC Encore and other rifles I have had, and very good quality. The 1.5 - 5x Leupold on my TC Encore has been there for years and have take seven deer with it.  Always reliable, clear, and keeps a zero even after getting banged up all the time, in and out of vehicles, up and down tree stands, walking through the woods.   So nice to hear about the Leupold micro red dot.  Think is my ticket!

So what mount did you use with it?   
SamM

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 06:21:51 PM »

Just to clarify. My last short paragraph was regarding the RMR. Physically, it seemed fragile sitting on the AUG. It is not a fragile sight. It is very durable and recoil resistance. My comment was only about its appearance on the AUG.  

SamM
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:42:42 PM by SamM » Logged

Why SBR?
leopardprey

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 08:02:42 PM »

What do you think of the durability of the Leupold?    As the Leupold is much better from my financial point of view at this time. 
SamM

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 10:41:12 PM »

Well, it has a Lifetime Warranty! That goes a long way with me. The online reviews are pretty good.

SamM

Why SBR?
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length